12/19/21 Gameday Bills vs Panthers Postgame Thread

Hapless Bills Fan

When I woke up this morning and learned that the Bills would be minus two starters on the OL to Covid, meaning that effectively only one starting player would be in their preferred OL position, I would have been happy to take 20 points against one of the  leagues better defenses.  Instead, the Bills scored 31, even though 20 would have been enough to win.  

Great effort by the Bills today.  People complaining about this win are simply clueless.  

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

It’s unbelievable how wrong McDermott is on nearly every 4th down decision.

Last week he refuses to let his best player try to get a first down or TD on 3 or 4 separate 4th and 3s.

Then today, finally allows it, and Davis gets his second TD catch. But that was also the wrong choice to go for it there. 

it probably doesn’t matter either way since Carolina was out of timeouts, but why leave a chance they get a freak play and an onside kick if you don’t convert on the 4th down? Why go for it there and not during the Bucs game at any point?

to me, it was a no brainer to go on 4th down late today. If we kicked a FG, it would have been a 13-point game— that is pretty much the same as a 10-point lead. Better to kill clock or score a TD. 

• Like (+1) 4

Going to say what no one wants to hear.  It was a good game and a win is a win but make the same mistakes (turnovers and penalties) against the Pats and we will most likely lose.  At some point you need to bring your full A game when it's needed and throwing pics and bringing back multiple 10 plus yard runs because of penalties will not get it done.  It's not can they beat the Pats, no doubt they can, but will they.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, LDD said:

Good win against a really good D and a much improved (from 2020) Cam Newton.  I respect the hell out that dude after his effort today.  

Frazier dialed up great blitz packages today.  

D line played tough most of the day and made some huge plays at big moments by knocking down passes.  

Allen is so good that when he's not AMAZING people think he played poorly.  That's a good thing.  Only play I really didn't like was the sack when we were backed way up on 3rd down in the fourth quarter.  Looked like old Josh, scrambling, ball switching hands...scary.  I didn't even hate the INT too much.  He's a gun slinger and gun slingers gonna sling.  DB made a great read by breaking off his coverage.  

O-line got a really good push at times today, which was different.  Motor played great.  

Brown is a rookie being asked to do a lot.  5 penalties is unacceptable.  He knows that, the staff knows that, we know that.  Hopefully he fixes that.  

Play calling was good at times and terrible at others.  Loved the outside run game that was effective though.  

Good win...keep rolling. 

Good post.  

regarding the bolded, it seemed to me like he was thinking to himself “I can get out of this and make a play”…..but he was just a little hobbled and didn’t want to push the issue and risk getting crazy.  Idk, I could be way off, just my initial thought, haven’t seen the replay

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

Going to say what no one wants to hear.  It was a good game and a win is a win but make the same mistakes (turnovers and penalties) against the Pats and we will most likely lose.  At some point you need to bring your full A game when it's needed and throwing pics and bringing back multiple 10 plus yard runs because of penalties will not get it done.  It's not can they beat the Pats, no doubt they can, but will they.

We made two absolutely colossal mistakes early against the pats last time and still had about 15 different opportunities to win the game

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

I'm not the only one who commented on his mediocre play. At halftime,  Bradshaw, Jimmy Johnson, Howie Long, etc... showed several clips of Allen's poor play. I guess we see what we wanna see. 

How can you cite those cretins on the Fox studio show to prove your point?  That was a classless hatchet job by the Fox clowns.  They showed three clips - Allen's first 2 passes of the game that were poorly thrown and the INT.  Are you kidding me?  This is proof positive that the Fox studies hosts have an ax to grind with Allen.

The Bills were leading 17 - 8 and they show Allen's FIRST TWO PASSES OF THE GAME?  It's like they're trying desperately to prove the Allen is inaccurate narrative.  Have you ever seen a halftime show focus in on the first two passes of a QB as a measure of how he did in the first half? It was bizarre and your citing this as proof of Allen's mediocre play tells me you also have an ax to grind with Allen.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

Say it man, say it.  It's the truth.  One of the biggest issues with this team is discipline.  Look for Belicheat's team to clean up their act against us next week.  Can we do the same??  Coaching and discipline is a huge issue with this team this year.  I like McD but he needs to clean up some messes that CANNOT happen if we're going to win in Foxboro next week.  

In other news, this is probably the biggest game we've ever played in Foxboro as far as importanc.  Go Bills!

2 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Little bit better, but Brown looked out of his depth at LT for much of the day. And I am a huge Brown fan. Now Hasson Reddick is really good and Burns is very solid. But you know Belichick will be seeing weak spots on the line and trying to exploit them. 

We could have Feliciano and Dawkins back right ? Very different story 

2 hours ago, UKBillFan said:

Not so fussed about the number of yards. That interception was daft and there seemed to be communication issues between him and the other WRs at times. It happens; people are allowed to say Josh wasn't at his best (and it says a lot that he wasn't and still threw for three TDs) without being drawn into a disagreement all the time. He's human - like everyone he'll be better in some games than others.

There's a difference between saying Allen wasn't at his best, which he wasn't, and saying he had a poor game.  Under the circumstances he was solid today.

*  With that O-line EVERY pass play was an adventure from the get go.

*  Allen had a bad INT.  He then led the Bills on a great 2nd quarter ending drive that resulted in a FG restoring both the Bill's momentum and two score lead.

*  Allen's first TD pass to Davis was spectacular.  From Allen setting up the play by adjusting his WR's, to his freezing the safety in place with his eyes to delivering a strike only a few other QB's in the NFL could make.  And all on 3rd and long.

• Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Spencer Brown, Taunting, Are You F'ing kidding me?

BILLS WIN!  PLAY GLORIA!

Although he had a ton of penalties, ( that taunting was a joke, didn't even see where they got that) physically I thought he played solid, there were a few times the whole line actually looked good holding the defenders off. When Boyle came in he did good too even though he allowed that one sack , Josh was holding the ball forever and Burns finally got through.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

2 hours ago, RichRiderBills said:

Josh played ok. I thought the int was a real bad throw...and a few other times he held the ball too long. A few plays not on him, like the bad pass protection, and that dreadful Sweeney drop.

Still all things considered...gritty performance. He is a tough SOB and really proud he got in this game.

And don't forget that first TD throw to Davis. Only a couple of other QB's in the league could make that throw.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Process said:

As bad as Dawkins has been, we obviously need him back 

brown had a lot of penalties but he didnt look as bad as Dawkins has been lately

3 hours ago, UKBillFan said:

That was tough for a 31-14 win! Worried about Josh; hopefully he's got a down game out of his system ready for next week (and we still scored four touchdowns).

The trenches will kill us this season though - that and the inconsistency.

His foot injury is why he was off but he still played a Hell of a game, that long run was impressive

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.