SNF: Cleveland Browns at Baltimore Ravens

Hapless Bills Fan

9 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

I’d really like to have Greg Newsome about now with Tre being out. Was really hoping he’d fall to us in the draft. Browns had a nice draft. 

With respect to Baltimore, I haven’t watched all their games, but Oweh has been a pass rush presence in every game I’ve watched of Baltimore’s this year. It’s obviously very early, and I still really like Groot, but we need Groot to make a bit more noise as a pass rusher down the stretch. 

I really hope Groot pans out...but he always came off as soft to me, in college...and most of his sacks were of the “clean up” variety- not necessarily of his own creation...we passed on a lot of great talent for him...so fingers crossed...

Just now, TheProcess said:

Collinsworth fawning over the Ravens offense as if they’ve won the last two super bowls. Sure, it has been a great regular season offense, but flops in the playoffs. Dude needs to get a grip. 

He's a hack, a total phony baloney tool.  He acts as if the Ravens O has been marching up and down the field tonight when they show a close up of the Browns DC looking concerned.  Yet here we are near the end of the 1st half and Baltimore has two FG's.

And isn't Collinsworth aware that both the Dolphins and Bills have completely shut the Ravens down the last times they played?

• Agree 1

Rousseau was the Josh Allen of pass rushers in this past draft.  Just like Edmunds was that of linebackers.  

I hated the Basham pick, but I’m going to give the Rousseau pick time before I freak out because Oweh made a clean-up pursuit play that some are criticizing Rousseau of being the benefactor of in college. 

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

I think the D line rotation we use limits our player's development.

Yeah, the rotation certainly limits opportunities. For comparison, up to tonight, Oweh has played 66% of his team’s snaps (418; 7th on the team), while Groot has only played 51% of the Bills (362; 10th on the team). Oweh has 4 sacks and 5 TFLs (excluding tonight, but 5 sacks if you include tonight), while Groot has 3 sacks and 5 TFLs. To your point, I’d like to see Groot get more opportunities to rush. He’s already pretty solid against the run. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, CincyBillsFan said:

Why was Collinsworth constantly talking about Landry being run down from behind as if he was running hard?  Landry, who is not a QB, was trying NOT to cross the LOS while making a throw.  A big fat D tackle could have "run him down".  Collinsworth is just a terrible announcer.

Right. Landry running full speed to get loose is not going to get caught by any DT.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Rousseau was the Josh Allen of pass rushers in this past draft.  Just like Edmunds was that of linebackers.  

I hated the Basham pick, but I’m going to give the Rousseau pick time before I freak out because Oweh made a clean-up pursuit play that some are criticizing Rousseau of being the benefactor of in college. 

hes pretty darn good against the run. athletic. and good size. his rushing is woefully bereft of skills/moves and technique. HE can only bull rush or just out length ppl for coverage type sacks

Just now, ScottLaw said:

The Basham pick I kindve hate…. Dudes inactive every week.

What I hate about it is that it was a depth pick. That's wonderful when you don't have any glaring weakness somewhere else on the field to address. But when you do (O line) you get a much bigger bang for your draft pick by going that route.

11 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I really hope Groot pans out...but he always came off as soft to me, in college...and most of his sacks were of the “clean up” variety- not necessarily of his own creation...we passed on a lot of great talent for him...so fingers crossed...

I hear ya. Personally, I think Groot will be fine the more experience he gets. I don’t know that it means routine 10 sack guy production, but I think he’ll get his share. Time will tell, and like you, I’m hoping he pans out and excels with continued development and opportunity. 

6 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Why was Collinsworth constantly talking about Landry being run down from behind as if he was running hard?  Landry, who is not a QB, was trying NOT to cross the LOS while making a throw.  A big fat D tackle could have "run him down".  Collinsworth is just a terrible announcer.

Also fawning over how the Ravens have limited the Browns run game without acknowledging that Mayfield is moving the ball on them in the air, and that the game would be tied if the Cleveland kicker hadn’t missed a 46 yd FG

And that the Browns are pretty well shutting down both the Ravens run game (except for Lamar) AND their pass game - and have now picked off Lamar TWICE.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

He's a hack, a total phony baloney tool.  He acts as if the Ravens O has been marching up and down the field tonight when they show a close up of the Browns DC looking concerned.  Yet here we are near the end of the 1st half and Baltimore has two FG's.

And isn't Collinsworth aware that both the Dolphins and Bills have completely shut the Ravens down the last times they played?

I used to be a Collinsworth defender, but that Chiefs game earlier this year completely turned me off on the guy. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.