Is anyone enjoying this season?

Ethan in Cleveland

It’s been enjoyable, yes. The disappointing part for me is while we all know the o-line needs some improving in the off season, I feel like they could have played well enough to get the job done and allow the team to advance a couple rounds in the playoffs or even help get us a chance to win out and win the division. Now that 3 of them are down with Covid I don’t feel like we’ll get that opportunity barring a Christmas miracle 🎅 

2 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Sports is supposed to be our escape from the real world. It is supposed to be entertainment.  I'm finding it hard to find any joy in this season.  I have never been so dispassionate about games since I started watching in 1979.  Even throughout the drought years I would excited for every game.  I enjoyed the KC game and my trip to the Meadowlands.  Even the Tenn game brought some emotion.  The rest - virtually none.  Either the Bills were playing a QB that should be sweeping streets or they were getting run all over.  Now COVID is more likely to decide who wins the division than the players and coaches on the field.  

I'm tired of arguing about McD and Edmunds and every post about the refs. The COVID posts are exhausting.  I have been dealing with COVID issues from testing, treatment, to supply chain for masks for 22 months.  Sports and in particular Buffalo sports teams is supposed to be our respite, win or lose they at least evoked emotion.  Now I can't seem to find any.  Maybe that will change if Josh Allen can will this team to victory this weekend.  

Anyone else feeling similar? 

It's because you live in PORTLAND.....   Get the H*ll out of there and you will like watching Bills games again! 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Sports is supposed to be our escape from the real world. It is supposed to be entertainment.  I'm finding it hard to find any joy in this season.  I have never been so dispassionate about games since I started watching in 1979.  Even throughout the drought years I would excited for every game.  I enjoyed the KC game and my trip to the Meadowlands.  Even the Tenn game brought some emotion.  The rest - virtually none.  Either the Bills were playing a QB that should be sweeping streets or they were getting run all over.  Now COVID is more likely to decide who wins the division than the players and coaches on the field.  

I'm tired of arguing about McD and Edmunds and every post about the refs. The COVID posts are exhausting.  I have been dealing with COVID issues from testing, treatment, to supply chain for masks for 22 months.  Sports and in particular Buffalo sports teams is supposed to be our respite, win or lose they at least evoked emotion.  Now I can't seem to find any.  Maybe that will change if Josh Allen can will this team to victory this weekend.  

Anyone else feeling similar? 

I think there are a few things to unpack, here. 1) The Bills have been maddeningly inconsistent, which has been frustrating. They've certainly not met expectations... I'm feeling that 2) COVID has sucked the fun out of everything for going on 2 years, and now it's clearly m*********ing the NFL season (a season that may end up eating a year of the Bills window), in addition to all of everyone's other favorite pastimes... I'm with you on that, too 3) The commentary on the board content... that's not new, and I think #1 and #2 are making #3 more noticeable.

As far as the lack of emotion, I'm not sure what you do, but your reference to testing, treatment, and supply chain issues in your post is curious and can lead one to some inferences. Hopefully there are other things in life that bring you respite and joy, especially during the holiday season, especially during these trying times. Take care of yourself. Cheers!

• Like (+1) 1

Love the fact leagues are playing. From basketball, hockey to football. I am enjoying the heck out of this season. Especially watching the Bills play. 

Maybe the difference for me is I was able to watch Kyle Murray throw that Hail Mary to Hopkins and say " that was a damn good game". 

If I actually had a say in how we play, maybe it would be different. Since I don't, just kick back and enjoy.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Love the fact leagues are playing. From basketball, hockey to football. I am enjoying the heck out of this season. Especially watching the Bills play. 

Maybe the difference for me is I was able to watch Kyle Murray throw that Hail Mary to Hopkins and say " that was a damn good game". 

If I actually had a say in how we play, maybe it would be different. Since I don't, just kick back and enjoy.

That is an excellent example. I enjoyed the AZ game because both teams made plays and even in a loss the game brought joy.

This year there is no joy beating WFT or NYJ and the other no talent QBs. It's more just a feeling of relief they didn't lose like. It feels like this year the Bills are losing games instead of the other team winning the game. Sounds stupid but it is a different feeling when you lose a game because JA slips versus Hopkins making an all-time NFL history play to beat you.

• Like (+1) 2

I watch every second of all Bills games but as the season moves on I've started watching less of the other games. I used to watch Sun, Mon and Thurs night games til the final whistle. Now if I watch them at all I'm usually turning it off before the half.  When the Bills had prime time games I often passed on the Sunday day games.

The awful state of officiating in the games, my questioning of the integrity of the league and the growing annoyance with the commentators in the booth has curbed my enthusiasm somewhat as well.

I'll watch every snap Sunday with my Bills garb on, hopefully yelling very little at the TV and the clouds... GO BILLS !!!

• Like (+1) 2

Tough was loving this team from 2000 to 2016.

Sure there have been ups and downs this year but they still have a winning record.

Fans can sometimes have unreasonable expectations.

Me I am enjoying it and the 3 game sweep to end the season will pave the way to playoff gold ;) (or a big shiny silver trophy)

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.