Bills Classless Again [Edit: FinHeaven message board]

Process

30 minutes ago, Awwufelloff said:

I don't like what Allen did at the end of the game either. There is no reason to do that. You're a leader, you don't continuously wave bye to a team that you just beat. Brady would never do that.

Nah, Brady just refuses the most basic of sportsmanship mores, in refusing to shake hands after taking an L…something I’ve never seen Josh do. 
https://www.newsweek.com/tom-brady-walks-off-field-not-shake-hands-jared-goff-bucs-loss-1549736

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Nah, Brady just refuses the most basic of sportsmanship mores, in refusing to shake hands after taking an L…something I’ve never seen Josh do. 
https://www.newsweek.com/tom-brady-walks-off-field-not-shake-hands-jared-goff-bucs-loss-1549736

I mean I'd be annoyed but my frustration would be more focused on us not playing well not the other team having fun when they are.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Well, that just showed me why I don’t go to other team’s message boards. There are some complete idiots, and some intelligent people, and I don’t want to take the time to figure out who is who. I have enough trouble keeping track here.    :)

While here we are entirely populated by gentlemen adventurers and warrior poets.

• Haha (+1) 1

I think for the Phins fans today, they see this as the beginning of their futility. Sort of like the 98 “walk off game” where the Pats went for two with no time on the clock. 

I think they’re wrong. I didn’t love the Allen “waiving bye” thing. Never give anybody a reason to try and beat you. A friend at the game told me the Miami D started the game with the same gesture. I’m more ok with it now.

I get their frustration here but it’s misplaced. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, pigpen65 said:

I don't think it was classless, but I do think it was purposeful and would love to know what went down that made them want to shove it down their throat.

I think ya going for two was just a result of the Dolphins going for two (when most teams would have went for one) and getting it earlier. The Bills wanted to be up 17 rather than 15.

McDermott certainly isn’t classless. Josh gets emotional and I get opponents not liking it when they are on the losing side. In the end the phins are starting to feel like we did with the Pats**** all those years where the gap between teams and especially quarterbacks are so enormous. So nothing left to do but criticize how the Bills win.

• Like (+1) 1

As a fan, I was enjoying the win like everyone else. But I suspect McDermott may take Josh aside and tell him to tone it down a bit. Humble and Hungry is the mantra. Josh’s bye bye and power flexing isn’t how McD wants to win I think. Keeping egos in check, never too high, never too low is part of the process. 

• Like (+1) 1

The Bills going for 2 was kinda weird.

I guess it was a makeup call for the Dolphins going for 2 down 17-9. That was weird too.

And how often have the Pats ran up the score on the Bills?

This is the NFL….. stop em or go be a ballerina or something.

3 minutes ago, njbuff said:

The Bills going for 2 was kinda weird.

I guess it was a makeup call for the Dolphins going for 2 down 17-9. That was weird too.

And how often have the Pats ran up the score on the Bills?

This is the NFL….. stop em or go be a ballerina or something.

Analytics say to go for it on two down eight in the 4th quarter since they moved the extra point from 20 to 33 yards.   The odds of converting a 2-point conversion once in one try are higher than failing twice in two tries.  Colts did it last year in the playoff game.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

I mean you have to do something on the play, an extra point isn't a no contact play, might as well practice something you might need later.

2 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Cost me a FF point with Bass

Cost me $10 on a bet that the final score total would be an even number.

*edit*

But to be fair, the TD did win me multiple other bets leading to a net profit on the day, so I wasn't too broken up over it.

Edited by 1ManRaid
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Awwufelloff said:

I don't like what Allen did at the end of the game either. There is no reason to do that. You're a leader, you don't continuously wave bye to a team that you just beat. Brady would never do that.

Ask Mathieu if Tom Brady would do something like that. 

Remember when he threw a TD pass on Matthieu, and then chased him down to run it in? 

People are just too soft these days.

To be honest I thought Allen was kinda douchey at the end with Wilkins especially with all the waving, I didn’t rewind to see what he was upset about and avoided the gameday thread cause yuck.. 
But…… I’m pretty sure at the end when Allen was hugging Tua Wilkins was standing there waiting to talk to him to hash it out which I thought was cool. Phins fans can be mad, I kinda get it with how their season has went, but Allen seems pretty respected by fellow players and that’s all that really matters 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Rc2catch said:

To be honest I thought Allen was kinda douchey at the end with Wilkins especially with all the waving, I didn’t rewind to see what he was upset about and avoided the gameday thread cause yuck.. 
But…… I’m pretty sure at the end when Allen was hugging Tua Wilkins was standing there waiting to talk to him to hash it out which I thought was cool. Phins fans can be mad, I kinda get it with how their season has went, but Allen seems pretty respected by fellow players and that’s all that really matters 

Wilkins had ahold of Allen’s leg and then rolled. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BuffBillsForLife said:

Wow they really, really, really want to see Allen get a career-ending injury on that message board, yikes.

I take it as a compliment. When Brady tore his ACL how many people here can honestly say they didn't take a little pleasure out of it? That is how Dolphins fans see Allen now. They can slow him down but they can't stop him and he'll be a force in the division for the next 15 years.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Dude tried to gator roll his leg

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Hsker4life said:

Wilkins had ahold of Allen’s leg and then rolled. 

5 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Dude tried to gator roll his leg

According to Chris Collinsworth that’s ok when you play Josh Allen. It was still over the top with the waving imo. You’ve already crushed their soul multiple times. But like I said I didn’t rewind so I didn’t see how bad it might of been. I’d obviously have a different tune if Allen had been injured 

• Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.