Richard Sherman signs with Tampa

YoloinOhio

Gugs, couldn’t agree more.  Everyone falls down at least once in their life.  He’s not Frank Clark with two gun charges, one being an uzi after having a first on him in one of the toughest gun law states in the country.

Sherman isn’t going to be the legion of boom Sherman, but he’ll probably help Tampa, and their secondary is young.  He can mentor Winfield and others on playing this defense.  Bowles probably loves it.  Brady had what he wanted as he had no input at all in NE, and he made the plea to Sherman.  Smart on Arians part as Brady wouldn’t have done that without BA’s approval.

• Agree 3

I don’t like Sherman, always hated how he ran his mouth on and off the field. But I read a story about how his last year has gone and did feel for the guy and his family. Suicide and depression is no joke and really scary for those closest. It was apparently much more than just one drunken night. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

At this point, the biggest thing I want Beane to be doing is finding upgrades on the offensive line.  Even though I am not a fan of Levi, the defense has been good and, if they can play like they are against good teams and good QBs, they will be good enough to win a Super Bowl with.  The O-Line, especially at G, are our weakest link at this point and may be the thing that keeps us from winning the whole thing.

Mongo and Ford, as much as I don't want to say it, are not good enough, especially when facing good interior lineman.  They are serviceable enough to get by against bad teams, but we've already seen on multiple occasions that teams can wreck our offense, no matter how good we are everywhere else, with interior pressure. 

We're good enough to win the Super Bowl this year.  Not a doubt in my mind.  I'd just hate for everything to go to waste because we can't give Allen time to throw and give him pressure in his face as soon as the ball is snapped when it counts the most.  I want Beane to be exploring the trade market for at least 1 really good guard.  There are going to be some teams out of the running sooner than later and if we have a chance to pluck a guard that is a huge upgrade, I want to be doing that ASAP.  Draft picks are nice, but this team should be going all in to win the Super Bowl this year.

16 hours ago, eball said:

Hmm...not entirely sure I agree, but he does have that "crafty veteran" thing going for him.

There are a lot of not-very-good CBs playing in the NFL. Good ones are very, very hard to find. He’s crafty enough and has enough ball hawking skills to at least be a decent CB2 option. Who else is out there, after all? That’s all I’m saying.

15 hours ago, The Wiz said:

On what charges?  Were any filled?

By Elisha Fieldstadt, Antonio Planas and The Associated Press

NFL cornerback Richard Sherman pleaded not guilty Friday to multiple charges following an alleged attempt to break into his in-laws' Washington state home that was caught on camera.

Sherman has been charged with driving while under the influence, reckless endangerment of roadway workers, resisting arrest and domestic-violence related counts of criminal trespass and malicious mischief, according to a spokesperson with the county's prosecutor's office. He entered his plea before King County District Court Judge Lisa Paglisotti.

Sherman is accused of driving while drunk and then trying to break into his in-laws' home in the predawn hours Wednesday, officials said.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/nfl-s-richard-sherman-released-jail-after-alleged-attempt-break-n1274157

Edited by JMF2006
  • Thank you (+1) 1