Divisional Round: Buffalo at KC Sunday at 6:30

Process

11 minutes ago, Process said:

That suits KC more than us - Spagnola likes his CBs to play handsy, it worked out for the Chiefs in last years’ matchups.  Bills need to figure out ways to get our receivers free releases off the line.  Chiefs will try to play press-and-pressure, disrupt Allen’s timing while wrecking his pocket.  Gotta be ready to counter that.

15 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

Most see next Sunday night as pretty much a 50-50 proposition. For sure it’s the biggest matchup of the playoffs so far and a treat for all football fans. To me it could well boil down to how well the Chiefs D-line is able to play, Frank Clark, Jarron Reed, and esp Chris Jones. If they are unable to bring big pressure on Allen the percentages swing big time 70-30 in Bills favour. 

Agree with this but is the inverse true?  If they can generate pressure with their front four and press/mug the Bills’ receivers, do the odds tilt 70/30 their way?

Edited by Coach Tuesday

4 minutes ago, TH3 said:

Just spent a couple minutes at the Chiefs fan forum….The pats posters are smug and confident….those guys just seem like a bunch of trash….

If their message board is a good representation of their fanbase, they are the dumbest and most pathetic fans in sports. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

🤔

Hahaha.  “And No it does matter”. Can’t even s*** on his own team properly. 

7 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

Hussy Ref crew.....fewest PI penalties called in the nfl this season.

Getting the excuses ready!  

well done

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Hahaha.  “And No it does matter”. Can’t even s*** on his own team properly. 

Getting the excuses ready!  

well done

I didn't quote that because I think KC is going to get jobbed by the refs...putting it here because Bills fans believe KC should get flagged more for physical DB play as in the game last year.

14 minutes ago, TH3 said:

Just spent a couple minutes at the Chiefs fan forum….The pats posters are smug and confident….those guys just seem like a bunch of trash….

i spent about 3 minutes there and it was all I could stomach.   Couldn’t tell if it was a fan board for just high schoolers or if the average poster there is just stupid.

Edited by bills6969

Weather forecast for KC next Sunday:  Daytime high in low 40s under partly cloudy skies.  Winds 10 to 15 mph.  I don't know that there's been a prediction of game time temps, but I would guess it will start in the mid to upper 30s and end up close to freezing.  Balmy compared to what the Bills just dealt with.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Process said:

If their message board is a good representation of their fanbase, they are the dumbest and most pathetic fans in sports. 

I've been to boards all over the internet.  I definitely like checking the boards of our opponents before & after games.  Most are pretty standard, and you see the same kind of discussion we see here, give or take.

That KC board is toxicity personified. It is so far in the gutter - it's like 10 levels below other boards.  Just a rancid collection of spite, anger, arrogance & immaturity.  I won't even go there now; I like to keep my thoughts positive.

• Agree 4

Just now, Zerovoltz said:

I didn't quote that because I think KC is going to get jobbed by the refs...putting it here because Bills fans believe KC should get flagged more for physical DB play as in the game last year.

I know….. if KC happens to win and the chiefs hold our WRs all game like they did last year, you’ll have your clap back when bills fans complain about it:  “that’s great coaching, part of the game plan.  Spags told the DBs to play physical because they knew the refs rarely throw PI flags”.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

That suits KC more than us - Spagnola likes his CBs to play handsy, it worked out for the Chiefs in last years’ matchups.  Bills need to figure out ways to get our receivers free releases off the line.  Chiefs will try to play press-and-pressure, disrupt Allen’s timing while wrecking his pocket.  Gotta be ready to counter that.

Agree with this but is the inverse true?  If they can generate pressure with their front four and press/mug the Bills’ receivers, do the odds tilt 70/30 their way?

Not imo. The strength of the NE D is/was their secondary. Its better than the Chiefs’. Allen/Dabol dismantled it. So advantage Bills. Plus there are guys there to pick on ie Sorensen. So if the Chiefs front plays well, which they are doing now, I think it’s still pretty equal. If our O-line is again up to it Allen and Daboll will do to KC what they did to NE, so between 40-50 points. Give Allen that kind of time and he’s unbeatable. I’m really interested to see what Spags comes up with.

5 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

Please. I guess you didnt see all the uncalled Chief holds against Steelers. At home at Arrowhead the refs should be the Bills’ concern.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

They were saving Diggs. Love that our WRs will actually be healthy in playoffs this year. Last year vs chiefs Diggs was playing with torn oblique, brown with an injured foot/knee, Beasley with a broken leg, and Davis with a sprained ankle 

100%, love that we were able to lessen the workload for Diggs and some of the starters this past weekend. Same thing with the defensive line rotation all season, you would have to think our d-line guys have more tread on the tires than most around the NFL.

And great point about the WR health compared to 2020. Plus not only are we healthier, but we upgraded from John Brown to Sanders and Davis/Knox/McKenzie all took that next step. A significant increase in offensive firepower compared to the 2020 Bills. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I know….. if KC happens to win and the chiefs hold our WRs all game like they did last year, you’ll have your clap back when bills fans complain about it:  “that’s great coaching, part of the game plan.  Spags told the DBs to play physical because they knew the refs rarely throw PI flags”.

...ah....ok....I understand what you meant now.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Mango said:

Historically in playoff rematches, the team that won in regular season also wins in the playoffs. So maybe it is good that KC beat Pittsburgh? 

I will regroup on this in a week or so. 

That’s great for us!  Let’s go Buffalo!

31 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I don’t think it’s more advantageous to KC. Bills are a passing offense like the Chiefs and ticky tack calls would hurt the Bills defense. Seems like Husseys crew calls the actual penalties and doesn’t try to put “ his stamp “ on the game. Call it the same way for both sides and let them play. I d say most Bills fans would be good with that. 

• Like (+1) 3

37 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I think actually having our receivers healthy for this game will counteract much of the "mugging" that went on last year.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

KC is healthier and better than when we first played them, but our offense was all sputters and glops back then.  It was getting the job done, but nothing looked right to me.  

Today, I can't imagine a better tuned offense, and I am loving watching Singletary play more and more.  Great vision and patience!

I like our chances... a lot

• Like (+1) 2

Wilbon (PTI) completely dumping on Josh Allen. 

“Just because he was great two days ago doesn’t mean he’ll be great next week”

”Now Josh Allen and the Bills are so great, ehhh, let’s not overreact”

It blows my mind, Allen has the weirdest dudes who won’t recognize how good he is.  

Meanwhile, other guys like Chris Simms wonder if Josh Allen is THE best player in the NFL.  

The polarization is crazy.  What it tells me is he needs to dethrone Mahomes to win over the last of the detractors. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Wilbon (PTI) completely dumping on Josh Allen. 

“Just because he was great two days ago doesn’t mean he’ll be great next week”

”Now Josh Allen and the Bills are so great, ehhh, maybe, let’s not overreact”

It blows my mind, Allen has the weirdest dudes who won’t recognize how good he is.  

Guess he just needs to keep proving them wrong.  

It is head scratching how there is this group of NFL "experts" and ex players that just crap all over Allen. It's weird but I suspect goes back to what these people said about Allen's prospects leading up to and after the 2018 draft.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.