Jon Gruden suing the NFL, Roger Goodell

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, prissythecat said:

None of this changes the fact that Chucks wrote emails that were misogynistic , homophobic , and racist .   And to make it even more awesome , he wrote them on systems where there is no expectation of privacy .   

Not sure if part 2 of your post is accurate. This has not been scrutinized legally. It's possible you are wrong.

Also, for that matter we have never seen the physical texts of the emails. Never. Everything has been paraphrased by "sources".

• Disagree 1

2 hours ago, boater said:

This.

I'm no Gruden fan either. But there is something fishy about this whole escapade. I foresee the NFL trying to put a lid on it quickly. It prolly has tentacles reaching back to WFT/Snyder and Cowboys/Jones. Let's add in a dash of Kraft/Patriots.. because he's never been too discrete with his personal life.

Half a million emails contains a lot of dirt, no doubt.

My thoughts exactly, and Gruden wouldn’t lawyer up and sue the biggest league in the nation if there was not more to this…were going to see some nasty ***** and hopefully the demise of goodell. 

4 hours ago, bigduke6 said:

gl with that Grudes,   it does seem strange that he was the only person out of all those hundreds of thousands of emails to get busted.   mbe he has a case,   should be fun to watch.    ill assume that if the NFL even remotely believes John may win the lawsuit,  theyll just settle out of court to make it all go away,  like usual,  and we the plebs will never know what really is going on.  standard stuff.

Maybe Gruden is so pissed off he refuses to settle? Wouldn’t that be a fun ride!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Maybe Gruden is so pissed off he refuses to settle? Wouldn’t that be a fun ride!!!!

I hope this is the case. I think Gruden has enough money to live very comfortably,  and he seems like the kind of guy who may be pissed off enough to leave a path of destruction behind. 

12 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I hope this is the case. I think Gruden has enough money to live very comfortably,  and he seems like the kind of guy who may be pissed off enough to leave a path of destruction behind. 

That is what I get out of all this. This will certainly get interesting for sure.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RichRiderBills said:

Not sure if part 2 of your post is accurate. This has not been scrutinized legally. It's possible you are wrong.

Also, for that matter we have never seen the physical texts of the emails. Never. Everything has been paraphrased by "sources".

Gruden used his personal account but sent the emails to the WFT domain…  that’s not private in this scenario

So he was fired because he said things some people don't like. The issue is did he ever fire or not hire someone based on their race, gender, gender identity, daily identity, or extenuating identity of sexual orientation/preference. If not he has his rights to his speech in a lawsuit. 

Edited by thronethinker

1 hour ago, thronethinker said:

So he was fired because he said things some people don't like. The issue is did he ever fire or not hire someone based on their race, gender, gender identity, daily identity, or extenuating identity of sexual orientation/preference. If not he has his rights to his speech in a lawsuit. 

Didn’t he resign?

2 hours ago, thronethinker said:

He wasn't fired.

But his case isn't base on being fired.

8 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Good for Chucky

Goodell has done nothing good for the NFL. He can’t leave the commissioner’s office soon enough for me!

I'd argue Goodell's been spectacular.

Continuously growing popularity and revenue. He's been a terrific commish. He has also served as an excellent lightning rod, sheltering the owners.

But while this lawsuit is over-written, it's a legit gripe that they targeted Gruden and withheld all the rest. He's got a chance at a very sizeable settlement, IMO, and may eventually even force them to reveal the rest, though they'll fight that tooth and nail.

5 hours ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

The problem is the owners love him. They’ve kept him in because he does their budding and is a lightning rod to take the focus off them. That’s all they want ultimately. 

That's not all they want. Their #1 desire is the financial success and growth of the league, which has skyrocketed under Goodell.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, RichRiderBills said:

He was sending emails from his ESPN employee account. No expectation of privacy. 

2 hours ago, thronethinker said:

No, that's not the issue at all.

Getting fired or forced to resign because you said some things your employer doesn't like is S.O.P.

You do have the right to free speech, and Gruden's have not been even slightly inhibited. Has he been thrown in jail? He's got the right to free speech. He does not have a right to hold onto his job regardless of whether his employer likes what he's doing with his right to free speech, or any other aspect of his job performance for that matter.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Process said:

Is Gruden a POS? Probably.

But what the NFL and owners did was BS. They sacrificed him to cover up things that are likely much worse. 

I don't think it's yet clear that the NFL and the owners are the ones who released those emails. Certainly could be someone at the NFL. But it could be someone at WFT, or LVR or a lower-level NFL guy as easily as a high-level decision. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.