Jon Gruden suing the NFL, Roger Goodell

YoloinOhio

Imagine a world where all people who were fired or resigned, because they did something that other employees did, but didn't get in trouble for, are given huge settlements.  First, it creates a zero tolerance policy for ALL work policies/practices, and then requires the employer to fully disclose all misdeeds by all employees equally in a timely manner.  I hope there's a ton of money in that infrastructure for courthouses and law schools.  If his own union didn't stick up for him, and he admitted to the wrong-doing, then this is just sour grapes to get a settlement.  If I were him, I'd be mad, but this kinda stuff happens to people every day, and I don't think the court system untintentionally setting some kind of impossible to manage equal justice for fired employees policies is the answer.  There was no slander or libel here.  These were his own words, so there's no defamation.

Edited by daz28

Pretty sure the rest of the 650,000 emails contain some incriminating statements involving owners in the NFL. What a blunder by Goodell. Regardless of what Chucky said or did, it's pretty obvious the NFL is hiding something. I don't imagine Chuck is going for money, he's going for the jugular. No closed door settlement coming. Have fun Roger. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

41 minutes ago, KzooMike said:

Pretty sure the rest of the 650,000 emails contain some incriminating statements involving owners in the NFL. What a blunder by Goodell. Regardless of what Chucky said or did, it's pretty obvious the NFL is hiding something. I don't imagine Chuck is going for money, he's going for the jugular. No closed door settlement coming. Have fun Roger. 

Does Chucky have the emails?  Does he have a legal right to them?  Would he be able to subpeona them?  These are all important questions.  One would think that, because he filed suit he has them, but the NFL lawyers aren't going to go down easy if he wants to play hardball.  I'm guessing he may have some, and wants settlement money.

13 hours ago, Niagara Bill said:

Doesn't change anything about Chuckie, just pulls more people including Goodell down into the sewer.

Sounds like somebody must fall on their sword and money will change hands.

It's amazing some people are ok with calling Gruden "Chuckie".

5 hours ago, Big Turk said:

You mean other than negotiate the largest TV contracts in history?  

Or made the NFL the most lucrative in sports in history, or taken over for the nightmare of the CTE scandal that Tags was all too happy to let Goodell clean up his mess, and so on.  Goodell is not exactly warm and fuzzy, but he works for the owners, not us and has made them achieve their #1 goal, make a profit (you know like every other corporation on the world).

Gruden may be right he was selectively targeted, but none of us know how this stuff came out.  For all we know it could be someone in the FBI as they were leading this investigation.

im sure there are a lot of bad guys not outed to date, and maybe they will never know.  I am not a fan of Gruden at all, but people had to see these claims coming.

1 hour ago, ProcessTruster said:

the whole thing teaches an important lesson:  be careful what you say in an email as emails can be out there and accessible for a very long time once sent.  

Not just emails but texts, phone calls and even open air conversations are now being secretly recorded a lot of the time. There are cameras in businesses, residences, cars and on public streets. Heck, I wouldn’t be surprised if people started reading your minds and publishing your thoughts in a few years.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.