Should Davis start over Sanders going forward?

Blainorama5

Davis or Sanders as the starter?  

290 members have voted

1. 1. Should Davis continue to start over Sanders?

• Yes
    • No
    • Bench them both and start Kumerow

I like Gabe because of the deception factor, plus he is a clutch receiver.

He's a really good blocking WR, so a run is possible. But when Sanders is in there, he is not a good blocker, and even when we try to run with him in the game, there is probably a free defender running around not being blocked.

Rewatch how Gabe engages the CB in the Carolina game. Then they fake him blocking, and he's wide open for his 2nd TD. Little things like this can also help our running game get from abysmal to mediocre. 

5 hours ago, Ramza86 said:

I was irate to know Sanders ever started over Davis. I made a really old thread about how mad I was

I also had a post before season that said Gabe was already our number 2 WR (outside WR).  I got laughed at for thinking it.

Now I was wrong because the Bills never listed him as such but we are starting to agree he should have been.

I do like Sanders as well and want them all on the field

He has size for the Rpo.  Better long speed than given credit for.  I think he is becoming the guy we hoped.  When Sanders returns put him inside.  I think a rotation of Beasley and Sanders keeps them fresh down the stretch.  Offense is best with Diggs and Davis.  Davis does the dirty work inside blocking.  Makes him a nightmare on hard play action.  

8 hours ago, Ramza86 said:

I was irate to know Sanders ever started over Davis. I made a really old thread about how mad I was

I thought the Sanders signing was a good one because we needed depth in case of injury like we did at the end of last season.

Then to see Sanders taking all of his snaps? Pfft. What a poor roster decision. Wonder if that was Beane over McDermott. 

Reps are from the coach, unless the GM wants to justify his roster move.  Since those guys work in tandem, I don’t think Beane would be forcing McD to play Sanders over Davis.

Good question, that's a tough one. I'm not sure about starting full time over Sanders just yet, but it is becoming more and more clear Davis and Allen seem to have a good chemistry that's been building. Maybe a little better than he has with Sanders? Idk....I do however think Davis has earned and should get more playing time.

Sanders has made some plays and also there have been multiple times he has been open and Josh didn't see him, or just missed him and also has been times Josh had pressure in his face too quickly where he didn't have time to find him 

With that said, Davis being the young WR that continues to make plays along with how he and Josh are on same page, I can easily see why they would start him over Sanders. He will at least get more plays than before when Sanders is back, I'm pretty confident in that

Edited by Sheneneh Jenkins

Sort of makes you wonder how a scrambling improvising QB like Josh might do with some targets who are taller than 6 feet. It almost seems like Josh is a QB made for larger body WR's that can be especially devastating in scramble drills. Outside of Knox, Gabe is next and we saw his RZ success last year and now this year. Sanders is a still a good player and will get time but Gabe brings something different and we need that right now.  

2 hours ago, CSBill said:

I have been beating this drum all season. There is nothing, I repeat “nothing” Sanders does better than Davis. The Bills have hurt themselves by sticking with Sanders too long. 

Sanders is better at reading traffic and finding holes in zones. The Bills see primarily zone defenses so there is definitely a place for Sanders on the field.

• Agree 1

I don't really care what you have to do to get Davis on the field, but he needs to be on the field.  If that's popping him into the slot, so be it. If that's putting him outside with Sanders on the bench, I'm fine with that too. 

His big play potential and chemistry with Allen on scrambles is too valuable.  He should be in for the majority of snaps.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.