SNF: Colts at 49ers

YoloinOhio

18 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

But people want a new open air stadium for the Bills because....

Not me....dome me know...

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

Well that does it.  Colts move up ahead of the Chiefs to boot.  

KC is seeded #11.  Wow.

Now go out and beat Vrabel next week Frank.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

Monday morning reflections:

- If you like flags and fumbles this was the game for you!

- In the time I have been trying to grade draft prospects (since 2014) I have only given three running backs first round grades. Zeke, Dalvin Cook and Jonathan Taylor. The kid is an absolute stud and there is no offense in the NFL more reliant on its running back than Indianapolis right now. I even include Tennessee in that because they at least have a viable play action game (not saying Taylor is better than Henry, he clearly isn't). Without Taylor Indy's offense goes nowhere. He averaged 5.9 per carry last night. Indy's other two backs had 11 carries for 18 yards. 

- I think you have to give some credit to Carson Wentz. I have been his biggest critic and I still think what he is giving Indy is bottom 3rd of the league Quarterback play but at the moment he is making just enough throws. The true tests will come against Tennessee, Buffalo, Tampa, Las Vegas and Arizona where they have to keep up with offenses that can score.

- Without George Kittle San Fran's passing game is anaemic. It is play action to Deebo on a crossing route, rinse and repeat. The Colts tightened up on him and Jimmy just started throwing it into the dirt. Kyle Shanahan says he "guesses" he will stay with Jimmy as his starter. I wouldn't. Rip the band aid off. This season is going nowhere. Once Lance is healthy get him on the field. 

- Talking of Shanahan..... this will be 4 losing seasons out of 5. I know the one winning season they made the Superbowl, but man... his seat MUST be warming up right now. 

- I want to give some love to Josh Norman. I think he was overpaid here last year and he took a lot of heat for the Derrick Henry stiff arm, etc, but he made some plays for us at times including a key forced fumble in the win at Vegas. He had two forced fumbles and one really nice pass breakup last night. He isn't the play he was in his prime, that's clear, but he was a great teammate here and spoke glowingly about the organisation and the people after leaving Buffalo. I can't help but root for him. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.