Is McDermott in Belicheck’s head?

Royale with Cheese

The handshake looked weird - it looked like McD wanted to talk longer, but Belichick was basically running away after a quick "good game" kind of exchange.

For the 1st time, I felt like the game is passing BB by.  He had no answer or adjustment last night.  Same thing happened w/ Shula in the '90's.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Success said:

The handshake looked weird - it looked like McD wanted to talk longer, but Belichick was basically running away after a quick "good game" kind of exchange.

For the 1st time, I felt like the game is passing BB by.  He had no answer or adjustment last night.  Same thing happened w/ Shula in the '90's.

typical Grumbling BB

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, MJS said:

That annoyed me so much. Every time they mentioned the Pats defense, they were like "they have the 2nd ranked defense". And don't you think it would be good to mention that they are 2nd to the other team on the field!?

This Bills defense does not get the credit it deserves.

Hyde's interception on the Pats drive was as good an interception as you will ever see.  He and Poyer have had all pro years!

And Harrison Phillips has become a dominating force on our defense.  Does anyone remember the tackle he made chasing down Stevenson on a screen late in the game?  The outcome was long since decided.  But he chase Stevenson down from behind in an amazing effort play.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

Given Belichick's reputation as a defensive genius when it counts, the fact that, against his defense, the Bills handed him the largest margin of defeat in his playoff history - and became the first NFL team to not punt, kick a field goal, or turn the ball over....

I'd say a few thoughts are probably occupying his sinister little mind this morning....

Walking off the field I think Belichick was finally realizing his DC sucks, but how can he fire his son?  *and I'm being serious, not joking*

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

So unless a movie is cheery it's not good? Okay then. :thumbsup:

We'll, when it comes to superhero movies it should be like a rollercoaster.

A bit of danger, plenty of thrills, and a fun ending with some cool music. 

That movie was one depressing thing after another. I fully expected someone to say "oh, and all the kittens in the world were killed too" just because.

But I get a lot of people liked it for some reason. 

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

So unless a movie is cheery it's not good? Okay then. :thumbsup:

if a movie isn’t entertaining, or at least thought provoking, then it’s not good.  The list of X-men movies from best to worst:

1.  All the other ones 

99. Logan

10 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

if a movie isn’t entertaining, or at least thought provoking, then it’s not good.  The list of X-men movies from best to worst:

1.  All the other ones 

99. Logan

Feels like people are mixing up "X-men Origins Wolverine" with "Logan".

4 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Belichick thinking during last night's game:

"I wonder if there are any decent house rentals close to MetLife Stadium?"

WTH is wrong with you, Ridge? Do you not know how to start a 'Caption This' thread? :devil:

"At least I'll have my 'Billdo' to keep me warm tonight."

3 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Walking off the field I think Belichick was finally realizing his DC sucks, but how can he fire his son?  *and I'm being serious, not joking*

How difficult could it be to have to fire 'Joe Dirt'?

Edited by ExWNYer
  • Haha (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Doc said:

Is Steve Belicheat really their DC?

In title he is.

Poor Josh McDanials is thinking eventually if I become head coach I'm going to inherit this guy, will have to keep him one season before I can fire him, unless BB becomes GM, then still may not be able to get rid of the albatross.

1 hour ago, JDubya76 said:

He’s the DC and In-game Director of weird meth head faces.

17 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

In title he is.

Poor Josh McDanials is thinking eventually if I become head coach I'm going to inherit this guy, will have to keep him one season before I can fire him, unless BB becomes GM, then still may not be able to get rid of the albatross.

On patriots.com, he’s listed at the outside linebacker coach only. I would figure that Matt Patricia would be the defensive coordinator.

5 hours ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

The Bills are in his heads - the ownage was manifested 12/28/20, when Belichick angrily threw his phone on MNF in the midst of a b*tch slapping by the Bills. 

Think back to the MNF game this year....when's the last time you saw ManBoobs act giddy after a regular season win?  

I agree about his reaction after the MNF game.  That said to me he saw winning in Buffalo under hostile conditions as Mission Impossible 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Success said:

He didn't like it when the Bills kept throwing it and scored another TD after basically waving the white flag when he punted the ball.  He doesn't like it when it is done to him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Success said:

There isn't always an answer. Only so much you can change in the middle of the game. They went from zone to man, neither worked, benched one CB, nothing changed. Talent usually stands out, we have more. The only reason people, me included, thought this game would be close was Belichick.  But in the end, he didn't matter.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

Given Belichick's reputation as a defensive genius when it counts, the fact that, against his defense, the Bills handed him the largest margin of defeat in his playoff history - and became the first NFL team to not punt, kick a field goal, or turn the ball over....

I'd say a few thoughts are probably occupying his sinister little mind this morning....

I believe the Bills also handed him his largest margin of defeat in the regular season back in 2003.  31-0.

5 hours ago, stowellez said:

What I couldn't understand about the talking heads picking the Pats* was their reasoning; the Pats vaunted defense.  It's good, for sure, but the Bills have the #1 defense in the NFL?!?  

It all boils down to this... they are conditioned to talking Pats football and the Pats have a big audience, at least for now.  It's just clickbait but in video format.  I wonder if it will continue next season or if they finally gave up and moved on.

5 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

CBS was unanimous Bills? 

True but there was a lot of Pats ball washing all week long.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Did Belicheat even shake McD hand at the end of the game. I didn’t watch the end, I ran outside with my beer and made snow angles.

Barely and Belichick snubbed McD walking away while McD was trying to say something to him.

4 hours ago, TN Bills Fan said:

He may have just decided that a game manager like Mac Jones won't do it against the Bills.  Can you say Deshawn Watson?

They don't have the picks to get Watson unless Belichick gets a favor and also mortgages everything.

4 hours ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Hyde's interception on the Pats drive was as good an interception as you will ever see.  He and Poyer have had all pro years!

And Harrison Phillips has become a dominating force on our defense.  Does anyone remember the tackle he made chasing down Stevenson on a screen late in the game?  The outcome was long since decided.  But he chase Stevenson down from behind in an amazing effort play.

That was some hustle.  I didn't think he was going to catch him.

41 minutes ago, Doc said:

On patriots.com, he’s listed at the outside linebacker coach only. I would figure that Matt Patricia would be the defensive coordinator.

Did Patricia come back?  He's not listed on their website at all.  Interesting they don't list a DC at all.  During the broadcast they called the son the DC.  Stevie boy is listed as the defensive play caller.

OK on another site does mention that Patricia is back but not as regular coach, doesn't state what he is doing??

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

No but Josh Allen is.

The last 3 games in non hurricane force winds the Bills have averaged 39.3 points, 461 yards of offense, and have punted a grand total of 2 times, with none in the last 2 games.

He literally has zero answers on what to do against Allen and he has tried pretty much everything. Nothing works 

Allen's performance against divisional opponents, especially the Patriots and Dolphins are often times otherworldly.

Edited by Big Turk

50 minutes ago, ChrisWatson#21 said:

He didn't like it when the Bills kept throwing it and scored another TD after basically waving the white flag when he punted the ball.  He doesn't like it when it is done to him.

I lost my sympathy for such things sitting through 56-10.  It’s not our job to stop our own offense. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.