12/19/21 Gameday Bills vs Panthers Postgame Thread

Hapless Bills Fan

27 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I know Spencer Brown had kind of a rough game, but this was his first time ever playing LT in a football game. I thought in that context he showed a lot of potential.

How? He's still very young and could be a very good player. However, today he sucked. Is that what you mean by potential? 

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1

11 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

See Josh is never allowed to have a bad game or even an up and down game he’s so good that when he throws for 3tds some people think he’s becoming Trent Edwards 

Haters seize on every opportunity. They still haven't let go of Rosen. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, BRH said:

And he threw for three of them.  Jesus, people.  

Not to mention the drop by Sweeney was huge, and davis could have dove for that deep ball. Another game where a few times guys could have picked up allen and changed momentum of the game.

Edited by Norcalbillsfan
  • Like (+1) 1

That was a good W against a tough Panthers D, no need to downplay it.

I liked Dabol’s game plan. He started with short passes (which Josh was off on), then mixed in enough running game that didn’t just keep Carolina honest, it provided needed yards and first downs. That in turn opened up the intermediate game and play action game. That’s the exact type of game plan we need against NE.

Josh was solid. Yeah the pick was awful and he held onto it a few times but to expect a perfect game with our horrendous offensive line (and although they played better in the second half they sucked) is ridiculous. When he had a few seconds you saw passes like the first of Gabe’s 2 TDs. 

I didn’t like us getting the calls in this game because I think that just means we are getting screwed in Gillette, but that may just be 2 decades of dominance by the biggest bandwagon fan franchise in sports history, the Hartford Patriots, speaking.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, entropyrules said:

A question to the group

have the rules on intentional grounding changed?

I thought Allen had at least two and Newton one..what am I missing on the rule interpretation?

There was at least one on each of them that I thought could have been called also.

It seems to me they've been calling it very loosely around the league most of the year.

3 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I disagree. His play was mediocre at best. Perhaps it was his injury? The Bills need a way better version of Allen to win vs quality teams. 

Disagree.  Against that D with a makeshift terrible line and the pressure he was often under, Josh made plays.  Outside of the Int he played very well today.  Don't need 300 yards to have a good performance.  A lot of QBs would have folded under the pressure back there.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.