Where do you want the stadium?  

189 members have voted

1. 1. Stadium Location

• Orchard Park
    • Downtown Buffalo
  2. 2. Open Air or Dome

• Open Air
    • Dome
  3. 3. Most you'd pay for a PSL (Assuming lower level between the 30s). Prices would go lower incrementally from there

• 5-10k
    • 2.5-5k
    • 1-2k
    • 1k or less

Think about how flawed this stadium idea is. They asked fans, probably season ticket holders, if they want a dome or open air. I guess most said open air but covered seats.

How dumb is that? Why leave it up to the fans? They want covered seats. Now ask players around the league would they like the field covered or open? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

I am certainly no engineer, but wouldn't there be a way to partially cover the stadium to keep rain and snow off the spectators while designing the partial roof to prevent high winds from being common?  Could the partial covering and other stadium design features act as a sort of wind block?  The current stadium seems to do the exact opposite and enhance swirling high winds.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

PSE spokesman (can't remember his name) was on WGR talking about all this, and he said the fan survey they did clearly indicated a preference for an open air stadium.

I think we should remember that this board is a tiny minority of Bills fans. 

who got the fan survey, how many fans was it?  

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

1.)  Warm seats and warm environment for all home games.  The ability to wear one layer of clothing from august to January.

2.). Good site lines.

3.)  Sections with a no standing policy during the game.  Your not a part of the team.  You standing isn’t helping the team play better or disrupting the opponent and you are simply forcing everyone behind you to stand and ruing their experience.

Thank you!

The standing is the reason I can't go to the games anymore because I'm disabled and I can't stand for a very long time and when you ask somebody to sit down. You either get ignored or get some kind of rude jester or comment thrown your way. I would get a handicap seat but there are so few of them and so hard to get that I just don't even bother going.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

I am certainly no engineer, but wouldn't there be a way to partially cover the stadium to keep rain and snow off the spectators while designing the partial roof to prevent high winds from being common?  Could the partial covering and other stadium design features act as a sort of wind block?  The current stadium seems to do the exact opposite and enhance swirling high winds.

Think Texas Stadium 

• Like (+1) 2

When I was younger, I would have emphatically told you that I wanted an open air stadium with all the Buffalo elements that come with it.  Now that I'm on the back 9 of life and softened by years of living in warm weather climates, I wouldn't even consider attending a bad weather game if it wasn't in dome.  I love the in person gameday experience, but it just isn't worth the physical misery when you can watch from the comfort of your recliner next to your fireplace.

• Like (+1) 3

In a vacuum with no cost or logistics involved, I would say a Minnesota type indoor park with an outdoor feel, somewhere downtown, but I would probably choose a location further down 190 towards the Terminal or the elbows of the 90 there for more space and easier fan egress.

With everything taken into account though:

Location:  UB area.  Shared with UB.  Easy routes of egress, out of snow belt and away from lake.

Open air, but with many seats covered from rain.  Situated to mitigate the worst of the winds.

GREAT sitelines and seats close to the field.  As steep a grade in seats as code allows.  This is probably my #1 hope.

I would prefer closer to 70K-72K for seating.

I would happily pay $2.5-$5K if I had really decent seats for a PSL, spread across a payment plan.  For my cheap end zone seats, I would pay $1K probably.

I also hope they hold off the bells and whistles some of these other places have.  We lack the corporate clientele at these games.  Fans go there to watch the game and be involved in the game.  Not to sit in a fantasy football lounge or socialize in the concourse at different bars all game.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Thank you Virgil for this poll, it feels relevant and succinct. Something I can't say for many of the posts on this board (including my own...at least the succinct part). I've been a dome advocate for years so I'm hoping it's a dome and as for location, I'm good with either but since many seem to really like Orchard Park, and more importantly the ownership seem to feel that's best, I'm down for it. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, 947 said:

A retractable roof would be better than a dome. Only close it on the extreme days, like the Pats game or heavy rain.

If you've never seen an NFL game in a dome, it really sucks. The awesome game day atmosphere is gone, and the noise advantage takes a big hit. It seems so quiet at a game indoors.

I've been to plenty of indoor baseball, Tampa, Toronto specifically. They both are awful. Football in a dome seems similar. 

1.  Open air.  Roof like Miami coverage wise, slanted like Seattle to keep snow off.

2.  Orchard Park.  No downtown at all.  Extra cost and possible loss of tailgating.

Traffic?  Worst part of OP traffic is getting out of the stadium lots, more so this year with reduced number of attendants.  Getting out of lot 7 is a nightmare now.  Once you hit the main roads not a big deal.

3. PSL - have no interest in 5-10k.  Under 5k would be more palatable.  Especially upper deck.

• Agree 1

I wouldn't pay for a PSL & they can keep it where it is as far as i care i've been to a few games at this stadium & i never got why people complained so much other than them being Bills fans in general . 

I've been to Jerry world and was less than impressed with the amount of ego that was put into it the players walking through a bar just to get to the locker room & the people behind the bench can barely see the field so whats the sense .

Football is fast becoming more a status symbol than a football game it's the same as going "Camping" in a $50k camper that is better than the house i live in boy that's really roughing it !

Most people sit in the stands playing with their phones taking selfies & barely paying attention to the game them are the real football fans .

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

There is, and that is what they are proposing.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.