Bills number 1 in espn power rankings...wait what?

Hebert19

36 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

0-2 these next two games would be a tough pill to swallow…. Two perceived good teams in the conference, both of whom kicked your ass last season… it’s an important two game stretch just for the psyche of the team, IMO.

A competitive loss to the Chiefs wouldn’t be the end of the world. An ass kicking again and a loss to both teams would raise some big red flags, IMO.

it certainly would raise red flags, but it may not be the end of the world.  this team could still evolve into the second half of the season.  who know...they have some "easier" teams, they get wins and get into a roll going into the playoffs.   the bills really need to split these games, but even if they don't, it's not a total disaster.  just a total disappointment.  

• Like (+1) 2

Power rankings are an interesting idea.  Win-Loss records can be deceiving because of strength of schedule and other reasons.  So let experts go through all the data and rank the best teams.  

Cool idea.   The write ups are interesting and informative sometimes.  Well, we rarely learn anything new about the Bills but I do sometimes learn something new about the teams I don't follow.

In the end, though, power rankings are just someone's opinion.  So I don't get  too excited when the Bills are ranked high or disappointed when the Bills are  ranked low.  My own evaluation of the Bills is what matters to me.  All the way up until game day when the only thing that matters is the scoreboard.

30 minutes ago, First Round Bust said:

from playing against backup qbs the past three weeks to playing two teams in a row that whipped us x 3 last season...will the real Buffalo Bills please stand up...

I dont see how brissett or heinicke count as backup qbs... they are likely both better than the guy they replaced.  Davis mills sure that's a backup.  Heinicke has been somewhere between solid and great every game in his career except for when we played them 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, teef said:

i just don't think buffalo has played anyone hardcore enough to be considered the best team at this time.  that's not a knock as you can only play the teams on your schedule, but these next two games are big.  that being said, even dropping these games wouldn't be the absolute end of the world.  i assume it would definitely mean losing the one seed, but you never know.

I’m gonna be PISSED if the lose to Tennessee, I’m going to the game and don’t want an 8 hour disappointed drive home haha.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DCofNC said:

I’m gonna be PISSED if the lose to Tennessee, I’m going to the game and don’t want an 8 hour disappointed drive home haha.

i think fans will be more "understanding" of a loss to KC.  an away game to a team that really needs this win right now.  with tenn, i have no idea what happened last year.  they just weren't prepared for it.   i don't see that happening again.

5 minutes ago, teef said:

it certainly would raise red flags, but it may not be the end of the world.  this team could still evolve into the second half of the season.  who know...they have some "easier" teams, they get wins and get into a roll going into the playoffs.   the bills really need to split these games, but even if they don't, it's not a total disaster.  just a total disappointment. 

I would only be concerned if we lose to the Titans.  They are looking like a 8-9 win team.  This is a team you beat, especially with our passing offense and their nonexistent pass rush.  We should put up 30+ against them.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Wasn't it Bill Parcells who said "You are what your record says you are" when it comes to rankings. From that perspective, I would say that Arizona should be #1. I could make a case for the Bills being #2 though. They are the only team in the NFL that ranks in the top 10 in both offense as well as defense (#1 on defense). Figuring out the strength of schedule is a bit tricky -- but the Bills do have wins over three teams who have a combined 4 wins among them.

19 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

2 shutouts by the D

Top 5 offense (being modest) 

3rd and 21 is a problem that we no longer worry about. 

Great Coaching 

One botched play and the Steelers would be 0-4. 

I was gonna say the same thing... a lot of these teams that have beaten supposedly great teams have also barely held on against pretty mediocre teams as well.  We have absolutely annihilated three teams in a row and the game we lost we controlled most of the game.

Yeah, this just wreaks of people reading the box score/watching highlights + excess credit based on preseason predictions.

The Bills were constantly being talked about as SB contenders, and now since the box score looks like we're fulfilling those predictions, we're getting a bit too much credit. Of course we're all happy to be winning (and winning comfortably), but we're not taking down world-beaters, and we still always struggle against the Chiefs.

Next week will be the real test. Bills fans know this, but the media is jumping ahead.

30 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Do you think Zach Wilson would go to a BTS concert with me?

Of course man! Zach always helps the Make A Wish kids. I'll start a petition to get your wish going!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, teef said:

i just don't think buffalo has played anyone hardcore enough to be considered the best team at this time.  that's not a knock as you can only play the teams on your schedule, but these next two games are big.  that being said, even dropping these games wouldn't be the absolute end of the world.  i assume it would definitely mean losing the one seed, but you never know.

If they lose both of these games, I still see them getting to 12-5 and a division championship with relative ease. They play a lot of bad teams plus some OK teams at home in Orchard Park. 

35 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I dont see how brissett or heinicke count as backup qbs... they are likely both better than the guy they replaced.  Davis mills sure that's a backup.  Heinicke has been somewhere between solid and great every game in his career except for when we played them 

lets see I think there is a qb named fitz-something-or-other for the WFT who makes $10M - so if you want to call him a non-starter for that kind of money I dont follow your logis as the WFT did not think enough of Heinicke to give him the job after some promising play last season, next season perhaps ?

you think Brissett is better than Tua ?  It may turn out to be the case down the road, but for now its Tua's job until its not.

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

AZ is probably #1, beating handily 3 solid teams (including a beatdown of the Rams sunday).

How are the Charges unchanged at 9??

Ravens, Chargers and Raiders better than the Browns right now.

Probably, though without the Vikings' kicker missing an easy 37 yarder, the Cards are 3 - 1.

None of this matters greatly. I'm content to be among the top 4 or 5 most credible Super Bowl contenders at this point.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.