Dion Dawkins activated from Covid list

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Lets just hope his family is ok. 

eli Ankou isn’t bad tbh 

And Phillips has been stepping up!

Basham coming off a very good game playing majority inside 

Efe coming off a great game playing in n outside. 

Need these guys to step up.

I'd take Dawkins over Star all day!

Now we can throw Brown back to RT and Williams at RG. Dawkins upgrades 3 positions, LT,RT and RG.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I wonder if Star opted out. New covid rules allow high risk to opt out.

Too late.

3 hours ago, MasterStrategist said:

It's possible it's under consideration, but I'd think if that decision was made then he'd been moved to the non-injury list and free up a roster spot.

It's not possible. The deadline has passed.

4 hours ago, MasterStrategist said:

Disagree with this 100%, it's one thing if coming back from injury...another altogether if he tested positive and has had no symptoms/impact on conditioning.

How long has he been out.  Based on change in rules, he could have been back since early in the week, but wasn't. so that tells me he likely wasn't symptom free.

Injured players will start to at least practice with team before being cleared to play.  If on the Covid list, that's not possible.  So his only option to stay in game shape was working out at home.  Not exactly the same. Add in that he hasn't played like he's been 100% even when he was back.

2 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

How long has he been out.  Based on change in rules, he could have been back since early in the week, but wasn't. so that tells me he likely wasn't symptom free.

Injured players will start to at least practice with team before being cleared to play.  If on the Covid list, that's not possible.  So his only option to stay in game shape was working out at home.  Not exactly the same. Add in that he hasn't played like he's been 100% even when he was back.

We will see tomorrow.  Will stop back to discuss.

Hopefully, Dawkins didn't have severe symptoms and was able to work out all week on his own.  If he could do that then he won't necessarily struggle any more than he would normally.  Which is to say, he has struggled sometimes during the current season.  Still, if he can man the left tackle spot, that means the starting 5 on the Oline is 80% intact, as opposed only 20% of the starting 5 playing (center Mitch Morse)) at the spot which seems to work best for the team.

7 hours ago, transient said:

Hopefully, it's not something serious. However, if it's not actually something serious it's seriously starting to have a Vontae Davis vibe to it...

Vontae Davis vibe except he is not returning the money.

I was a supporter of Star but not now. I thought he came back in good shape but with all of the risk to him of getting COVID I am really surprised he did not get shots when he could have with doctors and medical staff around to manage the risk.  He has had far too many personal issues and had lots of time to handle those which are schedule based during offseason.

1 hour ago, Niagara Dude said:

Great news on Dawkins,  missing Star was expected and I think he is done with this team

I think team is done with him even if they make deep in playoffs and he wants to come back.

Availability is one of the most important attributes of football players.

15 hours ago, FireChans said:

Players don’t miss games for personal reasons usually unless someone died. So that’s enough.

So thats enough ?  Seriously ?

Star has been nothing but a huge disappointment, needs to be released and charged with "Theft of Service" . 

1 hour ago, Azucho98 said:

Beasley too??? 

I have tried to stay out of this, but I can't help but get the feeling that #11 Cole is trying to tweet his way out of Buffalo.  That would be too bad, if true.  Maybe he is just an excitable boy, but the constant poking of the issue and then making light of being out for such an important game, it doesn't add up any other way for me.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

I have tried to stay out of this, but I can't help but get the feeling that #11 Cole is trying to tweet his way out of Buffalo.  That would be too bad, if true.  Maybe he is just an excitable boy, but the constant poking of the issue and then making light of being out for such an important game, it doesn't add up any other way for me.

Tweeting his way out for expressing his opinion?  We all can't agree about everything....unfortunate that a lot of people can't see that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

Warren Zevon approves this label!

28 minutes ago, Azucho98 said:

Tweeting his way out for expressing his opinion?  We all can't agree about everything....unfortunate that a lot of people can't see that.

I think Coach McDermott said that the Bills were going to keep that "in house"?

8 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Vontae Davis vibe except he is not returning the money.

I was a supporter of Star but not now. I thought he came back in good shape but with all of the risk to him of getting COVID I am really surprised he did not get shots when he could have with doctors and medical staff around to manage the risk.  He has had far too many personal issues and had lots of time to handle those which are schedule based during offseason.

I think team is done with him even if they make deep in playoffs and he wants to come back.

Availability is one of the most important attributes of football players.

He has to know how important this game is to the team and yet is a no show.   The Bills gave him a 50 million dollar deal and he has been a major failure signing.  How do you think players on this team making far less money feel watching his actions? He got guaranteed money and then got lazy,  time to say goodbye even if the team needs to suck up the dead money next season.

19 hours ago, MasterStrategist said:

Disagree with this 100%, it's one thing if coming back from injury...another altogether if he tested positive and has had no symptoms/impact on conditioning.

19 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

Nope. If it's Dawkins just back vs. Bobby Hart, Dawkins will start.

19 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Did you watch Spencer Brown last week?

19 hours ago, Big Turk said:

No time for that. Season might be on the line, he is playing.

Fellas, you were saying?

Look, it's not what I wanted as well....but I simply raised the thought that perhaps he would be a reserve today. Hasn't practiced in a bit amd likely isn't fully ready to go. He may see some snaps (look for him in the tackle eligible role...perhaps even catching a pass). 

8 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Fellas, you were saying?

Look, it's not what I wanted as well....but I simply raised the thought that perhaps he would be a reserve today. Hasn't practiced in a bit amd likely isn't fully ready to go. He may see some snaps (look for him in the tackle eligible role...perhaps even catching a pass). 

Good call.  Be interesting to see his playing time, I'm surprised but trust the coaching staff

• Thank you (+1) 1