Shady showing that Buffalove

2 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

They all started out taking the checkdown early before pushing the ball downfield. Josh is always trying to push the ball downfield. Hopefully Josh will take the easy stuff and keep drives going. Make KC come out of their coverage then attack them downfield 

The KC Defense from last year is not the same as this year...(at least not until now)....   Agreed that all this goes away if Allen wins the game against the Chiefs.

What a jerk!  We all wondered why Josh started the season slow.  My theory was that the relative lack of reps in preseason left Josh with some rust he needed to work through.  In any case, the trend has been toward improvement over the last 2 games.  Realistically, when you have a small sample size (and 4 games is a small sample size) a bad game or two can skew your averages.  If Nick Freakin Wright wants to use stats the way he was using them, he needs to wait until midseason.   Mahomes may be killing Josh in the stat department right now, but Mahomes has thrown a lot more interceptions in key situations than Josh Allen and is at least as responsible for two losses as Josh Allen is for Buffalo's one loss.

20 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I've been saying for many years how meaningless QB stats are.  This host proves my point that a know nothing can take QB stats & claim vastly inferior QBs are better than franchise QBs.  I still remember years ago when Rob Johnson looked better on paper than Jim Kelly for clowns who don't know what they're watching.   At one time Ryan Fitzpatrick was better than Andrew Luck on a stat sheet.  

QB STATS ARE FOR LOSERS

And talking heads that like to be stupid!

11 hours ago, BigAl2526 said:

What a jerk!  We all wondered why Josh started the season slow.  My theory was that the relative lack of reps in preseason left Josh with some rust he needed to work through.  In any case, the trend has been toward improvement over the last 2 games.  Realistically, when you have a small sample size (and 4 games is a small sample size) a bad game or two can skew your averages.  If Nick Freakin Wright wants to use stats the way he was using them, he needs to wait until midseason.   Mahomes may be killing Josh in the stat department right now, but Mahomes has thrown a lot more interceptions in key situations than Josh Allen and is at least as responsible for two losses as Josh Allen is for Buffalo's one loss.

The weather for the majority of the Bills games has not exactly been conducive to an elite passing performance.  Wind and rain certainly has some effect on passing stats.  If a game is comfortably in hand, you aren't going to be slinging the ball around in poor weather conditions and risk turnovers.

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I've been saying for many years how meaningless QB stats are.  This host proves my point that a know nothing can take QB stats & claim vastly inferior QBs are better than franchise QBs.  I still remember years ago when Rob Johnson looked better on paper than Jim Kelly for clowns who don't know what they're watching.   At one time Ryan Fitzpatrick was better than Andrew Luck on a stat sheet.  

QB STATS ARE FOR LOSERS

YxWl1p5.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

Shady is 100% right.  Bringing up Allens numbers compared to other Qbs currently is a joke.  He is over 60% 9 Tds and 2 ints  is really it.  The QBR and yards are due to game script.  The games are not being called the same.  The team is producing but the run game has carried the way.  

A little more balance and better defense makes the Bills a better team.  Giving the defense more to do than watch 17 will open up more lanes. 

Kind of cool that he seems to be rooting for Buffalo to win the matchup against Kansas City.

At least that’s the impression I got when he said “hopefully Buffalo wins” (during the part where he talked about how if Buffalo didn’t win this game, he guaranteed they’d win against KC in the playoffs, and said something like “hopefully they win” this game)

Shady might have a shot at being an NFL analyst on TV if he wants it. I could see some network offering him a job.

55 minutes ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

The weather for the majority of the Bills games has not exactly been conducive to an elite passing performance.  Wind and rain certainly has some effect on passing stats.  If a game is comfortably in hand, you aren't going to be slinging the ball around in poor weather conditions and risk turnovers.

He's also thrown like 7 or 8 4th quarter passes over the last 3 weeks.  Outside of the slippery ball issues early he had a pretty solid game against houston too.  Didn't let it rattle him, and put the team in positions to score.  The FGs are frustrating, but on the plus side - its early.  You still don't know how defenses are going to defend you in the RZ, what looks you'll get, and how to counter.  

10 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Shady embarrassed him in this video and all the other panel people went crazy when he did it.

He was bad against pitt.  mediocre against miami (4/5 TD drives were aided by good field position.  Wash he destroyed, and played well in Houston.  

At the end of the day stats are nice and all - but you know nick wright doesn't actually watch the games.  So why should I value his opinion?

1 hour ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

YxWl1p5.jpg

It looks like that shirt is based on the Wyoming Cowboys logo.  Was it made to represent Josh before the 2018 draft or just after Kiper said that about Josh when he rated him the top QB in the draft (& the 10th best QB prospect of all time as of this year)? 

8 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

It looks like that shirt is based on the Wyoming Cowboys logo.  Was it made to represent Josh before the 2018 draft or just after Kiper said that about Josh when he rated him the top QB in the draft (& the 10th best QB prospect of all time as of this year)? 

I think it came out around draft time based on Kiper's quote about Allen.

1 hour ago, Mat68 said:

Shady is 100% right.  Bringing up Allens numbers compared to other Qbs currently is a joke.  He is over 60% 9 Tds and 2 ints  is really it.  The QBR and yards are due to game script.  The games are not being called the same.  The team is producing but the run game has carried the way.  

A little more balance and better defense makes the Bills a better team.  Giving the defense more to do than watch 17 will open up more lanes. 

QBs who really light it up are playing from behind or in tight games & are making throws that a team well ahead won't make as often.  So far this season, through 4 weeks the top 5 yardage QBs per week are 11-9, with 7 of the 11 wins in one score margin games.  That means that 80% of the top 5 weekly QBs either lost the game or had to keep throwing to gain a slim victory.   

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dneveu said:

He was bad against pitt.  mediocre against miami (4/5 TD drives were aided by good field position.  Wash he destroyed, and played well in Houston.  

At the end of the day stats are nice and all - but you know nick wright doesn't actually watch the games.  So why should I value his opinion?

Than stay out of this thread? So funny to see people basically say they don't care but have to be in the thread they supposedly don't care about.