How confident are you about the Bills going into the playoffs?

Steptide

There's no doubt this team has been better since the Tampa game. The expectation early on was the 1 seed and another afc championship game or super bowl. I definitely think the bills are good enough to get back to the afc championship game, but I don't know if I have enough confidence in them to actually do it. I think the losses to the Steelers, jags, Colts and the first Patriots game definitely put some doubt in me. The inconsistency worries me. Even with the bills being 17(?) point favorites against the jets this week, those bad losses early on linger in my head. I'm just really hoping we get good matchups in the playoffs. I don't know if this team can beat the Colts with their running attack, or kc playing like they've been playing lately. We'll see. Go bills 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Not very.

The run defense is not consistent, nor is the run game. Josh was the most dependable aspect of the team until Sunday.

The whole team just seems to be on the edge this year - you can almost tell from the first series on O and D how the game is going to go.

I’m not sure they can string together three excellent games in all three phases to make the Super Bowl. To do so, they are going to need the other team to help by playing a subpar game. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

All of the teams seem very close this year.  A lot of good QB's, good defenses, good running games.

I feel good about the team - but it certainly doesn't feel like we're head & shoulders above everyone, or anyone.  Every game will be a fight.

But I'm confident that they're at least playing some of their best ball, and seem to have found their identity.  I doubt anyone wants to play the Bills.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

I’m confident that at our best we can beat any team put in front of us. I’m not confident that we will play at our best, but I like that we may just be peaking at the right time. Look at the Buc’s last year. Peak in the playoffs!!!

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I'm always confident the Bills are the better team and never out of it.

Execution and smart play calling, however is another thing.

When the Bills bring their “A” game, there is not another team in the AFC that I believe is better than them.  

Hence, if the Bills do not make it to the Super Bowl, it will be disappointing and I’m sure there will be lots to discuss as to why (O-Line & D-Line play, Turnovers, Play Calling, Game Management, Referees, Bad Weather,

etc.).

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

When the Bills bring their “A” game, there is not another team in the AFC that I believe is better than them.  

Hence, if the Bills do not make it to the Super Bowl, it will be disappointing and I’m sure there will be lots to discuss as to why (O-Line & D-Line play, Turnovers, Play Calling, Game Management, Referees, Bad Weather,

etc.).

I'd say the NFL....

• Agree 1

I think another important thing to consider is if McDermott has learned lessons from last years playoff run. He's definitely been more aggressive these last 3 or 4 games, but will it carry over into the playoffs? I just hope they stay aggressive. I feel like the play calling was a bit weak in the playoffs last year 

26 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

we’re gelling at the right time, especially in the trenches.  Plus, the loss of Tre White hasn’t proven to be disastrous at all.

A Super Bowl appearance wouldn’t surprise me one bit.  That said, neither would a first-round exit.

This is where I am

• Like (+1) 1

We have the pass happy teams like KC, bengals and chargers that supposedly the bills are built to beat, so I like these matchups

Then the run heavy teams like colts, titans and NE that the bills rush D has problems with, so hoping things can all fall right for the bills in the playoffs

I was hoping for them to be in better form than they currently are, unfortunately.

Of course, they might kick it into gear in the Jets game and stay there.

They also might get it going in the first playoff game and stay at that level as well.

So you never know.

I do wish we had been playing at a higher level--consistently--than we have been, however.

2 minutes ago, Bruce Smith said:

Not very confident.  I think we cannot stop run and our run game and OL are gonna cost us.  JA isnt enough

If JA isn't enough, forget everything else.

This team will go as far as he can carry us on his back.

BTW, that's how it works with ALL football teams.

It's all about the QB, all the time.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.