Sign Levi Wallace

MarlinTheMagician

I think of it this way, how do the Bills draft next year? Is (fairly) expensive first round CB a better investment than low dollar Levi?  Second round?  I would say G or C are more valuable late first and/or second. Most likely any FA CB2 would be expensive. I think it would make sense to extend Levi. 

Just now, Max Fischer said:

I think of it this way, how do the Bills draft next year? Is a (fairly) expensive first round CB a better investment than low dollar Levi?  Second round?  I would say G or C are more valuable late first and/or second. Most likely any FA CB2 would be expensive. I think it would make sense to extend Levi. 

2 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Anybody know what the projected salary cap will be next year?   I know the Bills can’t pay everyone but isn’t supposed to go up like $25m. 

The NFL/NFLPA have agreed to a $208.2M 2022 Salary Cap.  Spotrac is already using that number for next year.

49 minutes ago, MarlinTheMagician said:

I ain't complaining, but he has to be one of the best values on the team.  Give the man a little green and keep him next to Johnson and White for three years.  Might not take too much.  He gives up a little, but almost always is doing the right thing.  Love the guy.

Not until he becomes a better tackler😎

The better our pass rush, the better the Secondary looks because it causes QB's to make rushed decisions, throw off balance, and not be comfortable with what they are doing in the pocket. We don't have big sack numbers this year, but our guys have been way more disruptive than in 2019/2020. The Secondary is the biggest beneficiary of that. 

1 hour ago, MarlinTheMagician said:

I ain't complaining, but he has to be one of the best values on the team.  Give the man a little green and keep him next to Johnson and White for three years.  Might not take too much.  He gives up a little, but almost always is doing the right thing.  Love the guy.

Not opposed to extending him, but I’d prefer Beane continue to look for an upgrade. 

At the right price yes. But at some point they need to make choices on who gets paid. I think Taron was more important to sign. Also think Diggs needs a pay raise and they should bring back Sanders. Hughes and Addison will probably be let go so there will be some cap savings there. H. Phillips and Ford are probably on their way out too.  Who knows what happens with Beasley.  They have Davis, Bass, Brown, and Knox on cheap deals. Edmunds will want top 3 LInebacker money if he makes another ProBowl. If Star keeps playing as he has they will bring him back too.

Levi might be odd man out. Some team may overpay for him and net the Bills a 4th or 5th round comp pick. 

Just like they did with Spencer Brown they will need to find a guy each draft that can be a starter somewhere to maintain cap flexibility. 

18 minutes ago, without a drought said:

I'm expecting the Bills to take a cb with the 32nd pick.

Hard pass.  McD is a secondary guru.  If Levi isn't back, draft a mid-round guy 3rd/4th/5th to compete with Dane.  

Pick 32 should be IOL, WR (depending on Sanders/Beasley) or DL (A guy like Jordan Davis would be a monster on this front).

I think instead you'll see a CB drafted in one of first two rounds and have Jackson as backup and T Johnson for nickel.  To me CB, DT, and interior line are their biggest draft needs.  Could draft DT and CB in 1st two, then guard/center.  They way Star is playing it probably makes sense to bring him back for another season, but could draft his replacement in 2nd or 3rd and let him sit a year as sub.  Not sure you could sign someone for better value when you ad in the dead cap money you'd be paying Star.

28 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think Levi knows his value is higher on the bills than in other defensive schemes and the Bills know that as well. Keep in mind he will have a tough time against teams with a big time Qb and multiple great WRs like Tampa. I think he’s having a good year so far though. 

Teams do dumb stuff in free agency every year. Some zone team will throw silly money at him.

Just now, That's No Moon said:

Teams do dumb stuff in free agency every year. Some zone team will throw silly money at him.

Agree, especially starters from top level teams.  If that happens it happens and maybe Beane gets a 5th round comp pick.

Then again who really knows what will happen next March?

33 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think Levi knows his value is higher on the bills than in other defensive schemes and the Bills know that as well. Keep in mind he will have a tough time against teams with a big time Qb and multiple great WRs like Tampa. I think he’s having a good year so far though. 

I've been a big critic of him (especially after week one) but he's done fine since, albeit against mostly poor QBs/WR's until last night but he held his own.

But at the end of the day you can't keep everyone and i'd gladly let him walk vs paying him a lot more. What little money we do have next year in FA will likely be allocated to resign other key veterans to cap friendly deals for what might be another SB run depending on what happens this year. Guys like Sanders, Hughes, Addison, Star L, all come to mind given their expiring contracts.

I thought it was more important to keep Johnson but if they can find a way to keep Wallace I am fine with it. In the end the Bills will eventually have let players walk but let’s see how this season plays out before worrying about who to keep. 

9 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Agree, especially starters from top level teams.  If that happens it happens and maybe Beane gets a 5th round comp pick.

Then again who really knows what will happen next March?

Who also knows how Levi finishes the season or if he gets hurt. Love to keep him but there are just so many variables with 12 regular season games to go.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.