Buffalo Bills rooting interests, Week 10

SlimShady'sSpaceForce

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/platform/amp/2021/11/12/22777570/buffalo-bills-rooting-interests-week-10-afc-playoff-picture

** inherent errors written today **
Buffalo Bills rooting interests, Week 10

AFC Playoffs

Tennessee Titans (7-2, 5-1 AFC)

Baltimore Ravens (6-2, 4-2 AFC) *** 6-3

Los Angeles Chargers (5-3, win over LVR)

Buffalo Bills (5-3)

Cleveland Browns (5-4) over New England Patriots (5-4)

New Orleans Saints over Tennessee Titans (7-2)

Minnesota Vikings over Los Angeles Chargers (5-3)

🤣  Detroit Lions over Pittsburgh Steelers (5-3)
Philadelphia Eagles over Denver Broncos (5-4)

Kansas City Chiefs (5-4) over Las Vegas Raiders (5-3)

Oh god, I have to root for the Browns??

Lets go Saints 

would a Chefs/ Raiders tie help or hinder?

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

It’s gonna suck when NE destroys them

I don't see it having much blowout potential.  This is a tough matchup for NE.  It is a home game which helps but, they're playing a team that doesn't turn it over much - and one of the better defenses in the NFL.  Both things NE thrives on - takeaways and bad defenses.  

3 minutes ago, dneveu said:

I don't see it having much blowout potential.  This is a tough matchup for NE.  It is a home game which helps but, they're playing a team that doesn't turn it over much - and one of the better defenses in the NFL.  Both things NE thrives on - takeaways and bad defenses.  

To add to your point they go more with a conservative offense. They run the ball a lot and go with a short passing game. Jones has played well but he is more of a game manager right now as opposed to someone like Allen who is supposed to carry the offense.

To be honest, we probably should root for the Pats**** in that game, even though I won't and will never.

The reason is that we don't play the Browns this year, but we still play the Pats**** twice. So the more Cleveland wins and gets into playoff position, the more we would have to rely on tiebreakers. We want them to lose whenever possible. At least with the Pats*** we can own the tiebreakers with them by beating them twice.

It's not a big thing, really, and it still won't convince me to root for the Pats****, but there's that.

3 hours ago, Rubes said:

To be honest, we probably should root for the Pats**** in that game, even though I won't and will never.

The reason is that we don't play the Browns this year, but we still play the Pats**** twice. So the more Cleveland wins and gets into playoff position, the more we would have to rely on tiebreakers. We want them to lose whenever possible. At least with the Pats*** we can own the tiebreakers with them by beating them twice.

It's not a big thing, really, and it still won't convince me to root for the Pats****, but there's that.

only for desperation to get a 1 seed

until then I want them to lose.  

to many saying they will win the AFCE this year 

:censored: that 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I just don’t see that at all. How?

I don’t think either team “destroys” the other but I would be surprised if NE can move the ball

Agreed its going to be ugly.  

But no Chubb I give the Browns little chance here.  Johnson was nice against the Broncos who were missing like 3 starters in their front 7.

This isn't that team. 

Baker is going to have to make plays.

Same for Jones  - NE isn't going to be able to run it on them.

So the team that runs the quick precision pass game the best.  

RIP Browns season.   5-5 they'll need to go 5-2 at worst down the stretch to make the playoffs.

Cleveland Browns (5-4) over New England Patriots (5-4) . . . Yes, go with the Browns

New Orleans Saints over Tennessee Titans (7-2) . . . Not likely

Minnesota Vikings over Los Angeles Chargers (5-3) . . . Nope

🤣  Detroit Lions over Pittsburgh Steelers (5-3) . . . Nope
Philadelphia Eagles over Denver Broncos (5-4) . . . Nope

Kansas City Chiefs (5-4) over Las Vegas Raiders (5-3) . . . Yes, I would bet this one

Assuming a Bill win, of course, if the Browns and Chiefs come out on top, with the Dolphins win, it will be a good week. A big bonus would be Saints over the Titans (which would not surprise me, but the Titans should win).

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, CSBill said:

Assuming a Bill win, of course, if the Browns and Chiefs come out on top, with the Dolphins win, it will be a good week. A big bonus would be Saints over the Titans (which would not surprise me, but the Titans should win).

Of course 

but the Aints did beat Tampon Bay and Brady 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CSBill said:

Cleveland Browns (5-4) over New England Patriots (5-4) . . . Yes, go with the Browns

New Orleans Saints over Tennessee Titans (7-2) . . . Not likely

Minnesota Vikings over Los Angeles Chargers (5-3) . . . Nope

🤣  Detroit Lions over Pittsburgh Steelers (5-3) . . . Nope
Philadelphia Eagles over Denver Broncos (5-4) . . . Nope

Kansas City Chiefs (5-4) over Las Vegas Raiders (5-3) . . . Yes, I would bet this one

All of our rooting interests could win.  Seriously.  Not just as an 'any given sunday' or LAMP for just in case i'm right.

I was really reminded by the Rockpile review @Shaw66 from a couple weeks ago about how, after November 1, its time for Real football.

If you look at who plays harder, you get Vikings over Chargers.  You get Lions over Steelers.  And for the other 4 games its debatable who plays harder football, but in each of those  games our team (this week) has the better QB (because Tannyhill doesnt really do much, and without D-train running for 250, I dont see Tanny winning anything on any field at any time [or maybe he hasnt shaken off the Miami taint in my mind yet]).

Edited by maddenboy

10 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Agreed its going to be ugly.  

But no Chubb I give the Browns little chance here.  Johnson was nice against the Broncos who were missing like 3 starters in their front 7.

This isn't that team. 

Baker is going to have to make plays.

Same for Jones  - NE isn't going to be able to run it on them.

So the team that runs the quick precision pass game the best.  

RIP Browns season.   5-5 they'll need to go 5-2 at worst down the stretch to make the playoffs.

I don’t think NE will be able to pass the ball, either 

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Rubes said:

Respectfully, we root against the Pats all day, every day.  Not because we can't stand them - but because they're a game behind us for the division right now.  It's very conceivable we could end up in 2nd if they get rolling.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Success said:

Respectfully, we root against the Pats all day, every day.  Not because we can't stand them - but because they're a game behind us for the division right now.  It's very conceivable we could end up in 2nd if they get rolling.

Understood, there is nothing that could get me to root for the Pats**** in any way. But still—if you're thinking about the division title, at this point the main thing is that we can control that by beating them twice. If you're thinking about the division title and conference seeding, you want Cleveland to lose since we can't beat them to get a tiebreaker later on.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.