Shady showing that Buffalove

I've been saying for many years how meaningless QB stats are.  This host proves my point that a know nothing can take QB stats & claim vastly inferior QBs are better than franchise QBs.  I still remember years ago when Rob Johnson looked better on paper than Jim Kelly for clowns who don't know what they're watching.   At one time Ryan Fitzpatrick was better than Andrew Luck on a stat sheet.  

QB STATS ARE FOR LOSERS

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Shady did well in his defense but neglected 3 big variables.  

1.   Hes played in high wind and heavy rain already.  Impacts some of completion percentage.  

2.   Slow start.  Over his last 2 games his completion is over 70 and rating is over 110.  

3.  Hes done all this while sitting some of or all of the 4th quarter in 3 games. 

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Perhaps everyone here should stop posting links to this a-hole's garbage.  This fanbase is doing exactly what he wants us to.

Normally I would agree, in this case however Shady was there and really called him out for his BS. I also appreciated how he kept rooting for the Bills to beat the Chiefs, very cool.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Perhaps everyone here should stop posting links to this a-hole's garbage.  This fanbase is doing exactly what he wants us to.

Thank you. Can we have a blanket ban on directly linking to his content? Buncha dupes on here, sheesh. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Brennan Huff said:

That dude just wants Allen to be bad so bad. He will never let it go. Allen could throw 10 TDs on Sunday and it wouldn’t matter to him

You sure about that? Brad Marchand and Brian Smolinski say hi.

These discussions get to be so stupid. As another poster pointed out, even Shady failed to mention the 20-30 mph gusts that 2 of Josh's games have been in , and the other home game a torrential rain storm. (look at the GOAT Brady's #'s from the other night in a torrential rain storm)

This is not Apples to Apples

Which is the same reason why Jim Kelly's numbers were never as pretty as some of his peers that he was better than. Guys who played in domes or sunny and warm states. It's gonna be that way for Josh's career too.

Numbers are just numbers. These talking heads like Nick really suck people into false conclusions.

1 hour ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I've been saying for many years how meaningless QB stats are.  This host proves my point that a know nothing can take QB stats & claim vastly inferior QBs are better than franchise QBs.  I still remember years ago when Rob Johnson looked better on paper than Jim Kelly for clowns who don't know what they're watching.   At one time Ryan Fitzpatrick was better than Andrew Luck on a stat sheet.  

QB STATS ARE FOR LOSERS

Couple of my favorite sayings:

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."

"Anyone with half a brain can make any statistic prove anything they want"

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Brennan Huff said:

That dude just wants Allen to be bad so bad. He will never let it go. Allen could throw 10 TDs on Sunday and it wouldn’t matter to him

He doesn’t “want” anything except clicks and publicity, and #BillsMafia obliges him

week in and week out. 

• Like (+1) 2

I know I'll catch flack for this, but I agree with almost everything being said by everyone in that video, with the exception of Wright's QB comparisons in the beginning.

Shady's right about Allen's stats not being comparable due to 1) blowouts and 2) a top 5 run game. He's also right about it not necessarily being a "make or break" game, as it's only week 5 & there's 12 games to go.

Nick is also right about KC's offense & Mahomes being able to put up 30+ usually tends to work out fine for them. They've had some losses, but they could've easily won those games too (just as the Bills could easily be 4-0). Chiefs could've also lost to the Browns, it's just how it goes.

Yes, Josh's accuracy also hasn't been great. It's not as bad as it was pre-2020, but being ranked 27th with this WR group isn't good. That's ok, we're still winning.

The thing he's smart to call out (at least as a Josh hater) is the fact that all these QB's have at least been able to move the ball pretty well over the Chiefs this year. 

1. Baker Mayfield - 21/28 (75%), 321 yards, 0 TD's, 1 INT (97.5 rating)

2. Lamar Jackson - 18/26 (69%), 239 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT's (78.9 rating) / 107 rush yards, 2 TD's

3. Justin Herbert - 26/38 (68%), 281 yards, 4 TD's, 0 INT (125.0 rating)

4. Jalen Hurts - 32/48 (66.7%), 387 yards, 2 TD's, 0 INT (105.1 rating) / 47 rush yards

These are all young guys. Two are in Allen's own draft class. He's gotta do better than what he did last year, and now's a great opportunity to show it. Last season, these were Josh's numbers - 

Game #1 - 14/27 (51.8%), 122 yards, 2 TD's, 1 INT (73.4 rating) / 42 rush yards

Game #2 - 28/48 (58.3%), 287 yards, 2 TD's, 1 INT (80.8 rating) / 88 rush yards

Whether we want to admit it or not, accuracy has been an issue. My personal belief, coupled with comments from Josh over the years, is that he gets overly hyped up for these big games. He's almost like a fan in that way, he knows what the media is saying, knows what the fans are saying, knows how much it means to everyone, etc. and plays way too tight because of it.

I almost empathize with him in that way, as I can only imagine how it makes you feel hearing how you're a front-runner for MVP, you're a Super Bowl favorite, a top 5 QB in the league, compared to Patrick Mahomes, etc. and knowing the Chiefs are the AFC Super Bowl reps the past 2 years, playing on the road, and your #1 hurdle getting to the Super Bowl. Oh, and you just got that fat contract that actually pays you out MORE than Mahomes over the same period. No pressure.

So yeah, definitely long-winded (as usual), but I agree with a lot of both sides of the discussion. Mahomes makes it look easy, so always making that comparison is a little unfair. He doesn't need to be better than Mahomes to win on Sunday. He needs to be better than the Chiefs defense.

Another poster mentioned it, but it's like the Peyton Manning Colts vs Brady & the Pats in the 2000 - 2011 era. Everyone knew Manning was great, but they couldn't put it together against the Pats very often until 2006. Even if they had the 32nd ranked defense, they'd still give us trouble. Just hoping Allen can simmer down, focus, and play loose.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BigDingus said:

The thing he's smart to call out (at least as a Josh hater) is the fact that all these QB's have at least been able to move the ball pretty well over the Chiefs this year. 

1. Baker Mayfield - 21/28 (75%), 321 yards, 0 TD's, 1 INT (97.5 rating)

2. Lamar Jackson - 18/26 (69%), 239 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT's (78.9 rating) / 107 rush yards, 2 TD's

3. Justin Herbert - 26/38 (68%), 281 yards, 4 TD's, 0 INT (125.0 rating)

4. Jalen Hurts - 32/48 (66.7%), 387 yards, 2 TD's, 0 INT (105.1 rating) / 47 rush yards

These are all young guys. Two are in Allen's own draft class. He's gotta do better than what he did last year, and now's a great opportunity to show it. Last season, these were Josh's numbers - 

Game #1 - 14/27 (51.8%), 122 yards, 2 TD's, 1 INT (73.4 rating) / 42 rush yards

Game #2 - 28/48 (58.3%), 287 yards, 2 TD's, 1 INT (80.8 rating) / 88 rush yards

Whether we want to admit it or not, accuracy has been an issue. My personal belief, coupled with comments from Josh over the years, is that he gets overly hyped up for these big games. He's almost like a fan in that way, he knows what the media is saying, knows what the fans are saying, knows how much it means to everyone, etc. and plays way too tight because of it.

They all started out taking the checkdown early before pushing the ball downfield. Josh is always trying to push the ball downfield. Hopefully Josh will take the easy stuff and keep drives going. Make KC come out of their coverage then attack them downfield 

You guys have to consider removing these letter from you’re personal alphabet.  ESPN!  I have no idea if they are on is the morning, because again, I don’t watch ever ESPN (except matchup and MNF), but flip over to GMFB.  Yeah Kyle loves us, but overall they are very fair minded from the rest of the group.  Actually most of the shows on NFLN are pretty down the middle on the Bills and Allen.