SNF: Colts at 49ers

YoloinOhio

Just now, Wyobills89 said:

That should be a safety, if he didn't touch the ball it would be inside the 20. Now he kicked it into the end zone they get it at the 25? In my opinion that's a safety.

His kick did not propel the ball into the end zone.  The momentum of the punt did.

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

I mean balls often speed up  after hitting the ground....I mean that's how physics work right?

But he kicked it. Replay showed that. Why did the returner make the effort to recover the ball then?

Edited by PromoTheRobot

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

So if you flub a punt, just kick it out of the end zone and get a touchback?

I think if he purposely kicked the ball out of the end zone and the ball would not have gone through the end zone save for the kick, that is a different story and would be ruled a safety.

2 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I think in that case it's a safety.  You have to regain possession.  

That's what they said was key...the player gained possession of the ball.

You'd think nowadays with the enhanced home viewing experience, fantasy and gambling taking off, etc.... all newly built stadiums would be enclosed. 

3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Didn't they still have Andrew Luck?

I don't want excuses.

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Here’s the kicker. I just went through old Bengals seasons and Chris Collinsworth never lost a game in Buffalo. 

I think he might be referring to the Bills/Bengals game from 1989?  The Bills won that game 24 - 7 and I was at Rich Stadium for the game. I remember it rained a bit and it was cold/windy.  I checked the stats for that game and Collinsworth didn't have a catch.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I think he might be referring to the Bills/Bengals game from 1989?  The Bills won that game 24 - 7 and I was at Rich Stadium for the game. I remember it rained a bit and it was cold/windy.  I checked the stats for that game and Collinsworth didn't have a catch.

Wait CC wasn't playing in 1989.

6 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

No.  It was November in 1985 and it was 50 degrees out when his 62 game catch streak ended.  He doesn't have the greatest memory as they won 23-17.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/198511030buf.htm

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.