Taunting not called on Hill's TD

Mikie2times

Just now, Joe Ferguson said:

If Hill was flagged for taunting, what will be the penalty? Are they going to waive the TD?

No, it's considered a dead ball foul. We would of ended up having the choice to either take the penalty on the kickoff which would have (at least at that moment) seemed to be a pretty massive penalty. We could have also elected to have it enforced on the extra point which would have made that a 48 yard Extra Point attempt with a miss putting us down by 3 vs down by 4 prior to Allen's last TD drive. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

If it’s not a reason why we lost the game I don’t care

How do you know the answer to that question? Would you have rather seen the play called as it was all year and then have the option to have KC kick a 48 yard extra point or kickoff 15 yards deeper likely giving us the ball around the 40? Either situation potentially leads to a different outcome. I'm not debating that in the end with the way the game played out it didn't "seem" to matter, but it's sort of hard to say it didn't matter. After KC just missed a normal XP, I would have loved the idea of only needing 3 if they miss a 48 yard Extra Point. At that point we are draining clock down to the last drop and if we do score they need a TD to win, a FG does nothing.   

2 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Big thing is... If they just called the blatant holds in the Tampa game... The Buffalo/KC game is in Orchard Park... 

Then on top of it...Refs give KC a fresh set of downs on a 3rd down stop in RedZone because of an away from the play ticky tacky jersey pull... Leading directly to Chiefs second TD! 

They kick FG there..  Hmmm?

that was 100% Dane Jackson’s fault though. He had his hand on the back of Hills’s jersey for like 2 full seconds. Just begging for a flag. I’ve liked Dane’s play this year but he has to be smarter than that. Especially on third down. 

• Agree 1

“Under the NFL's ridiculous taunting rules implemented this season, Hill should have been flagged for that gesture and the score should have been wiped from the board. The Chiefs should have been penalized 15 yards from where the taunt happened, which would have given them a first down at around the 30-yard line.”

22 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

that was 100% Dane Jackson’s fault though. He had his hand on the back of Hills’s jersey for like 2 full seconds. Just begging for a flag. I’ve liked Dane’s play this year but he has to be smarter than that. Especially on third down. 

Yeah.  Agree.  Buy they gotta call that on Tampa!HoldingDiggs_EZ.thumb.jpeg.3b49e43a6d3219213d3e1f0d824048c4.jpeg

^^^^^^

If they call this in Tampa... Bills played Chiefs in Orchard Park NOT KC!

I was thinking about a call but not the taunting. Imagine they don't throw a flag on the Sanders catch. How many seconds come off the clock before the Bills get their timeout? Maybe 1-2 AND if the Bills use a timeout there they don't call timeout before Kelce's catch when Kelce gets to see the Bills alignment and change his route.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

5 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Who cares we scored right after. The TD would have stood anyway. 

Not sure that's true.  It's not a dead ball foul.

If they call the penalty, it's during a live play prior to the TD.

TD is negated, and the line moves back 15 yards and we play the next down.

The thing is, that sort of penalty is never called under those circumstances.

It's always after the play is over.

It was textbook taunting and should have been called IMO.

What he did is precisely what the rule seeks to remove from the game.

5 hours ago, KzooMike said:

Am I the only one that see's how dumb the general thinking in this thread is? It didn't matter because we scored. If we didn't score it would have been one of the most controversial plays in the game. So the phantom PI call in the TB OT game mattered because they scored a TD and won on that drive. Had we stopped them, it wouldn't have mattered (although in each of these, wouldn't have mattered hypotheticals, it leads down an entirely different set of circumstances, play calls, and outcomes). I'm not like up in arms over this non call, I guess it's just sort of humorous that goes from meaning nothing because we scored vs probably being one of the most talked about plays of the game if we don't.      

Do you want the taunting gestures the Bills did to be called too? 

4 hours ago, Starr Almighty said:

They could of made him kick a long extra point. The whole taunting rule came into play after Tyreek Hill did the exact same thing you are watching him do in that video. 

This is correct. The Bills could have elected to enforce the penalty on the PAT or the kickoff. If enforced on the PAT, it would've made it a 48 yard kick, hardly a chip shot, given that he pulled several kicks to the right, including the missed PAT.

Also correct is that it was a clear and obvious penalty. The rule WAS put into effect because of the actions of Tyreek Hill and Antoine Winfield (in the Superbowl) putting up the peace signs. These actions were specifically sighted by the competition committee in the off-season. 

This was a huge miss and it definitely could've altered the outcome of the game. 

The penalty is negated because he was taunting BEFORE he passed Milano which instead is awesome.  All the taunting penalties I saw were dumb.  I hate the rule.  

seriously the refs were not calling penalties in that game both ways.   The bills could have had a couple late hits that were not called.  They let the players play which is good.  

Also the bills benefitted by not having it called

Edited by 13 Second Prevent Defense

3 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Not sure that's true.  It's not a dead ball foul.

If they call the penalty, it's during a live play prior to the TD.

TD is negated, and the line moves back 15 yards and we play the next down.

The thing is, that sort of penalty is never called under those circumstances.

It's always after the play is over.

It was textbook taunting and should have been called IMO.

What he did is precisely what the rule seeks to remove from the game.

And then they run the clock down and score. And Josh doesn’t get his drive. 

So yeah doesn’t matter. And actually helps. There was a reason I yelled let him score at the top of my lungs. 

17 with a minute left to win the game. I would put my money on that all day long. And he delivered his part. 

waiving bye is not taunting. Josh wasn’t called for it either and did the same exact thing against Miami (maybe worse as it was right in the face of Their DT that game.) 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.