Alec Baldwin accidentally kills movie crew member (real bullet accidentally put in prop gun)

8 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Not sure if it’s in this clip, but Baldwin says he feels no guilt over her death.   

6 hours ago, Doc said:

Yeah, he said he felt no guilt. 

It's in this clip, about the 20 second mark...

Former Buffalo Bill player Dean Cain weighs in on Alec Baldwin's interview about on-set shooting

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Doc said:

Really dumb idea to give that interview.  Incredibly stupid.

Everyone:  Please do not do this interview!  It's could likely be the worst career move EVER! 

Alec:  Will there be cameras?

Everyone:  Well of course

Alec:  I'm in!!  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 12/5/2021 at 9:13 AM, Doc said:

he doesn't know that it's the hammer that is key in the whole process, not just the trigger (which actuates the hammer).  I've never shot a gun and even I know that.

Just for clarity, on a double action weapon, the trigger pull, in most cases, both ***** the hammer and actuates to strike the primer...unless you have first manually cocked the hammer.

Single action: the hammer must first be manually "cocked" then the trigger pull fires the weapon. This is done with each round fired.

Bottom line, in any event: this jackalope broke basically all of the 4 golden rules of gun safety. It's almost impossible to comprehend the stupidity.

Edited by Dukestreetking
Flagged/corrected for dumbassery.
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Dukestreetking said:

Just for clarity, on a double action weapon, the trigger does NOT actuate the hammer-striking-primer process.

The hammer must first be manually "cocked" then the trigger pull fires the weapon.

Single action: as a general matter, a trigger pull completes the firing process (some nuances I won't mention).

Bottom line: this jackalope broke basically all of the 4 golden rules of gun safety. It's almost impossible to comprehend the stupidity.

True, (after looking it up) not all triggers actuate the hammer. But isn’t it actually double action that does both and single action needs a manually cocked hammer?

On 12/4/2021 at 9:14 PM, reddogblitz said:

Can't a professional actor act like there was recoil?

They could but you've got three things to line up then...FX sound, FX image, and the acting. Some real editing to do there. On a big Marvel movie, I bet they could make it look perfect every time, they've got the money. Most other movies I don't think could take the time, or have the money. They use blanks and get it all in one shot. Plus, the reaction is probably much more "real" due to the bang.

11 hours ago, Dukestreetking said:

Just for clarity, on a double action weapon, the trigger does NOT actuate the hammer-striking-primer process.

The hammer must first be manually "cocked" then the trigger pull fires the weapon.

Single action: as a general matter, a trigger pull completes the firing process (some nuances I won't mention).

Bottom line: this jackalope broke basically all of the 4 golden rules of gun safety. It's almost impossible to comprehend the stupidity.

You have this backward.  Single action - the hammer must be cocked and then you pull the trigger to actuate the hammer.  Double action - the trigger ***** the hammer and actuates the hammer in one pull.  

Doh! Never, ever reply after midnight! @Danand @Irv you are absolutely correct.

The (sort of) mnemonic device is single action does just one thing--trigger drops hammer-- while double action does two...trigger pull both ***** and drops hammer (though latter can still be manually manipulated.

I think in my sleep haze I torqued it up...I've only known this for about 35 years.

Sorry for the confusion boys, and thanks for the assist. Will correct above.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Dukestreetking said:

Doh! Never, ever reply after midnight! @Danand @Irv you are absolutely correct.

The (sort of) mnemonic device is single action does just one thing--trigger drops hammer-- while double action does two...trigger pull both ***** and drops hammer (though latter can still be manually manipulated.

I think in my sleep haze I torqued it up...I've only known this for about 35 years.

Sorry for the confusion boys, and thanks for the assist. Will correct above.

Real nice.  I was out messing around with a single action prop gun telling people not to worry because “my boy Duke told me how all this works”.  I coulda shot my eye out! 

• Haha (+1) 1

I am so ashamed my friend. As penance to you and TBD I've joined Opus Dei. The flogging will continue until my posts are improved.

On another note: I actually carried 3 different double action sidearms in The Lands of Real Pow-Pows and Pew-Pews.

Baretta m9, Sig 226, and primarily Glock 19. Along w my M4 of course.

If they would've handed me a single action Colt, I would've definitely shot myself in the face!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

• 1 month later...

I’VE SEEN THIS MOVIE BEFORE: 

Alec Baldwin Wants to Find the Real Killer.

“Alec Baldwin still hasn’t given his cellphone to the New Mexico police investigating the death of Halyna Hutchins, the woman Baldwin shot last October on the set of the never-to-be-completed film Rust. And you’ll never guess who the real victim is…”

https://jimtreacher.substack.com/p/alec-baldwin-wants-to-find-the-real

• Haha (+1) 1

Baldwin too busy playing Trump on SNL and raging on the paparazzi to pay attention to safety on his movie set.  End result is a manslaughter charge.  Guns are not toys.  He should be tried and convicted just like Kim Potter.  What a mess.  

Edited by Irv
  • Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Irv said:

Baldwin too busy playing Trump on SNL and raging on the paparazzi to pay attention to safety on his movie set.  End result is a manslaughter charge.  Guns are not toys.  He should be tried and convicted just like Kim Potter.  What a mess.  

Interesting correlation. 

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
52 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

No way he goes to jail 

This is a tough situation.  I think AB is a bit of a lunatic, and really had no issues with attempts to railroad Trump.  It seemed in addition that he was eventually going to end up in jail due to his rage issues.

This case was tragic.  Never should have happened, a wife and mother killed senselessly, and Baldwin in trouble.  As much a dbag as he can be, what a sad turn his life took when he ran that production.  It sounded like a complete sh$T show from a process standpoint. 

That said, as we see here, no one is above the law (other than those that clearly are). Manslaughter seems like the right charge, and letting everyone off the hook would seem to be a miscarriage of justice.   

As he begins the process of defending himself, one has to wonder if he was open and honest (there are allegations he was not), whether he cooperated fully or used his counsel to shield him from exposure, and recognize the old standard that if he has nothing to hide, he’ll be fine.   It’s sort of bizzarely Trumpian, really, though on his case someone died. 

10 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

This is a tough situation.  I think AB is a bit of a lunatic, and really had no issues with attempts to railroad Trump.  It seemed in addition that he was eventually going to end up in jail due to his rage issues.

This case was tragic.  Never should have happened, a wife and mother killed senselessly, and Baldwin in trouble.  As much a dbag as he can be, what a sad turn his life took when he ran that production.  It sounded like a complete sh$T show from a process standpoint. 

That said, as we see here, no one is above the law (other than those that clearly are). Manslaughter seems like the right charge, and letting everyone off the hook would seem to be a miscarriage of justice.   

As he begins the process of defending himself, one has to wonder if he was open and honest (there are allegations he was not), whether he cooperated fully or used his counsel to shield him from exposure, and recognize the old standard that if he has nothing to hide, he’ll be fine.   It’s sort of bizzarely Trumpian, really, though on his case someone died. 

I’ll have to read what actually happened. I commented on it but am not in command of the facts. I just know the basic idea of what happened. Involuntary manslaughter means he created a dangerous situation, that went wrong. Will be interesting to see. 

Of course, he will have the best lawyers. $$$ matters, nothing can change that 

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

I’ll have to read what actually happened. I commented on it but am not in command of the facts. I just know the basic idea of what happened. Involuntary manslaughter means he created a dangerous situation, that went wrong. Will be interesting to see. 

Of course, he will have the best lawyers. $$$ matters, nothing can change that 

you've never let facts get in the way of your narrative before. why this time? he showed up to a place with a loaded gun and therefore put everyone at risk and therefore he is a murderer right?

2 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

you've never let facts get in the way of your narrative before. why this time? he showed up to a place with a loaded gun and therefore put everyone at risk and therefore he is a murderer right?

No, that’s stilL manslaughter 

3 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

In other words, situation normal. 

Abby normal 

He admitted he pulled the hammer back and let it go.  That (the hammer striking the bullet) is how you fire a gun.  Since he's an executive producer, he can't just say "I don't have responsibility for there being a live bullet in the gun."

30 minutes ago, Doc said:

So last night I saw an excerpt from an interview with the New Mexico DA and she said they have proof that he actually pulled the trigger.  I wonder if he'll do jail time?

Baldwin himself had a hard time answering why he even had the gun pointed at her when it wasn't in the script.

4 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Did he know there was a live round in the gun? 

Doesn't matter in his case.  He pointed a gun at someone and pulled the trigger.  The armorer is getting nailed as well for there being a live bullet.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Did he know there was a live round in the gun? 

I'd think that would lead to a murder charge, pointing a gun at an individual, knowing it had a live round and pulling the trigger.  

The problem with him being more than a bit crazy over the past couple decades is that it's not really all that far-fetched.  

7 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I'd think that would lead to a murder charge, pointing a gun at an individual, knowing it had a live round and pulling the trigger.  

The problem with him being more than a bit crazy over the past couple decades is that it's not really all that far-fetched.  

Yes, if he had known there was a live bullet, that's murder, not involuntary manslaughter.  I give him the BOTD that he didn't know there was a live bullet.  But as executive director, he can't just say "it's not my responsibility."  It is.

Although Baldwin was the one that pulled the trigger I don't know how he can bear the brunt of this him self the person that was responsible for loading the gun should accept some of the blame one would think .

I would think that anyone pointing a gun at another person would have the fore thought to check it out them selves to make sure this type of thing wouldn't happen as their personal responsibility but to put it all on him not sure if that is the right thing to do .

This was a terrible thing & i just hope that in some way they learn from it & safety guide lines become a lot tighter in the future .

39 minutes ago, T master said:

Although Baldwin was the one that pulled the trigger I don't know how he can bear the brunt of this him self the person that was responsible for loading the gun should accept some of the blame one would think .

I would think that anyone pointing a gun at another person would have the fore thought to check it out them selves to make sure this type of thing wouldn't happen as their personal responsibility but to put it all on him not sure if that is the right thing to do .

This was a terrible thing & i just hope that in some way they learn from it & safety guide lines become a lot tighter in the future .

She is.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Alec Baldwin Baffled That He, Not The Gun, Will Be Charged With Manslaughter

BY: EVITA DUFFY-ALFONSO

alec-1200x675.png

District Attorney Mary Carmack-Altwies announced plans on Thursday to charge actor and anti-gun activist Alec Baldwin with two counts of involuntary manslaughter in the fatal shooting of Halyna Hutchins on the set of the Western movie “Rust.” Baldwin is responsible for pointing the gun at Hutchins and failing to make sure the gun and supposedly dummy ammunition were properly checked, according to prosecutors.

Despite his blatant disregard for gun safety, Baldwin is bewildered punishment has been levied against him, with his attorney claiming the charges are a “terrible miscarriage of justice.” As an anti-Second Amendment activist who has a habit of demonizing the gun in criminal shootings instead of the person pulling the trigger, Baldwin is probably perplexed that he, not the weapon itself, is being slapped with criminal charges.

{snip}

Ultimately, Baldwin’s failure to take personal responsibility is emblematic of the entire anti-Second Amendment movement. The unconstitutional gun “reforms” (i.e., bans) that Baldwin and other anti-gun activists advocate for lay blame for gun-related homicides on the firearms, not the shooters. Such an approach treats the symptom, not the disease — and makes as much logical sense as Baldwin trying to duck the blame for his own actions.

https://thefederalist.com/2023/01/20/alec-baldwin-baffled-that-he-not-the-gun-will-be-charged-with-manslaughter/

36 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Alec Baldwin Baffled That He, Not The Gun, Will Be Charged With Manslaughter

BY: EVITA DUFFY-ALFONSO

alec-1200x675.png

District Attorney Mary Carmack-Altwies announced plans on Thursday to charge actor and anti-gun activist Alec Baldwin with two counts of involuntary manslaughter in the fatal shooting of Halyna Hutchins on the set of the Western movie “Rust.” Baldwin is responsible for pointing the gun at Hutchins and failing to make sure the gun and supposedly dummy ammunition were properly checked, according to prosecutors.

Despite his blatant disregard for gun safety, Baldwin is bewildered punishment has been levied against him, with his attorney claiming the charges are a “terrible miscarriage of justice.” As an anti-Second Amendment activist who has a habit of demonizing the gun in criminal shootings instead of the person pulling the trigger, Baldwin is probably perplexed that he, not the weapon itself, is being slapped with criminal charges.

{snip}

Ultimately, Baldwin’s failure to take personal responsibility is emblematic of the entire anti-Second Amendment movement. The unconstitutional gun “reforms” (i.e., bans) that Baldwin and other anti-gun activists advocate for lay blame for gun-related homicides on the firearms, not the shooters. Such an approach treats the symptom, not the disease — and makes as much logical sense as Baldwin trying to duck the blame for his own actions.

https://thefederalist.com/2023/01/20/alec-baldwin-baffled-that-he-not-the-gun-will-be-charged-with-manslaughter/

What's worse is his father was a rifle coach so obviously they had guns around their house when he was younger.  He should know how a gun works and to never point it at someone unless you plan on shooting them.