Did the Jets game really prove anything????

Billsfan1972

2 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Still smarting after the Jags game and yes it was great that the Bills "righted the ship".

But the question is whether the Jets are just so bad that the game really showed nothing?

Not trying to be confrontational, however still bothered by the Tennessee loss and what I thought was a ho hum performance vs. Miami and abysmal one vs. Jax.

Sunday will tell a lot.  

For any rational fan, no it proved nothing and shouldn't move the needle in terms of expectations of this team. I'm still deeply concerned about the fact this team has only one win against a team with a winning record and seems to struggle against most teams that have a few wins or more under their belt. And yes great teams usually have one hiccup along the way but still think the opening day loss against a very average at best Steelers team who just tied with the winless Lions at home is simply inexusable. And to need a second 'wake up' game against a very bad Jags team last week is very telling.

But this has been a weird season and it feels like whoever gets the hottest in Dec/Jan is going to win it all which you can argue just about half the league is in that bucket right now outside of a few teams currently riding momentum like the Pats and Titans.

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Angry 1

2 hours ago, teef said:

they won a game they should have won.  that's good.  just keep getting wins.

At least we didn’t beat an NFC team. We all know what a terrible disaster that can be!

It’s a win. Now let’s go get the next one. The last game, whether it be a win or loss, doesn’t prove anything in terms of the next game. Just look at the last few weeks. 

• Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Its posts like these that prove certain people arent going to be happy no matter what they do.

Its a long season and there seems to be a group of anticipatory people waiting to gleefully say "see? same old bills hurr hurr hurr"

Maybe they will be, maybe they won't, but you can tell there is some satisfaction extracted from belittling the team.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This is what I said before the game. The Bills were in a lose-lose situation. If you beat the Jets, even blow them out, fans will just say that the Jets suck and will dismiss the win. If you lose, obviously it's a bad loss.

And you are fulfilling that prophecy.

4 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Still smarting after the Jags game and yes it was great that the Bills "righted the ship".

But the question is whether the Jets are just so bad that the game really showed nothing?

Not trying to be confrontational, however still bothered by the Tennessee loss and what I thought was a ho hum performance vs. Miami and abysmal one vs. Jax.

Sunday will tell a lot.  

So it seems to me that when the Bills lose you don't like it as much as when they win.

If that is your point I agree with half of it.  I don't like losses.  Never have and never will. 

2 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

For any rational fan, no it proved nothing and shouldn't move the needle in terms of expectations of this team.

Now that I've gotten my eyeballs back in their sockets after they rolled so hard they were in my skull, I would say...

1 hour ago, Augie said:

It’s a win. Now let’s go get the next one. The last game, whether it be a win or loss, doesn’t prove anything in terms of the next game. Just look at the last few weeks. 

And then I'd look to this cat for my next thought...

28 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

Its posts like these that prove certain people arent going to be happy no matter what they do.

Its a long season and there seems to be a group of anticipatory people waiting to gleefully say "see? same old bills hurr hurr hurr"

Maybe they will be, maybe they won't, but you can tell there is some satisfaction extracted from belittling the team.

Effen A Cotton, Effen A. :beer:

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It showed that the Bills are 6-3.  The next game will show that the Bills are either 7-3 or 6-4.  Im sure your line of thinking and people that are generally negative will be something like this... If the Bills lose then the Bills suck and the season is over.  If the Bills win then the Colts are all of a sudden just another bad team.

Like the guy above me said.... If destroying the Jets proved nothing then neither did losing to the Jags.

Edited by Scott7975

I think what this season has proved in the NFL is that no team is to be taken lightly. Key injuries can derail teams. The Bills are not going to blow out every team. I think fans got spoiled last season. In years past a blow out was a welcome treat and now it is expected. The Bills were starving for a 300 yard passer and now are disappointed when Allen throws for less. 

2 hours ago, What a Tuel said:

I asked a question as my concern is that this was the Jets.  When I posted concerns in how the Bills played vs. Miami, was told to quit belly aching.  Then came Jax.

Sorry this I think is worthy to discuss.

10 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I asked a question as my concern is that this was the Jets.  When I posted concerns in how the Bills played vs. Miami, was told to quit belly aching.  Then came Jax.

Sorry this I think is worthy to discuss.

out of all the posts responding to you, this is the only one you reference?

7 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Sunday will tell a lot.  

They beat who they were supposed to beat. Forget the Jags game. Every elite team this year has had a **** game against a team they were totally favored to beat. That's the NFL for you. 

We beat the Jets who beat the Titans who beat us. It's also not just about who you play, but when you play them. If given another chance at a rematch against Jax, they would get destroyed. Allen and the line had a bad game. It happens.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.