Dolphins fire Brian Flores

YoloinOhio

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

Bummer since we owned him, and I could see them pursuing Daboll (regardless of Harbaugh rumors).

But HC turnover every 3 years is never good either, so I'm fine with the Miami tire fire still burning.

Daboll was the OC there several years ago and was not good. But you never know. Harbaugh won’t be going there. 

10 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

What coach said that the NFL stands for Not For Long.

The lack of patience by some owners is amazing.  I don't know that Flores will be a good HC someday but his W-L record ought to be evaluated against the players he has.  His rosters haven't been overflowing with talent.  

Jerry Glanville

16 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

After they finish the season winning 8 of 9 with TUA? This is a stupid move. 

Exactly ! Hey let's bring in another entirely different staff change the scheme & see how good this guy does with his 3rd different coordinator 🙄

But hey that means they won't be very good again next season so keep up the good work Fins ownership ...

5 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Saban has done ok

I would argue college is a totally different animal. The stuff that gets these BB disciples into trouble in the NFL works in college. 

8 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Even thought he never coached for the Pats, Vrabel attributes a lot of his success to playing under Belechick for so long and learning from him. I'd at least give partial credit for that one. 

Haha— you are too generous. Vrabel gives out a lot of credit, including to his time with the Steelers too. The fact that when he started, he built his staff with ex-Steelers, suggests to me that the NE influence is less or at least tempered. 

The reality is Vrabel doesn’t seem to coach in any way or manner like Bellichick or the other former NE coaches— who seem to try to rule with an iron fist. Maybe he learned in NE also what not to do.

• Disagree 1

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I would argue college is a totally different animal. The stuff that gets these BB disciples into trouble in the NFL works in college. 

Haha— you are too generous. Vrabel gives out a lot of credit, including to his time with the Steelers too. The fact that when he started, he built his staff with ex-Steelers, suggests to me that the NE influence is less or at least tempered. 

The reality is Vrabel doesn’t seem to coach in any way or manner like Bellichick or the other former NE coaches— who seem to try to rule with an iron fist. Maybe he learned in NE also what not to do.

To say he's was not impacted by his time with NE and BB is just not correct -sorry.

I just believe he was terrible at making relationships.  He screwed up the situation last year with Fitz and then left Tua out to dry through the trade deadline.

I have to believe Tua is thrilled he is gone.

I could see him going to Houston, but he seems to me exactly like Bill O’Brien type coach - so we will see what happens.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.