I hate to say it … but the Pats are coming

dave mcbride

5 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:
33 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Jags was your ugh.. game. Lol it seems very common this year. Also the Steelers when you faced them had one of the toughest D in the league and still do. (I said O I meant D lol)  The Bills could easily be 8-1… just like my Pats could easily be 9-1.. if anything they been weirdly similar this year with a weird bad lass. (Miami, Jags) a tough close loss (TN and Dallas and TB) and 1 loss they just didn’t deserve to win. (Pitt and NO)

I will give you this though, Pats are definitely playing a whole lot better than I predicted or thought they would. Excited to see Bills-Pats game when it comes around

45 minutes ago, Success said:

Were the Browns not a "mess" when you played them yesterday, without most of their starting running game?  How about the Panthers with Darnold?  The Chargers win seemed good at the time, but they might not even make the playoffs at this point.

The Pats wins haven't been more impressive.

Better teams, I don’t care how you slice it those teams are better than every win in your schedule so far minus KC.   Also Cleveland did we just eek out a win? No they were blown out, Carolina blow out,  Jets a huge blow out, and SD was the only close one. 

so yes they faced Playoff caliber teams and blew 2 of them out.  Now the Bills could do the same thing but again your tough schedule starts this week with Indy the equivalent of the Browns..

10 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Every one of the Patriots wins was against an above .500 team.. Bills are yet to beat a team (outside of the 1-0 Dolphins) who have a winning record when they meet.  That’s simple facts.. 

So the Jets were above .500? The Texans were above .500?  Maybe you are thinking about the awesome Panthers who were above .500 because they beat the Giants, Jets, Texans, Atl, Philly.  Lol.  How about a New Orleans team that was without their starting QB when you played them.  I know, you are hyped because the Browns who thrive on running the football without the people that can actually run the football.

Edited by Scott7975

2 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

I will give you this though, Pats are definitely playing a whole lot better than I predicted or thought they would. Excited to see Bills-Pats game when it comes around

I think they will be good games!  Win or lose they are usually fun and the opposing fans usually not that bad.

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

So the Jets were above .500? The Texans were above .500?  Maybe you are thinking about the awesome Panthers who were above .500 because they beat the Giants, Jets, Texans, Atl, Philly.  Lol.  How about a New Orleans team that was without their starting QB when you played them.  I know you are hyped because the Browns who thrive on running the football without the people that can actually run the football.

Umm they had Winston when we faced them! So no idea what your talking about there.  Atlanta was 4-4 last week so hardly a terrible team.  Umm name one team who is above .500 now that you have beaten so far? I’ll help you NONE.  You have 3 losses and have faced 2 above .500 team. Now your going and facing 3 above .500 teams and playoff contenders in 4 weeks with the outlier being a team with a good D and an Average O in Indy.  

Meanwhile the Pats have already faced TB, NO, Dallas (I wish the Bills faced them). The only nome Buffalo game that’s dangerous right now is TN.  So do you see how your team with 3 tough games left to go and mine with 1 gives the Pats a bit of an advantage? Or are the homer glasses so tight you can’t see that the Bills should be at least 8-1 with that schedule? 

2 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Umm they had Winston when we faced them! So no idea what your talking about there.  Atlanta was 4-4 last week so hardly a terrible team.  Umm name one team who is above .500 now that you have beaten so far? I’ll help you NONE.  You have 3 losses and have faced 2 above .500 team. Now your going and facing 3 above .500 teams and playoff contenders in 4 weeks with the outlier being a team with a good D and an Average O in Indy.  

Meanwhile the Pats have already faced TB, NO, Dallas (I wish the Bills faced them). The only nome Buffalo game that’s dangerous right now is TN.  So do you see how your team with 3 tough games left to go and mine with 1 gives the Pats a bit of an advantage? Or are the homer glasses so tight you can’t see that the Bills should be at least 8-1 with that schedule? 

Chiefs are 6-4 and they will win that division.

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PatsFanNH said:

Who cares none of it matters.  Stop taking a dump in our house.  Come back during your game week and talk trash AFTER you win.  Thats when you talk trash.  Also make sure you are here to be humbled if you lose after talking all this trash.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

I think they will be good games!  Win or lose they are usually fun and the opposing fans usually not that bad.

Yeah will certainly be more interesting game than I imagined before the start of the season. I had Pats finishing at 6-11 or 7-10 at best when predicting before season records.

Matt Jones has surprised me the most so far. I thought he would be laughable, but I was wrong, as of now anyway.

14 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Better teams, I don’t care how you slice it those teams are better than every win in your schedule so far minus KC.   Also Cleveland did we just eek out a win? No they were blown out, Carolina blow out,  Jets a huge blow out, and SD was the only close one. 

so yes they faced Playoff caliber teams and blew 2 of them out.  Now the Bills could do the same thing but again your tough schedule starts this week with Indy the equivalent of the Browns..

Double standard. You basically disqualified the Bills win at KC, and now it's all about "better teams."

Is it "better teams," or teams that are struggling when you play them?

Doesn't matter. We'll see how everything shakes out.  I'm sure in New England, everyone thinks that Jones is as good as Brady, the Pats are ready to start another 20 year run & that everyone they beat is amazing.

LAMP... I've posted warnings about the Patsies 4 weeks ago. Why were people so slow to learn?

Turn your time machine back 4 weeks and the Patsies were a serious threat. I guess Bills fans were too drunk on their success at that time to realize it.

Go ahead flame me. But I'm right.. the Pats were a threat as early as 4 weeks ago.

• Eyeroll 1

11 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Honestly if you want to talk about tough games coming up on schedule, then look no further than your very own Pats. After Falcons the Pats have Tenn, Bills, Colts, and Bills again. Maybe the toughest part of Pats schedule.

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Every one of the Patriots wins was against an above .500 team..... That’s simple facts.. 

I'm trying to figure this out.

Record of opponent at the time of Patriots wins:

Jets (0-1)

Texans (1-3)

Jets (1-4)

Chargers (4-2)

Panthers (4-4)

Browns (5-4)

So basically, your argument amounts to, the Patriots beat the Chargers (who are now 5-4) and the Browns (who are now 5-5), so that makes them better than the Bills, who beat KC (who are now 5-4)?  

I think those words "simple facts" may not mean what you think it means.

50 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

The Bills could easily be 8-1… just like my Pats could easily be 9-1.

I mean, if we're exploring that the Land of Might Have Been, why stop there?  10-0 Baby!

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Success said:

Double standard. You basically disqualified the Bills win at KC, and now it's all about "better teams."

Is it "better teams," or teams that are struggling when you play them?

Doesn't matter. We'll see how everything shakes out.  I'm sure in New England, everyone thinks that Jones is as good as Brady, the Pats are ready to start another 20 year run & that everyone they beat is amazing.

Lol, yeah kinda similar thing with all that big talk of Jets QB White. Some tend to jump the gun a little early at times. Although Jones is better than White imo, but whatever the case point being too early for the high expectations with a rookie 10 games in. 

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Patriots wins:

Jets (0-1)

Texans (1-3)

Jets (1-4)

Chargers (4-2)

Panthers (4-4)

Browns (5-4)

So basically, your argument amounts to, the Patriots beat the Chargers and the Browns?

Lol, seems he must have forgotten his Pats have a very tough 4 game stretch after the Falcons. Tenn, Bills, Colts, Bills. He better hope Pats don't have an upset game like many others and end up losing to Atlanta lol, The upset bug has been going around as of late...

Edited by Sheneneh Jenkins

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

Really, the loss to Miami puts the Pats in a deep hole, along with being behind in the loss column.  The only way the Pats can win the division is to sweep the Bills.  Lose one and you are at 5 losses and lose the tiebreaker.  So you need the Bills to lose 6 games.  The Bills will be prohibitive favorites at home against Carolina Jets and Falcons.  One win against the Pats and Bills are at 10 wins. Bills then need just one win from TB Pats2 Colts or NO to get to 11. You will need 12 wins.  That means you have to win every other game to get to 12.  Not gonna happen IMO.  Pats have no edge. Pats can win it, but odds are roughly one in five.  I know you have homer glasses, but math is math.

Edited by Casey D

4 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Lol, yeah kinda similar thing with all that big talk of Jets QB White. Some tend to jump the gun a little early at times. Although Jones is better than White imo, but whatever the case point being too early for the high expectations with a rookie 10 games in. 

I'm probably too defensive about it - it's not like I didn't have 2 decades of sugarcoating the Bills prospects and believing when there was no reason to. And Pats fans have more reason to than I ever did in that time.  They still have the best coach in the league, and Jones does look good.

Still, I don't necessarily want to hear about it here on a Bills board.  I'm still working through my Patriots issues and this is my safe space.

• Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Record of opponent at the time of Patriots wins:

Jets (0-1)

Texans (1-3)

Jets (1-4)

Chargers (4-2)

Panthers (4-4)

Browns (5-4)

So basically, your argument amounts to, the Patriots beat the Chargers (who are now 5-4) and the Browns (who are now 5-5), so that makes them better than the Bills, who beat KC (who are now 5-4)?  

I think those words "simple facts" may not mean what you think it means.

I mean, if we're exploring that the Land of Might Have Been, why stop there?  10-0 Baby!

New Year Dont Do It GIF by DreamWorks Trolls

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

Every one of the Patriots wins was against an above .500 team.. Bills are yet to beat a team (outside of the 1-0 Dolphins) who have a winning record when they meet.  That’s simple facts.. 

Your point was that KC was not good when the Bills beat them. The same can be said for the Chargers, Panthers, and Browns when the Pats**** beat them. Don't change the narrative.

I believe the Pats have a good team and the games between them and the Bills will be tough. But don't play semantics and try to say the ".500" teams the Pats**** beat were very good at the time they beat them. They weren't. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Jrb1979 said:

Just a football fan in general. I'm mostly here to chat about that other team in Buffalo that gets disrespected here. 

So you're not a Bills fan.  Got it.

1 minute ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Why are we even arguing about strength of schedule? It's just a form of mental *****.  The Bills and Patriots play twice, we'll know after those two games which is the better team.

Well, I hope we will.

There's always the Zebra factor, and the still-lingering belief that when you play in Foxborough, Stuff Just Happens

24 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well, I hope we will.

There's always the Zebra factor, and the still-lingering belief that when you play in Foxborough, Stuff Just Happens

Agree, but all we need to do IMO is split with the Pats and then beat the Jets.  Even if we drop an extra game we'll win the Division on the 2nd tie breaker (division record).

26 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So you're not a Bills fan.  Got it.

Well, I hope we will.

Point out when was the last time the bills played in foxboro there was an issue? An actually legitimate issue?

Edited by Ghost_002!

40 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Why are we even arguing about strength of schedule? It's just a form of mental *****.  The Bills and Patriots play twice, we'll know after those two games which is the better team.

Yup and they both play the same teams anyways, all besides like 1 or 2 different opponents lol. Makes no sense....

14 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

Point out when was the last time the bills played in foxboro there was an issue? An actually legitimate issue?

Not to speak for him and all, but I think he meant in general and not Bills specifically. Just a guess, could be wrong. That's how I interpreted it anyways

10 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

I've moved past mild concern to serious concern over the Patriots and no rational fan can say the Bills are playing better right now just because we smashed another pathetic team with a QB that had less than a handful of starts yesterday.

Pats are a very complete team and Mac Jones is not a game manager for those who have been paying attention in recent weeks. The metrics say he's been playing at an elite level which is insane giving the circumstances as a rookie QB.

Not going to be the popular opinion here but at this point I think the Pats cruise to the division this year given their remaining schedule and best case will be splitting with them and securing the top WC spot as the #5 seed.

10 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Either way the Bills margin of error the rest of the way is slim to zero.

What's more vomit inducing is the fact the Pats found another QB so fast after one down season with Cam Newton, but even then they still managed 7 wins.

But looking at the rest of the Pats schedule, outside of the Bills MNF game you can argue they will be the favorites in every game left (including TEN at home). I honestly won't be surprised if the game in Buffalo is considered PICK EM either unless the Bills truly show some dominance these next few games against the Saints and Colts.

Heluva troll job, man.  Well done.  Just go away.  Christ.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

Your point was that KC was not good when the Bills beat them. The same can be said for the Chargers, Panthers, and Browns when the Pats**** beat them. Don't change the narrative.

I believe the Pats have a good team and the games between them and the Bills will be tough. But don't play semantics and try to say the ".500" teams the Pats**** beat were very good at the time they beat them. They weren't. 

Ahh a rewrite of history.. the fact people picked the Browns beat the pats outright even on game day.. your response “pfft they were trash” when they faced the Chargers people were saying “The Pats will be rolled the Chargers O can’t be stopped” Heck even the Panthers the expert  thought they would win.   

I know your a scared Bills fan afraid say they were good wins.. I don’t know why, your team has only played 3 good teams and haven’t faced the gauntlet yet. The Bills could excel or fall flat we don’t know until they play.  But the Pats gone threw their huge gauntlet and we know who they are.. we don’t know yet about the Bills.. we will soon. 

1 hour ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Not to speak for him and all, but I think he meant in general and not Bills specifically. Just a guess, could be wrong. That's how I interpreted it anyways

The only teams have “issues” in fox borough with equipment are Indy and Pitt. The funny thing is the Pats don’t do anything wrong equipment the NFL runs all of it. But for some reason basic fans never seem realize this or care.

3 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

The only teams have “issues” in fox borough with equipment are Indy and Pitt. The funny thing is the Pats don’t do anything wrong equipment the NFL runs all of it. But for some reason basic fans never seem realize this or care

From what Sanchez is saying in that post up thread, it sounds like he had an issue also.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'll let Mark Sanchez explain

So that's why Mark Sanchez was never a great QB or barely ever beat the pats. Because his headset went out "allegedly"? The ole "greatest trick the devil ever pulled..." and fans and teams eat it up. 

I mean nothing ever came out it but it's the patriots so it must be true, right?..Joe Judge was just complaining about his headsets not working when the Giants played the chiefs....buuuuuuut it's only in foxboro, "allegedly"

1 hour ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

If so, then a Bills fan shouldn't have any issue since there is no case of anything happening to your team. So when you play them, you are playing them on fair terms and equal grounds...

Edited by Ghost_002!

25 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

From what Sanchez is saying in that post up thread, it sounds like he had an issue also.

I always laugh at this stuff. From Sanchez Jets team...

jets.jpg

looks like a jets coach tripping an opposing player running with the ball....emmm 

Edited by Ghost_002!
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

f so, then a Bills fan shouldn't have any issue since there is no case of anything happening to your team. So when you play them, you are playing them on fair terms and equal grounds..

Doesn't have anything to do with whether Bills have had an issue or not. Point is with all the talk it has drawn an situation where many don't trust

Edited by Sheneneh Jenkins
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Doesn't have anything to do with whether Bills have had an issue or not. Point is with all the talk it has drawn an not trusting situation

well....and if any coach or player spends anytime thinking more  "what could be" than the actually game plan you already lost. If nothing has happened what is there to worry about..i mean overall teams are suppose to keep things away from other teams right...playbooks, game plans, signal calls...etc. 

Edited by Ghost_002!

1 minute ago, Ghost_002! said:

well....and if any coach or player spends anytime thinking more  "what could be" than the actually game plan you already lost. If nothing has happened what is there to worry about..i mean overall teams are suppose to keep things away from other teams right...playbooks, game plans, signals calls...etc. 

Not talking about coaches and players. You said Bills fan shouldn't worry about it. I'm telling you why some fans do talk about it.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Not talking about coaches and players. You said Bills fan shouldn't worry about it. I'm telling you why some fans do talk about it.

cool...that part was talking in general about teams and coaches, the very thought that teams have to think the patriots are cheating is already an edge to them even though there isn't anything there. (the ole devil trick)....my thought about the fans can be the same as well....but overall nothing has happened, so what is there to worry about? 20 plus years and NOTHING. I get what you are saying, but still; Nothing. 

Edited by Ghost_002!

7 hours ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

“Butt Fumble” boy! Please there was never a need to do anything extra with him! That just proves it’s not a team thing. Again the NFL is in charge of all equipment.  

8 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Ahh a rewrite of history.. the fact people picked the Browns beat the pats outright even on game day.. your response “pfft they were trash” when they faced the Chargers people were saying “The Pats will be rolled the Chargers O can’t be stopped” Heck even the Panthers the expert  thought they would win.   

I know your a scared Bills fan afraid say they were good wins.. I don’t know why, your team has only played 3 good teams and haven’t faced the gauntlet yet. The Bills could excel or fall flat we don’t know until they play.  But the Pats gone threw their huge gauntlet and we know who they are.. we don’t know yet about the Bills.. we will soon. 

Look, I know you are back on your team's bandwagon and good for you. If you feel the need to go on another team's message board to try to convince fans of another team and yourself that the Chargers, Browns, and Panthers were some kind of "gauntlet" and playing great football when they played your team, in order to rationalize to yourself that your team deserves the lofty status it now occupies in your mind, feel free.

Regardless, the truth is this: It doesn't matter who your team has played or who the Bills have played, or what the outcomes of those games were. None of that has any relevance to the games ahead between the two teams, or with other teams. We will know when they play each other and at the end of the year where the two stand.

Until then, spend your time thumping your chest on the message boards of other teams to manage your fragile psyche and to keep your little world from falling apart. I guess it is cheaper than a therapist. 

It all seems somewhat pathetic to me, but I try not to judge.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Look, I know you are back on your team's bandwagon and good for you. If you feel the need to go on another team's message board to try to convince fans of another team and yourself that the Chargers, Browns, and Panthers were some kind of "gauntlet" and playing great football when they played your team, in order to rationalize to yourself that your team deserves the lofty status it now occupies in your mind, feel free.

Regardless, the truth is this: It doesn't matter who your team has played or who the Bills have played, or what the outcomes of those games were. None of that has any relevance to the games ahead between the two teams, or with other teams. We will know when they play each other and at the end of the year where the two stand.

Until then, spend your time thumping your chest on the message boards of other teams to manage your fragile psyche and to keep your little world from falling apart. I guess it is cheaper than a therapist. 

It all seems somewhat pathetic to me, but I try not to judge.

Whose thumping their chest?  I think it just spiraled out of control.

I originally said I know what my Pats are because of who they have faced. (They have faced two top 3 O’s and 2 Top 10 D)That is a good team with the potential be great in the near future.

I then said we don’t know who Buffalo is because they haven’t faced a truly rough stretch yet. Now tough means teams they are facing not losses.. Hell even in a loss if the team looked good and it was just bad luck can tell you something. (For example the AZ game last year.)

I have said all year the Pats are a fringe playoff team and the Bills should be SB contenders.  That could change depending on these next 4 weeks where the Bills face playoff contenders.. Bills could be who we thought they were or prove us wrong in which case the Pats would be AFCE champs again. 

now are you saying the Bills have truly been tested by any true metal of the league in regards to Offense? They have faced a tough D in Pitt but that’s it.. 

• Eyeroll 1

I trust Frazier/McDermott against young inexperienced QBs……not at all scared of Mac Jones and his 13 TD passes in 10 games in which 3 of them just came against the Browns.

Not taking anything away from Mac Jones, but if he was putting up these same stats for any team other than the Pats he wouldn’t be getting near the hype. It’s not like he’s lighting up the NFL……he’s avg 233 yards and 1.3 touchdowns a game.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.