Dolphins fire Brian Flores

YoloinOhio

I’m torn. Flores could never figure out how to beat the Bills/Allen but could beat the pats and win just enough to stay mediocre so I kind of hoped he would stick around with Tua. On the other hand, more upheaval in scheme with them and another HC change, gotta love the instability down there 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I believe his coaching tree has a 0% success rate.

The patriot way isn’t something that can be replicated outside of BB and New England. I actually don’t think BB could replicate it himself elsewhere. It only worked because Brady helped generate very early success. 

Even thought he never coached for the Pats, Vrabel attributes a lot of his success to playing under Belechick for so long and learning from him. I'd at least give partial credit for that one. 

3 minutes ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

Bold move to fire Flores but keep Chris Grier who has not drafted well (Austin Jackson, Noah Igbinoghene, Tua over Herbert, etc.) and handed out some big FA deals that haven't panned out (Shaq Lawson, Kyle Van Noy, Byron Jones to an extent). 

Those 3 players were all 1st round picks in the draft that was supposed to turn them around.  Jackson - a LT who has since moved to G and isn't even good at that.  Igbinoghene - a hybrid inside-out corner when you already had 2 of the highest paid corners in the league, and Tua - Honestly he is fine, and gets too much crap because of who was picked after him.  

They still need wholesale Oline changes, they're going to bring in a suspected serial rapist at QB, and the defense is still rather overrated.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m torn. Flores could never figure out how to beat the Bills/Allen but could beat the pats and win just enough to stay mediocre so I kind of hoped he would stick around with Tua. On the other hand, more upheaval in scheme with them and another HC change, gotta love the instability down there 

The Patriots have always had fits against the Dolphins for some reason.

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I believe his coaching tree has a 0% success rate.

The patriot way isn’t something that can be replicated outside of BB and New England. I actually don’t think BB could replicate it himself elsewhere. It only worked because Brady helped generate very early success. 

Saban has done ok

1 minute ago, May Day 10 said:

The Patriots have always had fits against the Dolphins for some reason.

They have but the division doesn't run through them anymore. "It's over".

Flores had as much a clue on how to stop the Bills than I would have. 

I was wondering if he might get the can. Relatively disappointing season for them and there had been buzz dating back to last year now about him not getting along with the front office or Tua. I'm sure he'll land on his feet pretty quickly but just shows that there's more to being a coach than just being a good coach.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.