Dolphins fire Brian Flores

YoloinOhio

I was a Flores fan.

But we are all Bills fans…we all saw how literally lifeless the Dolphins were everytime they played Buffalo.

it is one thing to lose.  But those games…dolphins didn’t even show up.

You can’t have a head coach who is that bad at getting his team focused for big division games.

0-6 against Buffalo.  And I’m not sure a single one of them was close at all.

I do wonder if Flores was the hold up on the Watson deal…and only could keep his job if he made playoffs.

You don’t want Watson…fine.

but you better make the playoffs.

you didn’t make playoffs?!

We are changing course.

Edited by RalphWilson'sNewWar
  • Agree 1

What coach said that the NFL stands for "Not For Long"?

The lack of patience by some owners is amazing.  I don't know that Flores will be a good HC someday but his W-L record ought to be evaluated against the players he has.  His rosters haven't been overflowing with talent.  

Edited by hondo in seattle
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, 78thealltimegreat said:

He’s going to the Bears if anywhere he’s loyal to the Halas family for drafting him 

From what I have read the Raiders were the favorite. I don't see how they get rid of their coach now that he got them into the playoffs. 

• Disagree 1

I thought he did enough to save his job. Notice how the team played better after the trade deadline and the Watson media frenzy ended. 

I am betting on him getting another HC job this year or next. Not a great game day descision maker (but more HCs these days fall into that catagory IMO)...but had an untalented roster play above expectation for a 2nd time. 

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, stevewin said:

Bellicheat coaching tree

I believe his coaching tree has a 0% success rate.

The patriot way isn’t something that can be replicated outside of BB and New England. I actually don’t think BB could replicate it himself elsewhere. It only worked because Brady helped generate very early success. 

Just now, Nitro said:

This was a surprise but he was expected to build off last season.   He is a good coach so he will get a job soon.

Surprising no doubt. His team played hard for him after 1-7 start. They could've mailed it in but played tough instead. This team could give the Browns competition.

#factoryofsadnessSouth.....

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.