TBN: Buffalo Bills fans donated $442,000 to Dalton Foundation. Nearly $100,000 went to management firm

YoloinOhio

Also lost in the Daltons wife said that they would cover the fees in this instance to make the 400k whole while dumping the management company. That's good people. They could have just dumped them and said we didn't know and left it at that.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yikes.  I wonder how many players are using these services, thinking they're doing a great thing and not realizing they're helping the Prolanthropy managers get fat.

• Angry 1

I am personally attached to 2 charities. So, I know exactly where virtually every penny goes. In particular, I know that there are NO paid staff involved in bleeding the charity dry from its intended recipients.

That’s who I give to.

I absolutely do not give to mega charities (say Hospital foundations), who employ 6 figure staff for that sole purpose!

12 hours ago, Buffalo619 said:

Most are like this. Nonprofit doesn’t mean no profit, it means no tax.

It’s best to donate locally to a foundation that gives 90- 100% proceeds to the cause. 

Another awful one is Wounded Warrior Project.  Dudes running this got caught red handed with some of the worst scummery Ive ever seen!

27 minutes ago, jimmy10 said:

Americans gave $470B to charitable causes in 2020. Everyone involved in guiding some of that money to an organization should only do so on a volunteer basis?

Non-profit =\= No costs

I think the point here is 25% is unacceptable. DYOR before hitching a wagon to a project.  Im sure some are better than others.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, jimmy10 said:

Americans gave $470B to charitable causes in 2020. Everyone involved in guiding some of that money to an organization should only do so on a volunteer basis?

Non-profit =\= No costs

22% is an extremely high amount to take off the top for "administration".

We are saying to administrate 470 billion, it takes 106 billion before any charity gets done? I think most charity watchdog groups disagree.

Edited by What a Tuel

14 hours ago, Whkfc said:

Also lost in the Daltons wife said that they would cover the fees in this instance to make the 400k whole while dumping the management company. That's good people. They could have just dumped them and said we didn't know and left it at that.

That’s not true. She said they left the company and that all further money will be donated directly to hospitals. They are not covering the fees “to make the 400k whole.”

16 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

The management company, Prolanthropy LLC, has helped create and operate dozens of nonprofit organizations for professional athletes since 2008. But its fees, while legal, are "wildly out of line," according to nonprofit oversight attorney Andrew Morton and other industry experts. Those fees drain resources from the people a nonprofit aims to help.

As The News raised questions, the Dalton Foundation ended its relationship with Prolanthropy and Jordan Dalton said it will donate all money directly to hospitals "so 100% of proceeds go to families in need."

Before you donate check to see Prolanthropy LLC is involved.  There was a local company taking 90% of donations saying most of it was goods they sold to bulk sellers.

Someone tell Josh to see who is manager.  NFL & NFLPA should send list in notices.

15 hours ago, BTB said:

I believe there is a site out there that ranks all charities, and reports what the administration fees are. 

There is a site that says how much money goes to admin costs.

I work for the feds.  At this time of year they have the only endorsement of charities called the CFC.  There is a book that lists all charities based on causes and discloses the % of admin..  employees can do paycheck deductions for charities they choose.

last time I did it I was getting constant mailings. I think my info was given to others.  I said F it.

Edited by djp14150

21 hours ago, foreboding said:

Gee...I wonder why the world is so cynical these days?

One of the many reasons I almost never donate to these ridiculous BillsMafia target charities.

I did donate to the Childrens hospital, though.

Edited by Einstein

21 hours ago, stuvian said:

some pretty heavy administration going on there

17 hours ago, transient said:

Soooo, the natural next question is... was the Visually Impaired Advancement (VIA) charity from last week's snarky philanthropic gesture also robbing people blind? :ph34r:

I'm sure Sally Struthers will be demanding an explanation

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.