12/19/21 Gameday Bills vs Panthers Postgame Thread

Hapless Bills Fan

7 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

That was a good W against a tough Panthers D, no need to downplay it.

I liked Dabol’s game plan. He started with short passes (which Josh was off on), then mixed in enough running game that didn’t just keep Carolina honest, it provided needed yards and first downs. That in turn opened up the intermediate game and play action game. That’s the exact type of game plan we need against NE.

Josh was solid. Yeah the pick was awful and he held onto it a few times but to expect a perfect game with our horrendous offensive line (and although they played better in the second half they sucked) is ridiculous. When he had a few seconds you saw passes like the first of Gabe’s 2 TDs. 

I didn’t like us getting the calls in this game because I think that just means we are getting screwed in Gillette, but that may just be 2 decades of dominance by the biggest bandwagon fan franchise in sports history, the Hartford Patriots, speaking.

Weren’t getting calls in Foxboro anyway... gladly took the calls today. Definitely got away with a few holds on Offense maybe a DPI or 2 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, thenorthremembers said:

Bottom line is if the Bengals win today the Bills are on the outside looking in.  Gotta beat the Pats and win out for the 3rd seed.  Lose to the Pats and win out you get the 7th seed with some help.

Have to hope the Bengals lose as much as possible.

Pretty sure if the Ravens or Browns lose we'll still hold that 7th seed.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, thenorthremembers said:

Bottom line is if the Bengals win today the Bills are on the outside looking in.  Gotta beat the Pats and win out for the 3rd seed.  Lose to the Pats and win out you get the 7th seed with some help.

Bengals have a tough schedule coming up and week to week fluctuations are still going to happen. Still a great chance for the Bills either way. 

• Agree 1

Good win, the game was tougher than the score indicates 

Allen had a strong game considering the pass blocking was mostly below average. 
Singletary gets a game ball. So does Gabe Davis. 

We need Dawkins back.  I felt bad for Brown getting tossed into LT on 2 days notice. 

Pats* will be tougher for sure.  

I expect Daboll to do more next week to diversify the offense and help the pass protection by use of TE on edge and RB in backfield.  BB is watching. 

Overall, a much needed win under tough circumstances.  

• Like (+1) 6

29 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Not so fussed about the number of yards. That interception was daft and there seemed to be communication issues between him and the other WRs at times. It happens; people are allowed to say Josh wasn't at his best (and it says a lot that he wasn't and still threw for three TDs) without being drawn into a disagreement all the time. He's human - like everyone he'll be better in some games than others.

True but he has to be better next week. 

• Disagree 1

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

Weren’t getting calls in Foxboro anyway... gladly took the calls today. Definitely got away with a few holds on Offense maybe a DPI or 2 

I think the PI on Wallace was weak.  Then there was one I thought Wallace should have gotten but didn't.  Unless I missed something I thought the roughing the passer on Josh getting pushed out of bounds was a bad call.  Over all I liked the refs today.  Missed some stuff.  Made some bad calls but IMO it was pretty even and that's all I ask of refs.  Call the stuff both ways.  Unlike the Tampa game getting PI after PI while our WR was mugged and one PI should have been offensive PI.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Success said:

As the kids say, the division is back on the menu.

I am STOKED for the game next week.  When was the last time we had such a consequential division game so late in the season?  And to have a chance to actually take it on the field, from the Patriots.

They can do it. The D is playing great. Dane Jackson is proving to be very capable.  Singletary is running well. Allen had good protection for large portions of the game today.

It's all there in front of us - everything we expected for this season.  We took a bigger detour than expected, but it's all still there.

eh, Last  year 

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I found it very tough to watch at times. They do have a very good defense and our OL was a wreck but still… I’ll take the dub and move on 

It felt like I was watching two bad teams play. Certainly not a playoff team. Next week the Bills have to be a lot better. 

10 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

If Bengals win and Raiders win we are still 7 seed.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

After today Bengals still

have the Chiefs, Ravens, and Browns left on their schedule. Not worried about them at all, especially since they have lost 4 of their last 6

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I think the PI on Wallace was weak.  Then there was one I thought Wallace should have gotten but didn't.  Unless I missed something I thought the roughing the passer on Josh getting pushed out of bounds was a bad call.  Over all I liked the refs today.  Missed some stuff.  Made some bad calls but IMO it was pretty even and that's all I ask of refs.  Call the stuff both ways.  Unlike the Tampa game getting PI after PI while our WR was mugged and one PI should have been offensive PI.

Thought it was weak as well. Too close to LOS. They talked about it and still blew the call.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

Haters seize on every opportunity. They still haven't let go of Rosen. 

I don't really see Josh criticism as hate. Much of it is valid and he should be held at a high standard. Franchise QBs don't get a lot of wiggle room to play poorly. It comes with the territory. But yes he's human and the fans shouldn't expect perfection every game. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

If Bengals win and Raiders win we are still 7 seed.

Scoreboard watching gives us something to do, I guess, but win out and we win the division.  Lose any of them and it’ll be hard to get in.  

Just now, newcam2012 said:

It felt like I was watching two bad teams play. Certainly not a playoff team. Next week the Bills have to be a lot better. 

Hopefully the oline, which is subpar to begin with, gets their LT and Mongo back. You, Ethan in Portland (who prophesied an epic loss and McD on the verge of being fired), and Gene1973 are among the most persistently negative posters on this board. The Bills have disappointed, partly through miscalculations in roster construction, but also because they've had some ill luck and egregious officiating that have contributed to their mediocre record. None of that makes them a bad team.

• Thank you (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

The PF was on a player who pushed a Bills player out of bounds not the push on Allen. It was a dumb lack of self control.

• Like (+1) 1

Only five pages in, but a lot of awful takes in this thread so far.

Regardless of the Panthers’ record, they have one of the best defenses in the league, including the #1 pass defense, which features two outstanding pass rushers and a still dangerous Stephon Gilmore.

Despite that, a Bills offense with backups at four out of five o-line positions (!) and a QB with a sprained foot just scored 31 points to win a game they HAD to have.

And what do I see in this thread? People complaining that we didn’t have enough style points or that Josh played a subpar game?!

Sometimes I wonder if these people are even watching the same game I’m watching.

The name of the game in the NFL is to win at all costs. We just won by 17 against a very good defense. Ask the Cardinals if they would’ve preferred an “ugly win” over what happened to them today. Sheesh.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 13
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 9

16 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

How is that " outside looking in?"

57 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

He had 5 penalties against him!!! He had an absolutely terrible game-not really sure what you saw 

Agree. The Bills won despite Brown, not because of him. Any holding or taunting call is killer; he had four

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Disagree.  Against that D with a makeshift terrible line and the pressure he was often under, Josh made plays.  Outside of the Int he played very well today.  Don't need 300 yards to have a good performance.  A lot of QBs would have folded under the pressure back there.

I'm not the only one who commented on his mediocre play. At halftime,  Bradshaw, Jimmy Johnson, Howie Long, etc... showed several clips of Allen's poor play. I guess we see what we wanna see. 

1 minute ago, Logic said:

Only five pages in, but a lot of awful takes in this thread so far.

Regardless of the Panthers’ record, they have one of the best defenses in the league, including the #1 pass defense, which features two outstanding pass rushers and a still dangerous Stephon Gilmore.

Despite that, a Bills offense with backups at four out of five positions (!) and a QB with a sprained foot just scored 31 points to win a game they HAD to have.

And what do I see in this thread? People complaining that we didn’t have enough style points or that Josh played a subpar game?!

Sometimes I wonder if these people are even watching the same game I’m watching.

The name of the game in the NFL is to win at all costs. We just won by 17 against a very good defense. Ask the Cardinals if they would’ve preferred an “ugly win” over what happened to them today. Sheesh.

great post Logic....I would add the kneejerk "fire Dabol" (sic) posts 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I don't really see Josh criticism as hate. Much of it is valid and he should be held at a high standard. Franchise QBs don't get a lot of wiggle room to play poorly. It comes with the territory. But yes he's human and the fans shouldn't expect perfection every game. 

His line was hot garbage and many QBs would have folded. He want great but if the line isn’t close to intact next week and beyond they won’t go very far if they get a playoff berth

6 minutes ago, BRH said:

Scoreboard watching gives us something to do, I guess, but win out and we win the division.  Lose any of them and it’ll be hard to get in.  

Still a very good chance even if they fall toll short at NE next week. A lot of these teams play each other and aren’t going to win out. 

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

I'm not the only one who commented on his mediocre play. At halftime,  Bradshaw, Jimmy Johnson, Howie Long, etc... showed several clips of Allen's poor play. I guess we see what we wanna see. 

I can pull footage of Mahomes and Brady and any QB you want to show some average play.  The fact is Allen made the plays he needed to make and the Bills scored 31 points.  Allen had 3 TDs.  People act as if every other good QB doesn't miss passes and always make perfect decisions all game.  I say they need to watch more football because that isn't true.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Hopefully the oline, which is subpar to begin with, gets their LT and Mongo back. You, Ethan in Portland (who prophesied an epic loss and McD on the verge of being fired), and Gene1973 are among the most persistently negative posters on this board. The Bills have disappointed, partly through miscalculations in roster construction, but also because they've had some ill luck and egregious officiating that have contributed to their mediocre record. None of that makes them a bad team.

Ethan should just stay in his train wreck of a city and join a Trailblazers forum …

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Yeah they were okay today overall. Definitely got away with a few and got a ticky tack call here and there. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.