Divisional Round: Buffalo at KC Sunday at 6:30

Process

56 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Peyton manning was 8 years in until he won a SB with the colts but everyone knew that it was coming because he was special. That’s how i feel about Allen. 

Allen figured out Belichick a LOT sooner than Manning did.

Those first few playoff appearances PM had against the Pats were rough.

• Like (+1) 3

20 hours ago, smuvtalker said:

I'm glad you brought this up, because this is something that has basically sat in the back of my mind for quite a long time now, dating back to very early in the season, I can't remember which game, but a defensive coordinator I believe even went as far as to say something along the lines of, "if Allen wants to keep running the ball the way he does, we're gonna treat him like a runner", insinuating that if given the chance they were gonna hit him and hit him hard.  I know for a fact many defensive players have taken issue with Allen and his rushing abilities and his reluctance to slide/run out of bounds.  I spent a great majority of the 1st half of the season in fear for Allen's safety, and literally held my breath every time he took off with the rock. 

But as the season progressed, and really only until a few weeks ago did I realize something.  I mentioned this earlier in the thread, or perhaps in another thread, as much as Allen has developed his game as a passer, he's done the same as a runner.   He is making much smarter decisions on when to tuck it and run, he's taking much better angles now, making him an even harder target to hit, combine that with his deceptive speed and long strides, and his runs now more than ever are simply back-breaking to the defense.  You simply cannot gameplan for what Allen can do to you when adding his rushing element.  And now that he is improving on what seems to be a week to week basis, defenders are going to have a hard enough time just bringing him down before a 40 or 50 yard gain, the last thing they have time for is trying to make ESPN's top plays by laying Josh out.  And I agree with you 100%, there is most definitely some jealousy, some anger, and plenty of frustration with some of the defensive players out there...but because of the unique running skillset Allen is bringing now on a weekly basis, there simply isn't an opportunity for one of them to cheap shot or intentionally hurt Allen unless it was BLATANTLY long after the whistle, in which we're talking not just a flag, but ejection/suspension and hefty fines.  

I love the perspective you provide here regarding Allen and his maturation as a QB and knowing how to play better ALL aspects of his game. From his rookie year we have all seen tremendous growth in all areas that is certain.

The uproar if someone would cheap shot Allen would mark that player as a punk*** , forget the fines and suspensions. His name would be dirt across the league. a good example of that kind of guy is kiko alonzo imo

Edited by muppy

21 hours ago, smuvtalker said:

I'm glad you brought this up, because this is something that has basically sat in the back of my mind for quite a long time now, dating back to very early in the season, I can't remember which game, but a defensive coordinator I believe even went as far as to say something along the lines of, "if Allen wants to keep running the ball the way he does, we're gonna treat him like a runner", insinuating that if given the chance they were gonna hit him and hit him hard.  I know for a fact many defensive players have taken issue with Allen and his rushing abilities and his reluctance to slide/run out of bounds.  I spent a great majority of the 1st half of the season in fear for Allen's safety, and literally held my breath every time he took off with the rock. 

But as the season progressed, and really only until a few weeks ago did I realize something.  I mentioned this earlier in the thread, or perhaps in another thread, as much as Allen has developed his game as a passer, he's done the same as a runner.   He is making much smarter decisions on when to tuck it and run, he's taking much better angles now, making him an even harder target to hit, combine that with his deceptive speed and long strides, and his runs now more than ever are simply back-breaking to the defense.  You simply cannot gameplan for what Allen can do to you when adding his rushing element.  And now that he is improving on what seems to be a week to week basis, defenders are going to have a hard enough time just bringing him down before a 40 or 50 yard gain, the last thing they have time for is trying to make ESPN's top plays by laying Josh out.  And I agree with you 100%, there is most definitely some jealousy, some anger, and plenty of frustration with some of the defensive players out there...but because of the unique running skillset Allen is bringing now on a weekly basis, there simply isn't an opportunity for one of them to cheap shot or intentionally hurt Allen unless it was BLATANTLY long after the whistle, in which we're talking not just a flag, but ejection/suspension and hefty fines.  

I agree, and I think that not only has Allen learned and developed but Daboll has as well.  For a while, it seemed like he wanted to be careful with Allen and not run him as much but now he is running him smartly...with purpose.  I forgot where I saw it and who was doing the analysis (Chris Simms, maybe) but this week there was an analysis of Allen and what his run game does for him.  He said that Allen should run the ball at least once in the first 15 plays because it seems to get him going.  In that Patriots games the early runs also got in the Pats defensive players' heads.  Then, there were plays that build on that.  Singletary or McKenzie would go one way, but Allen would fake going the other way.  It would freeze the middle linebackers and even Judon on the edge.  That momentary freeze would allow the runner to get around him.  Even in the passing game the threat of the Allen run was being used to manipulate defenders, so just a few effective runs by Allen had a huge impact on a lot of what Buffalo did.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

I dont take stock in that stuff but I dont mind reading and posting it.

However, Cynthia Frelund is 178-94-1 in the regular season and she does pretty well each year.  She is also 4-2 in wildcard round.

Not that it matters, but how is she 178-94-1?

You either pick right, or you don't. If there is an actual tie (and you picked something else), you picked wrong imo. So she should be just 178-95.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.