Beasely update

YoloinOhio

13 minutes ago, Mango said:

IF there is an issue, which I would not be shocked at either way, it is not going to just be playing time/snaps. It will include targets. It is not a super far leap that a guy like Beasley who gets off on the "everybody is out to get me" (which is fine, a lot of athletes do this) sees two games in a row where he is targeted just twice in each and he thinks there is a problem. 

For reference, Beasley has never been held to 2 or less targets, and/or 2 or less catches in back to back games in his career. 

Factually Beasly's snap count is fine. His role to the offense as a whole is also fine. But that might not be how Beasley interprets it. 

I think the conversation is worth while given how loud Cole has been this year in general. Deleting twitter is a sudden change. So is his lack of involvement. It may or may not have any teeth. 

If Beasley is in the game, IMHO, there is no way in hell Daboll or Allen are going to let anything influence who gets targeted other than what is best for being effective on any given play. When that offense is on the field, the only thing that matters is moving the ball and scoring points.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

i love Beas on the field,  off field,  well thats his business.   if he cant keep the two separate then its a problem.   guy still performs,  and fills a function that nobody else really can on this team.   i believe teams are taking him away lately tho,  would explain the drop in actual targets.    Diggs isnt getting tons of work either tbh.    i worry he will eventually get upset about it.     this is just a function of how the games are working out tho imo.   guys need 2 be team players if they want to contend.   drop in stats hurts them, yes,  but how badly do u want to win is the question.    its tough.   the job is to win.

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

This feels cancerous.......and I really wish that McD would just get out in front of this and say Bease is a member of this team and one of us.

I have to disagree with you John on one point.  It was Beasley that needed to decide if he wanted to still be "one of us".

He deleted his twitter which for him is a big way to say I want to still be "one of us".

All will be forgotten if he just plays football.  I see this as a positive.  Also as others have pointed out Knox's play just naturally takes away

some of his snaps.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

He isn't going to run block as well as the other guys.

Our WRs were taken away by bigger physical corners last year vs KC.

Just don't think using him or featuring 11 personnel packages or 4 wide was in the game plan.  

We clearly thru their defense off and showed the versatility of the offense.   

I think the Twitter thing is him making sure he doesn't say anything after being ticked about playing time.  No distractions I think it's pretty significant if he did this on his own.   No way they told him to do it.   

Diggs all year and now Beasley for the last games (first 3 games he had LOTS of catches) are not as targeted as last year. It's almost weird. But let's recall yesterday Josh only completed 15 passes! He got insane yardage out of very few passes. I admit I'm surprised Beasley has not been targeted more on short 3rd down plays, that's always been his bread and butter. Yes Davis is good, but he does not fil the same role as Cole, more like Sanders. Can fans actually NOT want someone off the team? LOL. Let the Bills win the Superbowl THIS season, will you?

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, CheshireCT said:

I agree with the others who say his limited snaps were likely game plan specific.

in terms of the Twitter crap and vaccine protest, I’m glad to see the team is showing they will not be distracted by it. If anyone is distracted by it, it’s Beasley himself, who I do think is limiting his own potential.

hope he stays off Twitter and refocuses on football. One thing is for damn sure, you can win the Super Bowl but you can’t win Twitter.

Best post of the thread, agree 100%...the Twitter stuff (and the resulting fallout or whatever you want to call it) has been self-inflicted. I really hope Beasley getting off Twitter can be the end of this weird chapter of his Bills career and now he can get back to helping us move the chains and win football games.

Great football player who has had some outstanding moments for our team and who we'll need if we want to win the Super Bowl this year. Need him back to his best.

Edited by Dont Stop Billeiving
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Beast said:

Teams can mimick the two deep but it also takes a pair of outstanding safeties and great CB's to get the job done.

Can they mimick the Bills defensive talent. I would argue not many can.

The Titans did it last year against Josh to some success, the Bills aren’t the only team with good secondary players. I agree that the defense talent wise won’t be matched often but the Bills will need Beasley to carve up soft zones and just in general to generate cheap first downs. 

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

For those wondering, Beasley is still on pace for 88 receptions this season. He's also catching 76.5 percent of the passes thrown his way.

Yeah I think people are reading too much into things and not sure his twitter account deletion/low snap count last night have anything to do with one another.

I do think this is probably his last season in Buffalo though irregardless of the vaccine/twitter stuff.

Just now, FilthyBeast said:

Yeah I think people are reading too much into things and not sure his twitter account deletion/low snap count last night have anything to do with one another.

I do think this is probably his last season in Buffalo though irregardless of the vaccine/twitter stuff.

The Bills are a lot like the Patriots on offense; some game plans will feature a player heavily and then see him buried the next week. I wouldn't be surprised to see Beasley get 8 receptions next week. Also, a number of these games have been blowouts, which skews everything. Not the KC and Pitt games, of course. 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

The Bills are a lot like the Patriots on offense; some game plans will feature a player heavily and then see him buried the next week. I wouldn't be surprised to see Beasley get 8 receptions next week. Also, a number of these games have been blowouts, which skews everything. Not the KC and Pitt games, of course. 

We saw this last year with Isaiah McKenzie. 

Big game last season to end the year against Miami, then disappeared for the Playoffs. 

There is no reason for the Bills to alienate Beasley. He'll be needed in this offense as the year goes on. 

I'm not sure what he could be mad about. He had 11 balls for 99 yards two games ago, and he averages 5.2 catches per game this season, verses 2.83 catches/game career before arriving in Buffalo. 

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Still think fans/media are the ones trying to make something outta nothing here. 

Like the dude who is wr3 played wr3 snaps. People want this to be a story in the worst way and its crazy to me

The bills have had more run based game plans the past few weeks. In games where it will be pass heavy he will get more looks and more snaps.

Also this is kind of what happens when you have a deep offense

When a player is as dumb on twitter as he is, trying to play politics with Covid and then trying to boohoo call out fans, he is going to be put under a microscope.  Thats how that works.

• Sad 1

I don't think McBeane and OBD policy of keeping team/NFL policy things "in house" is too much to ask if that is the case here.

They seem to respect player personal choices, they have shown flexibility and support when players wanted to show their solidarity around policing reform after the Floyd incident, but in regards to personal choices that are ripe for news bulletin board material they would likely prefer that players keep those choices and opinions to themselves.

Just speculating, but it sounds like Bease just needs to be more mature about what he sounds off about publicly. You cannot control how some folks will feel about your opinions, but you absolutely have control over whether to make those opinions public and how you choose to do that.

His teammates clearly appreciate him, they are playing well and winning. If I were a coach and GM I would probably work to nip the distractions in the bud too - no one player should be bigger than the team.

They are all working too hard to row in the same direction towards a championship goal.

8 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Clearly Sanders has emerged as our wr2. It breaks my heart to see Cole's targets diminish. Has this whole vax issue taken it's toll? I'm also not thrilled that Gabe's targets are down too. Maybe some of those are now finding Knox. 

I mean there is only so many yards/targets/reception/TDs to around when you have so many guys getting it done.

35 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

We saw this last year with Isaiah McKenzie. 

Big game last season to end the year against Miami, then disappeared for the Playoffs. 

There is no reason for the Bills to alienate Beasley. He'll be needed in this offense as the year goes on. 

I'm not sure what he could be mad about. He had 11 balls for 99 yards two games ago, and he averages 5.2 catches per game this season, verses 2.83 catches/game career before arriving in Buffalo. 

Yup, and as we all know, injuries happen in the NFL. He'll get his chances.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.