McDermott Era Should End!

Wizard

I don't necessarily think McDermott should be fired after this loss tonight.

But the OP suggested something that I find interesting.

Has McDermott reached (more or less) his coaching ceiling?

I feel he may have.  And it's a high ceiling, but it's not high enough.

• Like (+1) 3

because....we were so much better the last 20 years before they got here?...     daboll.....ive been done with him for a long time...

fraizer..the defense?...    overall its still a good defense.   they have weaknesses but most defenses do and i think it will get better.  

1 minute ago, OZBILLS said:

He is not "fine"

He is. He is a defensive coach and the the defense let up one big run. Other than that they showed up. Every loss this season other than the Titans game is more on the offense not performing than the defense not performing. Steelers game was lost because the offense, Jaguars game because of the offense, This game was because of the offense. Mcdermott had his issues tonight with burning two time outs on stupid stuff but Daboll really screwed this game up. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, mattynh said:

This is one of those things you should have slept on before posting.   We are all frustrated but it would be incredibly dumb to throw I. The towel.   The season is not even over.  

Season ended when they did the 1 thing they seemed to feel the most important to do, beat the Chiefs.

20 minutes ago, McBean said:

I’d be stoked if him and his buddy Beane are sent packing.

I would have to change username tho.

Why send Beane packing?? He got us a franchise QB for crying out loud. I just can’t lmao 🤣 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Were you a fan of this team during its over a decade of consecutive no playoffs?

McDermott isnt going anywhere

I swear we should bring back Rex, Gailey, Williams, or maybe even Doug Marrone just remind people on here what we were like before McD and Beane got here and made us relevant again

• Agree 2

Im over the mcdermott era too.

He just hasn't had it from the get-go this season. Its very strange.

He cant make adjustments. Its embarrassing.

Why are you going to defer and go 3 and out at the start of the half? Hes been deferring all season and this is what has happened more times than not.

Secondly, the belichick wasnt playing chess, if he was, then it was the equivalent of making a pon move 1 space down the board. He didnt use queen, bishop, rooks, or horse.

He literally just ran the ball. He did this before in 2008 when Matt Cassel threw the ball a whopping 8x. It was the same script.

Yet McDermott couldnt prepare for it on a long week. I cant even get into his game management skills.

Its very sad, and perplexing.

He needs to go.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.