Should Davis start over Sanders going forward?

Blainorama5

Davis or Sanders as the starter?  

290 members have voted

1. 1. Should Davis continue to start over Sanders?

• Yes
    • No
    • Bench them both and start Kumerow

Health has to factor into this conversation.

I am convinced that at the beginning of the season Davis' injury was holding him back. I do not think it was just coaches picking the more experienced WR.

At this point Davis looks good out there and when Sanders returns he will not be 100% the first week. Go with the hot hand (Davis) and let Sanders have a light workload. It is best for the team.

I am not sure what Beasley's health status is. He is playing better than immediately after the rib injury, but he could still be dealing with significant pain. The trainers and coaches should make the call between semi-injured players vs other backups. But you play your best healthy guys for sure, and that means Diggs and Davis.

Yeah, our offense just works better with him on the field, same with McKenzie. 

I’ve been saying all year that the Bills need to start rotating them in for Beasley and Sanders, and I support now just replacing Sanders with Davis.

Also, Gabe just has a nose for the end zone. He’s had it since arriving. He just scores all the time.

Many believed Davis would be #2 this season after his success last year. Wonder why it didn't happen? Could it be they weren't sure with how severe his injury was at the time and wanted insurance with Sanders if he was not ready?

Or could it be they thought he still wasn't ready and needed a little more development? Who knows, but whatever the case I felt like he did enough last season to get that #2 spot...

If a reason was given at some point I either forgot, or missed it, which is very possible. So if anyone knows plz jog my memory

I'd rather have Sanders (if healthy and ready) in. He gets more separation. That's the most important thing.

Davis is a better blocker and maybe a better guy in scramble drill. The fact he's a better blocker has led teams to think he's committed blocking at times he's only feinting. IMO this won't continue as much once teams see it on film, and they've already got a couple of examples.

Davis really has done better than expected and continues improving. He's a great-looking piece to have going forward.

9 hours ago, msw2112 said:

Also keep in mind that Beasley has been banged up and it not 100%, plus is also part of the over-30 crowd.  Having Sanders and Beasley share reps may keep both of them fresher and healthier, while Davis is getting his well-deserved reps.

If I remember correctly, his ribs've been injured since the last day of October. That's a long time to have it still affecting his performance.

He hasn't been beating man-to-man lately. I didn't notice whether that was a problem early in the year, but it's been so for a lot of the season. I'm starting to wonder if it's age as opposed to injury. We'll see.

Edited by Thurman#1

17 hours ago, Ramza86 said:

I was irate to know Sanders ever started over Davis. I made a really old thread about how mad I was

I thought the Sanders signing was a good one because we needed depth in case of injury like we did at the end of last season.

Then to see Sanders taking all of his snaps? Pfft. What a poor roster decision. Wonder if that was Beane over McDermott. 

I'm guessing the reverse.

Absolutely !!!! His blocking is much better and he is bigger not to mention the chemistry he has with Josh & after what he showed last season OMG !! 

He's going to be around a lot longer than Sanders ! I thought Sanders we be used more as a depth option seeing as he took Smokes spot on the roster.

Although a good veteran presence one would think is on the back half of his career & Davis as he has shown is on the upside i would hope that going forward McD & company would see just how much better the offense is with him on the field .

Not to mention he burnt one of the top corners in the league more than once in that game which was a little redemption for leaving the Bills & going to the Pats and what they did to the Bills while he was there ...

Edited by T master

I've missed all of the Gabe Davis sideline grabs that seemed to happen on a weekly basis in 2020.  He's the big outside target Allen has been missing this year.  He clearly brings a different element to the offense with his size and physicality...it seems he is the only receiver on this team that is capable of YAC.  He also appears to be the best blocking receiver on the team, and since he has been getting consistent snaps over the last 6 quarters of football the team has actually been running the ball somewhat effectively.  Not all because of Gabe obviously, but interesting to note.

So yes.  Gabe should be starting.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.