With the 25th Pick in the 2022 NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills select...

Mark Vader

Just now, BADOLBILZ said:

Your 1 tech isn't a nose tackle........he still needs to be able to make plays...........Davis doesn't do that.

His 2021 production was pretty anemic actually.

14 games 32 tackles 5 TFL and 2 sacks

Harrison Phillips senior year line at Stanford:

14 games 98 tackles 17 TFL and 7.5 sacks

Phillips is a true 1 tech who is coming into his own now............they need a backup to him but they don't need to use a first round pick there.

Support the QB.........Allen can't endure the kind of beating he took running the ball that much year after year...........he needs playmakers and blocking and those take HUGE precedence over a filling a run defense role.

Eh Davis only played 45% of defensive snaps because Georgia had so many freaks on that line, so using counting stats is not the proper way to grade him at all.

2 hours ago, Pete said:

CB, DL, Big Nickel, TE, C/G, WR, RB, P- Lets get Josh some new toys, and fix pass rush and defense

I didn't want to say the quiet part out loud coming into this week. With Tre out, I was thinking that for this game having JOK over Groot would have been nice.

Really hoping Groot pans out. Basham has had some good moments. Oliver is becoming a  real player teams need to account for. Philips is becoming a good piece. 

Having JOK out there would have been nice with Kelce...

Just now, Solomon Grundy said:

My problem is that the Broncos were shopping Kyle Fuller at the deadline and Beane stood pat. A former All Pro 2 years ago. Not sure of the compensation, but I would’ve given up at least a 3rd for him. 

Understandable. I think Levi and Dane Jackson did good for most of the year, but athletically they do not match up well against the Kelce’s and Hill’s of the world. I’m not sure what Kyle Fuller’s contract is like or if that played a role in it, but it’s possible.

Just now, Bill from NYC said:

It is supposed to be not such a great year for corners, so let's draft the 6th or 7th rated corner out there and make him a multi-millionaire!!!

Pretty sure it's actually a very good DB class especially for 4-7 that will have first round grades on them.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

I didn't want to say the quiet part out loud coming into this week. With Tre out, I was thinking that for this game having JOK over Groot would have been nice.

Really hoping Groot pans out. Basham has had some good moments. Oliver is becoming a  real player teams need to account for. Philips is becoming a good piece. 

Having JOK out there would have been nice with Kelce...

They could’ve just played Siran Neal. They didn’t 

17 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Allen doesn't take all that many hits...he was among the least sacked QBs in the NFL, so that eliminates a lot of hits on him and most times he is delivering the blows rather than receiving them. He also does a good job of getting down when needed and running out of bounds.

He isn't Newton standing back there and getting hammered on many dropbacks.

We have an absolute STUD of a gunslinger. Strongest arm in the league. Great pocket presence and the ability to scramble to extend plays or get firsts……. Kinda like Mahomes.

Sell me on continuing to have him be our running game behind a mediocre O line vs actually HAVING a running game like say ….. um, er….  the Chiefs. Actually, don’t waste my time because I’m not buying.

Protecting Josh and having a running game is the hill I’m gonna die on. 
    The moment he effs up a shoulder or a knee and he is 75% of himself is the day this whole board will be pissing and moaning about the good ol days of healthy/young Josh. Have some foresight.

2 minutes ago, SACTOBILLSFAN said:

Eh Davis only played 45% of defensive snaps because Georgia had so many freaks on that line, so using counting stats is not the proper way to grade him at all.

No......Eh.......I watched him plenty and in particular he got worn down FAST in the first matchup with Alabama..........more snaps was only going to lead to diminishing returns statistically.        

Now if he were a natural pass rushing prospect in addition to being a fat load..........then I would consider risking giving a very overweight player at a position with a very high bust rate a $7M signing bonus..........but he's not that kind of player.    

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, FlaFitz1 said:

Daniel Jeremiah has the Bills selecting Kyler Gordon

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/kyler-gordon

That makes a lot of sense because Wallace is a UFA

I just looked through a number of mock drafts that came out today and this is what I found:

DJ - CB Kyler Gordon, Univ of Washington

CBS - CB Daxton Hill, Michigan

PFF - CB Andrew Booth, Clemson

Sporting News - CB Trent McDuffie, Univ of Washington

College Football News - CB Kaiir Elam, Florida

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Support the QB.........Allen can't endure the kind of beating he took running the ball that much year after year...........he needs playmakers and blocking and those take HUGE precedence over a filling a run defense role.

Thank you for this.

Many disagree (and I'm not sure why) but I think that Allen is so flat out great that he makes most of the offensive players around him look much better than they would with a human quarterback. The man is a generational talent who needs more weapons and better protection. At this point I think that he has at least as much a talent as John Elway and even more raw ability that Trevor Lawrence. Seriously.  Why consider anything else in the early rounds after the resources that we have recently devoted to the defense?

If I was Josh Allen and they drafted a first round corner I would be furious and feel alienated.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Bill from NYC said:

Thank you for this.

Many disagree (and I'm not sure why) but I think that Allen is so flat out great that he makes most of the offensive players around him look much better than they would with a human quarterback. The man is a generational talent who needs more weapons and better protection. At this point I think that he has at least as much a talent as John Elway and even more raw ability that Trevor Lawrence. Seriously.  Why consider anything else in the early rounds after the resources that we have recently devoted to the defense?

If I was Josh Allen and they drafted a first round corner I would be furious and feel alienated.

Not to mention THEY INVESTED A QUARTER-BILLION DOLLARS IN HIM.  If that was your money at risk, wouldn't you take steps to protect it?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 13 Second Prevent Defense said:

Agree, but there will be some other holes, on DL, Obada, Phillips, Butler, Hughes and Addison are FA's.

Gotta see how Free Agency falls out.  If you can find a Debo Samuel-ish guy that would be awesome in this offense.

Like Cordarelle Patterson on Beasley’s contract?

DL a thought hit me, Bills we’re getting some pressure but Mahomes would move, scramble, extend. Bills needed a lineman with plus straight line speed to make him focus less on what’s going on downfield while coasting along, and more on trying not to get buried. Someone like… Justin Zimmer?

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Not to mention THEY INVESTED A QUARTER-BILLION DOLLARS IN HIM.  If that was your money at risk, wouldn't you take steps to protect it?

Coach, the man went out in the Arctic Tundra last week and did all that could be expected of a quarterback x10. He IS the franchise so yes, they should do everything possible to help and protect him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

A fast CB who can play man to man coverage.

Last year vs KC, the problem was: no pass rush and too slow in the secondary. Fast forward to this year and the problem is.... the same. With all the investment in the DL they didn't really improve much and the secondary is as slow as ever.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.