Zach Ertz Traded

Dablitzkrieg

2 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

They might as well, even though they are in first place, the NFC West is a tough division.

They also are on Murray's rookie deal for another couple of seasons so you really should try to take advantage of that. Ertz is a nice piece for the Cardinals to replace Maxx Williams who is out for the season. Williams didn't have eye popping numbers (16 catches 193 yards and a TD) but he was in a crowded passing attack still having an impact. Ertz should fit nicely in replacing that. It also comes at a fairly low cost. They gave up their 6th round pick from 2021 a corner and a 2022 5th round pick. Not really all that much for a quality player who fits in to replace an injured TE.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Billyboy said:

Brandon is the worst GM in the NFL when it comes to trades.  He either gets robbed blind or he can't make the trade.  He couldn't even sign JJ Watt which wasn't even a trade, he could have had him without giving up bo diddly. 

0de35d6b613cb1390f2975a76c8982f2.jpeg

• Like (+1) 3

Brandon is the worst GM in the NFL when it comes to trades.  He either gets robbed blind or he can't make the trade.  He couldn't even sign JJ Watt which wasn't even a trade, he could have had him without giving up bo diddly. 

You are a troll and a bad one at that!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Watch out what you wish for.  The Cardinals GM has added a bunch of super stars since that hail Mary game.  Jordon Phillips, JJ Watt, and Ertz to name a few.  Brandon has not.  Just one, (Emmanuel Sanders).  They surprised you with the Hail Mary don't be surprised if they surprise you AGAIN!

Yeah Beane only traded for Diggs, and resigned several highly valued super stars to team friendly deals and prevent them from leaving to teams like the cardinals.

I mean come on. How out of touch can you be?

Ahhhh, the Ertz Saga finally comes to an end.  Being a full participant in that movement (interpret that word any way you want to), I am glad it's over.  Mostly because I've been so pleasantly surprised by Knox this season.  He's turned into that reasonably legit weapon that I thought (like many others) that Ertz could've filled.

Now I can go back to scrubbing all that Ertz off me....  😉

Raining The Shawshank Redemption GIF

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Been saying this since last season, but the comparison between Knox and Ertz is a joke. Ertz basically just runs out over the middle and catches balls as a steady TE. Knox’s athleticism is in another tier. 

Agree but Ertz as a compliment to Knox would have been very difficult to defend.  I would have rather had Ertz than Gilliam or Kumerow

• Disagree 2

2 hours ago, Billyboy said:

Be careful your downrigger doesn't tangle your trolling lines!

image.png.2cfb995dd641bcecba960883bb96a4f1.png

56 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

They are.   I don't think they get passed TB!

Right now Tampa Bay is the top dog. They have the talent and have proven that they can win it all. But it's a long way to the end of the year. Things may shift in Arizona's or even Dallas's favor before the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1

I wonder if it was in fact Beane that nixed the trade in the first place. If Knox didn't develop the Ertz trade would be a fall back. Since Knox has looked so good he told Roseman he was moving on and Roseman took the next best offer. That's my totally speculative theory.

Interesting move, guess Philly is waving the white flag already but they aren't going anywhere this season anyway with that defense and QB that probably is just a placeholder for a real franchise QB next year.

As for the Cardinals, they are definitely going all in this year and Ertz will probably be more productive there with a better QB to get him the ball.