Brian Daboll hired to be Head Coach of NY Giants

Draconator

5 minutes ago, Beast said:

Um, yeah. And you think tbey are going to be caught in this funk forever?

Newsflash: Team can improve after regime changes. Remember 5 years ago?

This is their 3rd in five years and they ain’t passing Dallas anytime soon so that  means you believe Daniel Jones is a better QB then Jalen Hurts who just went to the playoffs 

Just now, Donuts and Doritos said:

Good for him. Loss for us. Hopefully Dorsey succeeds him IF he doesn't go with him. Hope this doesn't set Josh & our offense back.

Josh and the offense are synonyms.  And there will be no setbacks regardless of who the OC is. 

13 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Sounds like Daboll and Dorsey are a package deal.

I'm not the least bit concerned...we will have our pick of the available candidates...being Josh Allen's OC is a ticket to fame and fortune, and everyone knows it... 

Edited by mannc

10 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Was Belichick a legend in the 80's? 

Can we discuss every head coach in Buffalo except for Saban, Knox, Levy and McDermott... over 61 seasons? 

Is your argument that it's easier to succeed in Buffalo than in NY?

The comment you quoted that I made was..."What a tough place to be a head coach!"

I stand by my comment, because it is...

Funny stuff as someone mentioned, "They need a rebuild, they are in terrible cap situation for a lousy team."

1 minute ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Pederson is not a good fit. He runs the West Coast offense which would be a huge change for Josh.

Incidentally that's the offense that Andy Reid and Mahommes run. 

You need someone fluent in the Erhardt-Perkins offense offense which is what Daboll and Josh run.

Daboll learned everything he knows about Erhardt-Perkins from his time at Alabama and being under Nick Saban.

That's what Alabama runs to this day so the only logical choice is Bill OBrien the current OC at Alabama. 

OBrien could come here and run the same offense and run it better than Daboll without missing a beat.

Incorrect.  Alabama may run Erhardt-Perkins, but Daboll learned his variant of Erhardt-Perkins from his time with the Patriots.  That's what they run.  

It's been commented by a number of people that Daboll runs a variant of the Patriots offense.

I do agree that it would be better to keep the E-P offense and nomenclature, but that's far from saying Bill O'Brien and his flaming ego are a good choice, much less the "only logical choice".

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Turbo44 said:

What are you talking about? Beane had no choice but to let daboll get a HC job and McDermott is going nowhere, stupid 13 seconds or not.

I don’t know who’s out there BUT anybody would die to be OC for Josh Allen. Daboll was mediocre at best before Josh.

Only halfway through the thread but “anyone would die to be OC for Josh Allen” - except for Ken Dorsey, apparently.

3 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

The comment you quoted that I made was..."What a tough place to be a head coach!"

I stand by my comment, because it is...

Funny stuff as someone mentioned, "They need a rebuild, they are in terrible cap situation for a lousy team."

It would be funny if I said that coaches have success every single season, which I didn't.  I'll take the Giants success of the last 40 years over the Bills any day.

1 hour ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

The Giants never let Joe Judge do that a year or two of finishing 3rd in their division and Dabs will be back with Saban at Bama 

The timing is better for Daboll. They weren’t going to move off of Jones after his first or second season. And after his third night as well start fresh with a new coach and gm rather than run it back.

I’m not 100% convinced Jones will be the QB in 2022. Sure they are saying he is for now but what else are they going to say.

also, both coming from Buffalo is very similar to McDermott and Beane both coming form Carolina.

Just now, klos63 said:

It would be funny if I said that coaches have success every single season, which I didn't.  I'll take the Giants success of the last 40 years over the Bills any day.

Go be a Giants fan then...

I was commenting on the current situation of that team...and even you agreed with it. It is funny.

17 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Just not true.  Josh had things that had to be corrected.  Bills fans need to stop with this kind of crap.

They helped each other; but let's not act like Daboll was on the radar of head coaching jobs until Josh broke out last year.   And of the "things" Josh had to get corrected, how much teaching do you think Daboll had on correcting those things (I assume you mean mechanics) compared to Jordan Palmer, Ken Dorsey, and Josh himself?  

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.