Gilmore released

1 minute ago, TBBills said:

Who cares so we get him in a Chiefs uniform looking around for someone to blame for blown coverage.

That wont happen.  Well at least not to us, because even if chies sign him he cannot come off PUP this week.  Has to wait until after the week 6 games are complete

6 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

Sure for the right price (not the highest bidder price being touted) and if he can play in a mostly zone off coverage scheme. I think he'll make a much better Raven.

Right price?  Isn't his contract guaranteed after week 1?  On Pats.  Is this similar to Le'Veon Bell situation w/ Jets where they cut him, owed him the money and whatever he made at next stop that season (KC) was netted off what the Jets owed.  That enabled him to essentially sign for the rest of year at near minimum as former team is on the hook for salary.  Or am I wrong??

Edited by cage

5 minutes ago, cage said:

Right price?  Isn't his contract guaranteed after week 1?  On Pats.  Is this similar to Le'Veon Bell situation w/ Jets where they cut him, owed him the money and whatever he made at next stop that season (KC) was netted off what the Jets owed.  That enabled him to essentially sign for the rest of year at near minimum as former team is on the hook for salary.  Or am I wrong??

It could be but with him being on pup that could be why they cut him now so it wasn’t guaranteed 

2 hours ago, Watkins90 said:

Please come to Buffalo on a reasonable contract.

This dude has proven over and over that he is a me-first player. He is not going to add positively to the team chemistry and culture here. And his best days are behind him as a player anyway.

He will try to get as much money as he possibly can. The Bills do not have cap space.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

No thanks. Besides the fact that he's unlikeable, he'll get paid way more than he's worth. I think 2 years (from his mvp season) is a long time in the NFL. Reevis, or Norman, or Shady or any number of guys can attest to how quickly times can change. I'm not saying he's done but given what he'll get paid, his persona and the fact that he's on the other side of his career, I say no thanks.

1 minute ago, mikemac2001 said:

It could be but with him being on pup that could be why they cut him now so it wasn’t guaranteed 

I just saw an article saying he wants $15m/year.  I can't see that happening this year coming off of PUP

5 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Alot more than Gilmore. Plus, they even TRIED to win and went all out. They didn't dog it half the time like Gilmore.

Do you really think wins is the best way to evaluate CB play and if so, why don't his wins in New England count?

Edited by Jauronimo
  • Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

its funny that you think Wallace played poorly in game 1. I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you that we could upgrade cb2, but in that game his "interference" was questionable at best (no, you don't need to turn your head around as a corner. That rule was removed in like the 90's) and he had literally perfect coverage and even got a piece of the ball on the D Johnson TD play. He 100% did not play poorly in that game. The Steelers had their 1 healthy game and we basically shut down their running and passing game.

Bottom line is with a franchise QB on the books now, we can't have all the pretty toys we want at every position. The Wallaces of the world sometimes have to be  enough in those spots (like cb2) for the big picture to work.

Wallace was targeted and talk to me after Sunday when the Chiefs expose him,  as for the Pittsburg game.  It was not just the one questionable interference call ( you still need to turn your head around and he did not),  he also was targeted on other huge Steeler plays including that TD ( Diontae Johnson) in the back of the end zone. I believe signing Gilmore would give us two lockdown corners and that helps our pass rush

• Eyeroll 1