Bills number 1 in espn power rankings...wait what?

Hebert19

6 hours ago, galept said:

Don't mind the team receiving some attention but this is borderline worthless until we show that we can beat the Chiefs.

Chiefs , Chargers,Browns,Bucs,Cards but we're still playing on a different level.  We look like the best in the game 

Feels so much different than last year for the KC reg season game. I expected a L , our run game was meh and D was pretty bad at that point.  We have mostly same players but we're a completely different team. Just hope we don't get Sugar High Josh in the beginning . That place is going to be jumping and have a playoff atmosphere.  We could send them to a 2-3 record and be on the fast course for 1st seed in AFC

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

I think the main takeaway is the fan base is not comfortable being #1 yet.  Too much PTSD and self doubt. 

Seriously.  Self loathing is a big thing with Bills fans generally.  The rankings are just for fun obviously, and perceptions will change week to week, but a legitimate case can be made.  There is no team playing objectively better than the Bills right now.  They are destroying weaker teams, something those teams other opponents have not really done, and probably have yet to play their best game on offense, a scary proposition for the rest of the league.  Their only stumble against the Steelers, in a game where the fully healthy Steelers D shut them down, was only lost due to a 1 in 500 (maybe 1 in 1000) special teams play.  The D played great.  

People love to try try and show what hard bitten realists they are, how “objective” they are, and that they are not “homers” (a truly obnoxious and insulting phrase) when I think they are really just afraid of being disappointed.  It’s a game, the Bills have a great team, enjoy it.  

We’re Number 1!  Go Bills.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

Maybe he's trying to get ahead of the curve, anticipating that the Bills will exploit KC's weak defense and win 42-35 or something like that.  If the Bills can pull that off, and I think they have a better than even chance to do so, they'll earn the #1 ranking.

SI Ranking might please people actually.

7. Buffalo Bills (3–1)
Last week: Win vs. Houston, 40-0
Next week: at Kansas City

Next week’s Sunday Night Football meeting between the Bills and Chiefs will be an instructive measuring stick for both sides. The Bills have already opened up a two-game lead in the AFC East, but they’ve had a soft early schedule.

9 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Why do people get so annoyed about power rankings? 

It’s decent to discuss and we all understand it’s not a “real” ranking. 

This ^^^

So many “stats/rankings out there are pointless, 

The win/loss column, that’s it, everything else is after the fact.

Go Bills!!!

13 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I dont see how brissett or heinicke count as backup qbs... they are likely both better than the guy they replaced.  Davis mills sure that's a backup.  Heinicke has been somewhere between solid and great every game in his career except for when we played them 

i think i read last week that davis mills had the highest completion rate this year out of any rookie qb

14 hours ago, teef said:

i just don't think buffalo has played anyone hardcore enough to be considered the best team at this time.  that's not a knock as you can only play the teams on your schedule, but these next two games are big.  that being said, even dropping these games wouldn't be the absolute end of the world.  i assume it would definitely mean losing the one seed, but you never know.

That's right. We are definitely going to win our division and make the playoffs. The object of this season is getting to go into the playoffs at our absolute peak best. Yes, that bye week is truly massive, but if we can hit the playoffs with our OL fixed, our offensive weapons healthy, Allen hot and consistent and the defense playing as it has so far this year, there is simply no one that can beat us. I don't even think there is anyone that can give us a game if we hit our peak in the playoffs.

,I really mean that. Josh can do anything when he's hot and that includes scoring TDs by the bunches in a myriad of ways. Our Special Team Units are very good and will improve as we go. (Yes, I know they have given us some fits this year but I'm looking at McD to date and figure we'll get it down. Plus we have done a lot of good on Special Teams already too.)  The Defense is the best defense McD has fielded so far this year by far since he has arrived. Name the stat, we're doing way better in it than ever. And it looks like it is getting better with Edmunds having a solid year so far. Ed too. Plus our deadly rotation DL. I've been watching a lot of football lately and I don't think anybody rotates the DL as much as we do and I think that is fantastic in many different ways. Now and in the future.

If Daryl Williams can play guard, And Brown can amaze at RT and we get Feliciano back we have the makings of a solid O-line. A lot of ifs I know, but we are doing it, so it makes me think we can. If it works out, what a great freakin' draft we had this year!!! Really, it could beat 2019 by the end of this year! Think about that! That's amazing!

This week my main worry is if Allen can play well but I also worry about the whole team as KC has owned us since McD came aboard. It is definitely partly psychological. But KC is also an excellent team that we haven't matched up with well at all. Right now, I think we're the better team IF Allen plays to his potential. I think we could beat KC by more than eight if Allen plays his best game and the team plays hungry, humble and mean and smart.

Go Bills!

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

And they got destroyed in the AFC Championship game 😅…. I do agree on the 2nd part though, Shutouts in today’s offensive centric game is an impressive feat…. Just saying, these next two weeks will be an interesting gauge to see where they really are at…specifically this game against KC.

They made the AFC Championship game.  That isn't east to do.  Maybe you think it is because you watched the Pats get there 5 million times, but that isn't normal.

Any team at +90 points in week 4 is properly at #1.  They legitimately have a top O and top D.  Yes their wins were against mediocre or bad teams but those teams still had talent on defense and we dropped plenty of points.  I don’t care how bad an O they played, the number of 4th down stops shows the D is championship caliber.  Defense wins championships.  Look at last years superbowl or the giants in 2007.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.