Micah Hydes Interception

Awwufelloff

7 hours ago, Awwufelloff said:

Does anyone have a video of that? Watching that play live at the stadium everyone went quiet and couldn't believe he just did that...It deserves its own thread. Has to be one of the best INTS in playoff history.

this angle awesome

T

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, Turf Toejam 34 said:

Question---on Micah's long punt return, it looked like he was going to just let it bounce.   It seemed from the angle of live TV that Micah thought it hit a Bills player, then decided to field it......or, did Micah just see an opening in coverage?    

I am almost sure it hit the heel of a Bills player and bounced straight to Hyde. 
As another thread has already stated… all the bounces went Buffalo’s way last night. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Anyone notice him flip the ball at the Patriots bench? Yikes.

That pick happened right in front of me.  I missed him running down the Pats' sideline thereafter because I was so stunned that he caught the ball. From my perspective I could see him coming and I thought he would break up the pass or hit the receiver on contact.  I couldn't believe that he stole that ball, though.  Easily the defensive play of the year.  

• Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Maybe Someday said:

Unbelievable int. I thought it was a TD. I’ve never seen a DB take away a reception like that before. It totally took away all momentum as well. Once we scored again after that, it was all but over.  

I completely agree! That was a highlight reel INT. As I said before as a football fan I was like WOW AMAZING! As a Pats fan it was the first of many “what the bleep!!” Of the night.. IMO McDaniels went conservative after that.. which IMO was the opposite of what he should have done. (Next drive 3 straight runs when Jones had thrown rather well on drive one..) after that the wheels came completely off as well another TD.. (by the bills) 

That said even if the Pats O played as well as they could the best it would have done is MAYBE made the game more competitive.. (maybe 47-30 or something like that)

Jones as a rookie is nowhere near ready to go score for score with Allen at his best. He isn’t ready physically and he definitely doesn’t have the weapons to do it as well.  

but damn that Hyde pick was a thing of beauty.. (now will come the 3 Bills fans to tell me it wasn’t it was all on Jones weak arm. Sad they can’t even take a complement to their best D player right now..)

• Vomit 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Hyde literally came out of nowhere on the TV screen. it was shocking. at first i thought the NE guy caught it.  Then i thought the ball must’ve been knocked away somewhere out of bounds… only then realize the fans were going nuts because Hyde had it.  Amazing.

• Like (+1) 3

9 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

He came out of nowhere.  It looked like a certain td for NE. Probably the prettiest interception I've ever seen from a Bills player. My favorite play of the game along with Knox's first td.

Steve Smith on NFL Network was blaming the WR for not coming back to it, but think he too was so surprised as never saw Hyde coming so felt not a need to come back towards it.

43 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

I completely agree! That was a highlight reel INT. As I said before as a football fan I was like WOW AMAZING! As a Pats fan it was the first of many “what the bleep!!” Of the night.. IMO McDaniels went conservative after that.. which IMO was the opposite of what he should have done. (Next drive 3 straight runs when Jones had thrown rather well on drive one..) after that the wheels came completely off as well another TD.. (by the bills) 

That said even if the Pats O played as well as they could the best it would have done is MAYBE made the game more competitive.. (maybe 47-30 or something like that)

Jones as a rookie is nowhere near ready to go score for score with Allen at his best. He isn’t ready physically and he definitely doesn’t have the weapons to do it as well.  

but damn that Hyde pick was a thing of beauty.. (now will come the 3 Bills fans to tell me it wasn’t it was all on Jones weak arm. Sad they can’t even take a complement to their best D player right now..)

It wasn’t on Jones.  The ball did flutter mid flight - exactly how the diggs drop in the MNF game fluttered.  The laces showed near the peak of the throw on both balls. It lives the diggs ball and probably slowed the agholor ball just enough to let Hyde get there.  Both plays were right in front of me.

• Like (+1) 1

The physical aspects of the play are unbelievable but for me it was another example of his ability to dial in mentally. I think that’s why he’s fielding punts and covering when on-sides kicks are coming and why he makes plays in big situations. He may be the most consistently dialed member of them along with Diggs. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

It truly was one of the best INTs I've seen. 99% of us expected a damn Cheat TD and instead Hyde comes and takes it. Amazing.

Very similar to how Johnson stepped in front of Lamar's pass and ran it back last year in the Divisional round.   Very similar momentum changing play!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.