POLL: Which ad are you happier NOT to be seeing lately?

Dan Darragh

POLL: Which ad are you happier NOT to be seeing lately?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Which ad are you happier NOT to be seeing lately?

• Baker Mayfield "at home" Progressive ads
    • Blond in red pant suit Verizon ads

5 hours ago, Greg S said:

I think the worst commercial is the one where the friends are like... "Are you Ok?, You don't seem like yourself." "If you want to talk, I am here for you." They play that stupid commercial all the time. 

Are you Ok?, You don't seem like yourself.

If you want to talk, I am here for you.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, filthymcnasty08 said:

Please take the Serena "Matrix" tennis commercial with the other two.

IMO the worst ad is the one for shoes by Gronk.  I was shopping for shoes and because I had NFL gear on he said I should look at them.

I said "No".

Him "No on these kind of shoes?"

Me: "No on buying from this store.  Gronk deliberately injured Bills CB post play which off field would get his arrested for assault with grievous bodily harm (GBH).

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

He has more natural charisma and ability to "act" (if we can use that term) than most professional athletes, no doubt.

That's true. It was painful to watch Rodgers at first as they tried to force him into commercial spots. He's loosened up a bit but he's still far from being a natural.

And Mahomes is still not there. Maybe he never will be.

I suspect Josh will be getting national spots pretty soon so we'll see how he handles it. It's a rare athlete (Peyton is one) who is just naturally comfortable in front of the camera.

6 hours ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

They'll both be back for Bowling & Golf seasons.

Speaking of Bowling, is it dying?  Used to be huge in Buffalo when I was growing up, now, maybe not so much?  Is it causing Global Warming, or what?

The worst are those liberty mutual commercials with Limu Emu and Doug. I want to punch him in the face and have Emu for dinner.

Baker is actually a great actor. A lot of athletes seemed forced in commercials, Baker seems natural. I always enjoy the Progressive commercials with him. However, progressive is one of the companies on my list of “I’ll never, ever use that company BECAUSE of their advertising”. Flo is beyond awful. I thought they couldn’t get worse… and they come out with “sign guy”. What are those commercials even supposed to represent. It’s amazing to think people are paid to come up with this garbage. 

14 hours ago, Dan Darragh said:

Either way TV viewing is improved without them

Why would you not include the Mahomes/Rodgers State Farm commercials?

I like the Baker commercials just fine, except their frequency.

What's wrong with Kate McKinnon? 

I'll be happy when the Gronk USAA ads stop

On 1/31/2022 at 4:29 PM, Limeaid said:

Remember Don Marino got into commercials when he broke his leg and had time while healing to shoot them.

Remember Brett Favre in there's something about Mary

On 1/31/2022 at 10:00 AM, msw2112 said:

The Serena commercials are absolutely terrible, but the one saving grace is the "guest appearance" by John McEnroe in one of them.  I'm a fan of Johnny Mac from back in the day.

John McEnroe is the best part, but even he can't save that dung heap of a commercial.

I keep wishing that Serena gets pummeled by all those tennis balls.

What is troublesome is how those commercials show these people enjoying such awful movies.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.