OT: Would you support a Buffalo spring football team?

PromoTheRobot

USFL is relaunching this spring and the XFL is supposed to restart in 2023. Both have discussed new cities. How would a spring football team do in Buffalo? 

These teams are mostly in warm weather cities. But since we don't care about bad weather in Buffalo, how would a team do here? 20K would be considered very good attendance. Do we love football (and tailgating) enough to do it in the spring too?

I don't live there, but I honestly think despite the size, they'd be able to support an MLB or NBA team too.

Yeah, I know they had an NBA team for a few years decades ago, & they tried to lure an MLB team, but they got screwed both times. At the very least, they'd put up better attendance numbers than the Marlins & Rays in my opinion lol

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, BigDingus said:

I don't live there, but I honestly think despite the size, they'd be able to support an MLB or NBA team too.

Yeah, I know they had an NBA team for a few years decades ago, & they tried to lure an MLB team, but they got screwed both times. At the very least, they'd put up better attendance numbers than the Marlins & Rays in my opinion lol

Financial support of pro sports teams these days is not about putting butts in seats.

WNY doesn't have anything close to the financial power to support major league sports teams in the 21st century.

It's a miracle we have what we have, and if they leave, they won't come back.

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

No.

I have zero interest in pro football leagues outside of the NFL.

That even includes the CFL, which I have nothing against...but I also have no interest in it.

I think a big part of the excitement of NFL season is knowing it's short and it doesn't exist most of the year.

Makes it more special--kind of like summer time when you live in WNY!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

No, the on field product with this type of leagues is just too weak for me. I know some people love it, because it gives an off season football fix, but I just can’t follow. D1 football always seems better quality than pro football leagues. The original USFL might be the only exception. 

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.