Jason Garrett fired in NJ

Virgil

He's Exhibit A of "well, it looks great on paper."

He will continue to wow team executives and coaches in the off season.  He clearly has a top notch agent, as well.  

The Giants need to burn that house down  and excavate the basement walls and start all over.  Gettleman and Judge are half measures - the mediocrity there is systemic and it goes beyond them.  

54 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I wasnt implying he was good but the QB class is very weak and Jones is still on his rookie contract.  Mike Glennon isnt the answer.  So are the Giants going to suffer through another year or two with  Daniel Jones, who knows.

They cant go with Jones again next year in my view...

They need to find another option even if its rolling the dice on another QB ( not necessarily with their Top 10 pick)  in this coming draft and pairing him with a Plan B vet like Tyrod Taylor or somebody else available...

1 hour ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

The Bills should bring him in to replace Daboll🤣🤣

Don't laugh.... Daboll May be in trouble on the Bills. I have this sneaking suspicion that it was Daboll that thought the run game is now obsolete. He ask Beane for RBs that can block and now we need a serious rebuild with Ford, Singletary and Moss all strikes. Three strikes and you're out.

It is going to be very difficult to fix this in the off-season. We need to fix both the OL and get new backs. If that was all that was needed you'd think maybe we could do it, but no. The Bills need a new DT desperately this offseason. The kind you get with first round picks....

Bills needs this offseason greatest to least: DT, G, OT or C/G (depending on how they feel about Williams) RBs (plural) WR, TE, Outside CB......

Sounds like a lot....

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

He'll bounce around the league forever, like all NFL coaches/coordinators do.

No big deal for him.

Probably glad to be out of NY.

Kind of like Norv Turner.  Must be something about coaching Dallas.  Maybe JJ pays other teams under the table to hire these guys so he can claim the offsets! LOL

All good for him. He signed a two year $5M contract, so now he can spend Thanksgiving with his family as the $208K checks roll in every month. He's made a boat load of money being completely mediocre his whole career. Nice gravy train if you can get on it. Some posters here sadly think the Bills should sign him. Makes you wonder if some folks here follow the game at all.           

8 minutes ago, FireChans said:

This was general opinion for the Watson/Mahomes draft as well. You just never know.

I will not argue with this because you are certainly correct, yet; imo it is an even worse scenario in 2022. 

I will readily admit to not having known much about Mahomes at the time but I was all in on Watson. That said, look at what happened to that guy. :( 

• Like (+1) 1

I remember when poor Wade Phillips was the HC of the Cowboys.  Insiders said he was a dead man walking because Jerry Jones considered Garrett a young, up-and-coming coaching superstar.  It was only a matter of time before Phillips would be replaced.

In his four years, Phillips won 60.7% of his games with the Cowboys.  In his ten years, Garrett won 55.9% of his.  

Phillips won over 60% of his games with both the Bills and Boys and yet got fired from both gigs in less than 4 seasons.   Garrett got 10 years of patience in Dallas despite perpetual mediocrity.   Now the Giants don't even consider him worthy of a coordinator position. 

The NFL is a funny place.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Garret was an easy target.

Giants have a monster decision coming up, do they go with Jones as their guy?

Jones is such a weird player. Sometimes he makes these amazing plays and throws where you think he’s got a shot, then he gets flustered and throws an awful INT. There’s some early JA in him (although not nearly as talented). But in year 3, these should be few and far between. 

I think he will be like Derek Carr. Too good to replace, too bad to win anything

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

This was general opinion for the Watson/Mahomes draft as well. You just never know.

This draft looks more like Geno and EJ

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.