Trying To Forget Sunday, Day 2..

pocoboy

I was listening to a "popular" radio show's interview with Eric Wood on the way to work today. I got about 5 minutes in and I said to myself, "Why TF am I doing this to myself???"

I put on "The Nightfly" and grooved out. I need to put this team away for awhile, maybe weeks. Maybe draft time. Maybe free agent signings will help.

Maybe I would feel a little better about this if it wasn't the same humdrum BS from our coaches no matter what. Come on McDermott, I want to see you in emotional pain over this. I want to be convinced you're hurting as much as we are. And I'm not. I'm not sure you don't think you made every right call, and it's just the football gods have it in for us. Or maybe there's a better way, but you're way too sold on yourself to ever admit it.

There, I wound myself up again. Try to escape, and the Black Hole of the Buffalo Bills history sucks you right back in...

Edited by pocoboy
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

I haven’t watched NFL network or the local news. Going to give it about a week before I do that to myself. I was watching CNBC yesterday for market news and Jim Cramer was re-hashing the Bills/Chiefs. I was like “really, I can’t even escape it here?”  

To be honest are usually avoid watching any NFL news after a loss because it is annoying, but I have to say that this time it is largely very positive about Josh Allen and the Bills. I decided to suck it up and get it over with and it turns out it was not as bad as I expected.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm in the anger phase now.  I think I'll be here for a while.  Saw the stat on ESPN this morning about Josh Allen being only one of 5 QB's to ever have 9+ TD, 0 Int in the playoffs.  The other 4 all got to the SB, and 3 won it.  I'm angry.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Yup.. it hasn't subsided for me.  Last night, just turned on the news and both shows randomly started discussing Chiefs/Bills.  Can't escape it.. seems like everyone in America is still buzzing about something we just want to go away.  

12 minutes ago, pocoboy said:

I was listening to a "popular" radio show's interview with Eric Wood on the way to work today. I got about 5 minutes in and I said to myself, "Why TF am I doing this to myself???"

I put on "The Nightfly" and grooved out. I need to put this team away for awhile, maybe weeks. Maybe draft time. Maybe free agent signings will help.

Maybe I would feel a little better about this if it wasn't the same humdrum BS from our coaches no matter what. Come on McDermott, I want to see you in emotional pain over this. I want to be convinced you're hurting as much as we are. And I'm not. I'm not sure you don't think you made every right call, and it's just the football gods have it in for us. Or maybe there's a better way, but you're way too sold on yourself to ever admit it.

There, I wound myself up again. Try to escape, and the Black Hole of the Buffalo Bills history sucks you right back in...

14 minutes ago, pocoboy said:

I mirror your pain.

• pocoboy changed the title to Trying To Forget Sunday, Day 2..
1 hour ago, PetermansRedemption said:

I haven’t watched NFL network or the local news. Going to give it about a week before I do that to myself. I was watching CNBC yesterday for market news and Jim Cramer was re-hashing the Bills/Chiefs. I was like “really, I can’t even escape it here?”  

I feel the same. Anything football related is just painful because we should be there.  The only thing I'm doing this week is placing my Fan Duel bets, because winning money helps cure the ills.

1 hour ago, Udubalum07 said:

Still too raw for me. This one hurt bad. Don't know if I can watch the kc game this week. A little torn though Being a Wyoming guy, I want to see Logan Wilson, but it's going to be hard watching the chiefs.

I hear u mate But don't allow the chiefs to steal your enjoyment for watching a game. Unless it turns into a blowout ....I draw the line there. Because in my heart I think the Bills would have been as successful as the I suspect the chiefs will be. And if by some miracle Cincinnati makes a game of it and wins OH HAPPY DAY...haha

m

Yeah - this one is tough. MUCH tougher than last year, where I didn't have the same expectations.

I forgot about this.  The drought was awful, but losing in the playoffs is a special kind of pain, especially when your team really has a shot.

But only one team wins every year.  Today is a little better than yesterday.  And I'm consoling myself w/ the idea that we have Josh Effing Allen for a long time into the future, and will be in the mix the whole time we have him.

• Like (+1) 1

There's a lot of 'what if' or 'coulda, woulda, shoulda' running through my mind these past two days. I usually have these thoughts after only a few hours of a soul crushing defeat. But this one still lingers in my mind. That tells you how effed up this game is. Allen led his team to a victory TWO TIMES!. It took hard, determined work of major stupidity by McD and Frazier to screw it up and these two morons succeeded.

1 minute ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Yeah I've moved away from the NFL now, working, watching some Ozark, reading my books, moving onto to other sports. Don't need the BS, might be able to turn it on game time Sunday...maybe not 

Yeah, I been trying to keep busy etc, but still pops in my head here and there no matter what. Kinda similar to the feeling of getting your heart broken by that 1st girl you were so in love with LOL.

Hard core punch in the gut for sure

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

While I'm still here, and yes listened to 1-2 podcasts (love Bill Simmons and a lot on The Ringer), I have plenty of Netflix, Crave (Canada's bundling HBO, Showtime & others) & taped shows to keep me preoccupied.

I however will forever blame fundamental simple coaching for screwing up the final 13 seconds (OT, couldn't care less😜).

Funny MCM, it was not so much about the kick (the fact they could have bleeded the clock to 0 to kick it) or the terrible kick or the forward lateral.  I still am just as incensed that Rob Johnson played that game, was terrible and that Ralph Wilson made the call for him to play (I have absolved Wade Phillips of making that decision).

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.