Chris Godwin out for year

Dablitzkrieg

3 hours ago, FFadpecr said:

Poor Tom Brady.

He'll now have to win the Super Bowl this year with THREE Hall of Fame weapons (Evans, AB, Gronk), instead of possibly 4.

Can the Greatest System Quarterback of All Time overcome having just 3 Hall of Fame pass-catchers on his Offense?

And what is it about the Saints defense being the only defense in the NFL that can shut down Brady and the Bucs offense?

What is it that the Saints defense has against the Bucs O, that no other NFL defense has? 

Evans and Godwin exiting in the 2nd and Fournette in the 3rd  helped...

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Augie said:

I hate that for any player, on any team, in any sport. Get well, sir. 

Happened to me in college... and I was more upset when the opposing team showed support and sympathy... I didn't want it, we were rivals in a blood sport, and to have them clapping for me as I hobbled off made me furious! I would rather they laughed and taunted than clap and encourage. I always enjoyed the brutal competitive nature of football. 

I may be in the minority, but I really loved the Spartan-esque battles that happened, and doing everything in your power to demolish the opposition... and if you put the person out of commission across from you, then you succeeded. Every play, I tried to make the person play their last play... and I knew they were trying to do the same. It's part of a very violent game, and at least he benefitted to cashing out before it took his knees.  

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, Prospector said:

Happened to me in college... and I was more upset when the opposing team showed support and sympathy... I didn't want it, we were rivals in a blood sport, and to have them clapping for me as I hobbled off made me furious! I would rather they laughed and taunted than clap and encourage. I always enjoyed the brutal competitive nature of football. 

I may be in the minority, but I really loved the Spartan-esque battles that happened, and doing everything in your power to demolish the opposition... and if you put the person out of commission across from you, then you succeeded. Every play, I tried to make the person play their last play... and I knew they were trying to do the same. It's part of a very violent game, and at least he benefitted to cashing out before it took his knees.  

Yeah, I think you’re indeed in the minority. A tiny minority. I played football until college, where I took up rugby. In both sports you look to hurt your opponent. You want to be physical and inflict a certain amount of pain. I never wanted to INJURE an opponent. It’s not a “blood sport”, it’s a game. At least, that’s how most decent people see it. You battle, but you respect your opponent. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, pennstate10 said:

not cool to say Bills benefit from an injury. 
I get you’re trying to make a joke, but it’s not particularly clever, and really not cool. 

not cool to say you’re a pennstate fan. I get you like boys shower rooms, but it’s not clever, (sic) and really not cool.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

14 hours ago, pennstate10 said:

not cool to say Bills benefit from an injury. 
I get you’re trying to make a joke, but it’s not particularly clever, and really not cool. 

He wasn't wishing anyone to get hurt but since they already are it will help

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

not cool to say you’re a pennstate fan. I get you like boys shower rooms, but it’s not clever, (sic) and really not cool.

Bob, quick question, did you always support murderers?

“Former football star and TV commentator Bob Chandler, who stood by his friend O.J. Simpson when he was accused of murder, “

https://greensboro.com/ex-o-j-teammate-bob-chandler-dies/article_adb7518e-a212-5ff0-8d7a-d9a2d0091276.html

There’s an old saying about glass houses, but I sorta forget how it goes. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/20/2021 at 3:23 PM, FFadpecr said:

Poor Tom Brady.

He'll now have to win the Super Bowl this year with THREE Hall of Fame weapons (Evans, AB, Gronk), instead of possibly 4.

Can the Greatest System Quarterback of All Time overcome having just 3 Hall of Fame pass-catchers on his Offense?

And what is it about the Saints defense being the only defense in the NFL that can shut down Brady and the Bucs offense?

What is it that the Saints defense has against the Bucs O, that no other NFL defense has? 

Gronk passed his prime, Evans is a fringe HOF player at best and no freaking way anybody else is in the conversation.

4 hours ago, pennstate10 said:

Bob, quick question, did you always support murderers?

“Former football star and TV commentator Bob Chandler, who stood by his friend O.J. Simpson when he was accused of murder, “

https://greensboro.com/ex-o-j-teammate-bob-chandler-dies/article_adb7518e-a212-5ff0-8d7a-d9a2d0091276.html

There’s an old saying about glass houses, but I sorta forget how it goes. 

There’s another old saying, children shouldn’t even be seen, let alone heard from.

• Disagree 1

Bummer for Godwin, I'm a fan and he was really putting up some numbers the past few weeks.

This syncs with AB's return so I can almost guarantee we see an Antonio Brown explosion in the coming weeks. How can we make Tampa Bay even more unlikeable? Oh I know, a Brady to AB connection throughout the playoffs.

On 12/20/2021 at 3:57 PM, 1ManRaid said:

Lucky us.  We got the Titans before Henry's injury, and Bucs before their injuries.  I'm surprised Jonathan Taylor didn't explode after beating us.

And the Steelers defense at full strength 😂 In the games where we faced backup qbs the backups weren’t far behind their starting counterparts lol kind of a mixed bag though we got kc without chris jones and NO missing a bunch of offensive players 

16 hours ago, DCofNC said:

Gronk passed his prime, Evans is a fringe HOF player at best and no freaking way anybody else is in the conversation.

Evans is a "fringe" HOF player at best?  Really?   Why don't you take a look at his career stats and get back to me.  A couple of more years of similar stats and he is a lock.  In fact, if we had picked Evans instead of Watkins, most posters on this board would have been more than cool with the trade-up.  

Godwin's contract is up at the end of this year. I'm guessing the injury complicates things for him in terms of finding someone to pay big bucks in the free agency market, and he winds up signing a 1 year deal with the Buccaneers.

If NOT, I'd sure love to see him sign in Buffalo. He's a top three slot receiver in the NFL and is still only 25 years old. Give me Diggs, Davis, and Godwin next year.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

Godwin's contract is up at the end of this year. I'm guessing the injury complicates things for him in terms of finding someone to pay big bucks in the free agency market, and he winds up signing a 1 year deal with the Buccaneers.

If NOT, I'd sure love to see him sign in Buffalo. He's a top three slot receiver in the NFL and is still only 25 years old. Give me Diggs, Davis, and Godwin next year.

Getting Godwin at a bit of a discount due to the injury? I'm salivating just thinking about a WR corps of Diggs, Godwin, Davis. 

I was thinking the Bucs would franchise tag him after the injury, but he was already tagged for 2021. Tagging him again in 2022 escalates the contract even more, and the Bucs have a lot of money already tied up in existing obligations. I think there's a good chance Godwin makes it to the open market.  

2 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

Getting Godwin at a bit of a discount due to the injury? I'm salivating just thinking about a WR corps of Diggs, Godwin, Davis. 

I was thinking the Bucs would franchise tag him after the injury, but he was already tagged for 2021. Tagging him again in 2022 escalates the contract even more, and the Bucs have a lot of money already tied up in existing obligations. I think there's a good chance Godwin makes it to the open market.  

I sure hope he makes it to the market.

In my mind, drafting a few big, mean guards and a bruising running back and signing Godwin should "fix" the offense. 

Find a decent 1T and a capable corner somewhere, and there's your offseason.

• Agree 1

On 12/20/2021 at 9:12 PM, Augie said:

Yeah, I think you’re indeed in the minority. A tiny minority. I played football until college, where I took up rugby. In both sports you look to hurt your opponent. You want to be physical and inflict a certain amount of pain. I never wanted to INJURE an opponent. It’s not a “blood sport”, it’s a game. At least, that’s how most decent people see it. You battle, but you respect your opponent. 

Yeah, I get you... I played in multiple intramural football/rugby/extreme frisbee college bouts... and flag/tackle football games after college, and they aren't anything compared to college/pro ball. You never try to hurt anyone in those games, and I am usually the first person to calm everyone down... but College and Pro ball has an animalistic approach, that if you are trying to be the do-gooder, then the players out for blood are gonna take your lunch money.

10 hours ago, st pete gogolak said:

Evans is a "fringe" HOF player at best?  Really?   Why don't you take a look at his career stats and get back to me.  A couple of more years of similar stats and he is a lock.  In fact, if we had picked Evans instead of Watkins, most posters on this board would have been more than cool with the trade-up.  

Yeah, let’s see if the softest big receiver ever can keep up a few more years.  This he’s a fringe at best HOF type, a few years of top 10 production does not A HOF career make. 

On 12/20/2021 at 11:59 PM, Prospector said:

1. I'm not sure you ever went to college let alone played football. 

2. Your parents didn't raise you right. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.