Which was worse? Efe Obada/Tom Brady or Eddie Robinson/Chad Pennington

uticaclub

Efe Obada/Tom Brady or Eddie Robinson/Chad Pennington  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Which was worse?

• Chad Pennington faking out Eddie Robinson
    • Tom Brady making Efe Obada miss

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I don’t think any db is making that one on one play on Henry in the open field…kind of feel sorry for Norman actually lol

No, maybe cut him, that's about all you could do. Still, Norman literally got ejected. Eddie R was bad, yes, but a certain amount of manhood has to be lost when you get stiff armed like that. That's the stuff that changes a man. 

1 hour ago, KzooMike said:

What was worse.....

Eddie R's miss on Chad? or Henry's stiff arm on Norman? 

Ooh now that's close

52 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I don’t think any db is making that one on one play on Henry in the open field…kind of feel sorry for Norman actually lol

Norman could have set up to tackle him or shove him OOB.  He was trying to punch the ball out.

And just for example, Hyde set himself up for a textbook open field tackle on Henry.  Henry knocked him down and ran over him, but Hyde hung on to his legs and delayed him long enough for the cavalry to arrive. 

How it should be done.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, KzooMike said:

What was worse.....

In the context of the game the Henry stiff arm didn't even happen. There were offsetting penalties. Not to mention it would've only been a 4 yard gain anyway

2nd & 4 at BUF 44

(6:03 - 2nd) D.Henry left end ran ob at BUF 40 for 4 yards (M.Hyde).Penalty on BUF-Q.Jefferson, Defensive Offside, offsetting, enforced at BUF 44 - No Play.Penalty on TEN-B.Jones, Offensive Holding, offsetting.

In terms of raw embarrassment I'd say the Norman stiff arm is worse. In terms of impact to the game it's Eddie R no question. Jets were up 24-13 with 10 minutes left and that play was 4th and goal. Stop it and the Bills have a (small) chance to win. The TD ended the game.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, jlgarsh said:

Eddie Robinson by far. Didn’t he retire right after that?

Yes, he was DOA when he was labeled a "coach on the field" by the staff and played like one😄

3 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

Anyone voting Obada probably wasn’t watching when Pennington juked Robinson out of his cleats.

Fell hook, line, and sinker for the 'ol dead leg😅

5 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

He took flight though like... he took him from here charged bus fare and sent him there. The only saving grace was he stepped out of bounds soon after

18 hours ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

Eddie was far worse. I refuse to be a prisoner of the moment.

agreed.

But I am not sure if I have seen anything BETTER than Nate Clements hit on Tom Brady. Not even sure how he got up after that...just got flattened.

If this happened now, Clements would have been given a 15 yard penalty and thrown out of the game.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2

I find it hilarious that someone else beyond me actually remembers the Eddie Robinson "get faked out of his shoes" play. What a forgettable team and era for the Bills.  That play epitomized that team as the fraud joke they were. As for Obada, his whiff on Brady might be more embarrassing because Brady is 42 years old and at least Robinson was fooled by a much younger Pennington.

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

I’m giving Obada a pass, and assume he let up because touching a sliding Brady would have resulted in a possible ejection. The guy is so protected that tackling him in the open field legally results in players looking for flags. 

Apparently not in 2001 tho when Nate Clements tried to take his life.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Also was a TD no?

Yeah, it happened as Pennington was running in for a TD...on further review, it appears Robinson slips as he tries to slow down and plant his foot making it look worse than it really was.

Edited by Big Turk

16 hours ago, KzooMike said:

What was worse.....

The thing about that play is that it was called back by a penalty, so it technically never happened. 

Poor Norman was posterized on a play that didn't exist.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.