Most Points For in the AFC! & a few rando thoughts...

MClem06

There are only 3 teams higher in all of the NFL on the NFC side in points for.  That being said TEXANS and then the Chiefs.  My guess is that Diggs is gonna break 150 yards on 10 receptions in that game, he can't get that AFC Championship loss outta his head.  Let's go Buffalo.  

Few random thoughts...

Milano is D-MVP so far for me, that guy is everywhere. 

I was really questioning if we needed Star back, now i know why he's here.  Guy is a monster at holding the middle when we need him.

Taron Johnson - one of the sneakiest pick ups in the league for value. He's made so many big plays for us.

Knox is back in the biz of catching the ball.  (good to see i was rooting for him to make it).

Rosseau has been squeezing the pocket on 70-80 percent of his snaps the guy is so freakin athletic its sick.

I like that we don't hear of DIGGS being a Diva about catches every week.  Josh is throwing the ball in the yard right now to everyone and it's helping us get loose.  

Freaking Bean may just be the GM of the year , his pick up of Sanders is looking like another home run.  Everything Bean touches turns to gold, very few misses is why we are a contender right now.

Good night and have a pleasant tomorrow.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Up until the last couple of games last year, it can very easily be argued that Taron Johnson was by far the worst player on the defense (including the resident whooping boy). It seemed every ball thrown his way was caught, he missed tackles all the time-he was terrible. Then all of a sudden it clicked and it had just continued to click since probably the last quarter of games from last season. He has really turned it around and become a very valuable part of this defense 

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Process said:

Texans Chiefs Titans Dolphins Jags and Jets coming up. 

My god. Bills will be #1 in the NFL after 9 games and probably by a wide margin. 

And looking at PA the defense really only gave up 30 points in 3 games.  I'm not counting the blocked punt in week 1 as it was ST blunder not on defense.  That's only 10 possible a game average.  Would be sweet if they keep up that pa avg.  It's doubtful that avg can be sustained over a 17 game season.  Still until they don't we can hope they do maintain a low pa rate.  Just like offensive efficiency, defensive efficiency makes things easier for the offense. Knowing each squad can hang with the league leaders in their respective stat PF on offense, PA on defense would make this Bills team unique as usually most teams will have one side be more highly ranked than the other.  High powered offense with decent but not great defense.   Dominate defense with a bland offense.  Both above combos have won SBs.  Wonder what SB winner had the best rankings for PF and PA in their SB winning seasons.  

Edited by AuntieEm
Spelling fix

58 minutes ago, MClem06 said:

There are only 3 teams higher in all of the NFL on the NFC side in points for.  That being said TEXANS and then the Chiefs.  My guess is that Diggs is gonna break 150 yards on 10 receptions in that game, he can't get that AFC Championship loss outta his head.  Let's go Buffalo.  

Few random thoughts...

I was really questioning if we needed Star back, now i know why he's here.  Guy is a monster at holding the middle when we need him.

Taron Johnson - one of the sneakiest pick ups in the league for value. He's made so many big plays for us.

Knox is back in the biz of catching the ball.  (good to see i was rooting for him to make it).

Rosseau has been squeezing the pocket on 70-80 percent of his snaps the guy is so freakin athletic its sick.

I like that we don't hear of DIGGS being a Diva about catches every week.  Josh is throwing the ball in the yard right now to everyone and it's helping us get loose.  

Freaking Bean may just be the GM of the year , his pick up of Sanders is looking like another home run.  Everything Bean touches turns to gold, very few misses is why we are a contender right now.

Hard to believe that all of this is correct, but right now it's hard to argue with much of it.  You could point to any one of several other defenders.   

This team at least is looking like it could become a really good team.  We'll see when the tougher opponents hit the schedule.  

1 hour ago, Process said:

Texans Chiefs Titans Dolphins Jags and Jets coming up. 

My god. Bills will be #1 in the NFL after 9 games and probably by a wide margin. 

Josh has to play better when the pressure is on his face.   The Chiefs and the Titans will bring that pressure and their front seven will test our OL.   Josh has got to bring his A-game (like against Dallas two years ago or Seattle last year) against those two opponents.  Looking forward to great games by Josh.  Go Bills.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ganesh said:

Josh has to play better when the pressure is on his face.   The Chiefs and the Titans will bring that pressure and their front seven will test our OL.   Josh has got to bring his A-game (like against Dallas two years ago or Seattle last year) against those two opponents.  Looking forward to great games by Josh.  Go Bills.

Josh literally just put up outstanding numbers against pressure on Sunday.  3 total TDs and 100+ yards passing.

10 hours ago, MClem06 said:

Few random thoughts...

This past week showed me why Star is on the team, on the one 4th down he drove his lineman backwards and allowed someone else to make the tackle, but clearly the run was supposed to go through him. His value will never show on a stat sheet.

• Like (+1) 2

There are only 3 teams higher in all of the NFL on the NFC side in points for. 

I only see two teams with higher points scored than Buffalo: Tampa Bay and Arizona.

Also, I wonder which team is (tied) for the NFL lead in point differential at +50 with Denver??

21 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I mean the crazy part is, this team has left lots of points on the table this year.

They could easily have 20-30 more points than they do...

Especially week 1, still can’t believe we lost to pitt, but maybe it was one of those blessings in disguise like the cards last year.

9 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

Up until the last couple of games last year, it can very easily be argued that Taron Johnson was by far the worst player on the defense (including the resident whooping boy). It seemed every ball thrown his way was caught, he missed tackles all the time-he was terrible. Then all of a sudden it clicked and it had just continued to click since probably the last quarter of games from last season. He has really turned it around and become a very valuable part of this defense 

In zone you aren't always going to be able to break up a pass.  He's been a tackling machine so far this year, so thats been big.

Few random thoughts...

Didn't even mention - buffalo is currently 7th in the league in rushing yards.  They also have tied for the 3rd most first downs on the ground, and the 11th best YPA.  The YPA seems shocking, when you consider trubisky, breida, mckenzie, and gilliam have 14 carries for 28 yards between them.  

Few random thoughts...

Great takes- Taron has been stealing time from Levi.

28 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Didn't even mention - buffalo is currently 7th in the league in rushing yards.  They also have tied for the 3rd most first downs on the ground, and the 11th best YPA.  The YPA seems shocking, when you consider trubisky, breida, mckenzie, and gilliam have 14 carries for 28 yards between them.  

Motor's 46 yard TD helps the YPA, increases his YPA from 3.9 to 5.1.  Raises the team average by .5 YPA

The Houston game should be a blowout for Buffalo.  That sets up a huge game with KC in week 5.  Is it safe to assume Mahomes is going to return to MVP form at some point?  Meanwhile, the Chiefs' scoring defense is tied for worst in the league.  That may be tougher for them to fix.  If Buffalo can pull off a win versus KC, I could see them finishing the season at 15-2 or 16 -1.  That sounds outrageously optimistic, but if Buffalo beats KC, they are arguably the best team in the AFC.

17 hours ago, MClem06 said:

Few random thoughts...

The article I read last week about Diggs being named captain, sounded like it meant alot to him, so think he's trying very hard to be a good leader and won't hear a word from him regarding number of catches.

Funny too read an article off-season who said the Bills lost something going from Brown to Sanders.  Could understand if Brown had a big year last season, but basically he provided nothing as was out most of year.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

The article I read last week about Diggs being named captain, sounded like it meant alot to him, so think he's trying very hard to be a good leader and won't hear a word from him regarding number of catches.

Funny too read an article off-season who said the Bills lost something going from Brown to Sanders.  Could understand if Brown had a big year last season, but basically he provided nothing as was out most of year.

I think its been helpful that Josh has struggled a little.  If sharing the rock gets Josh firing on all cylinders the targets will come.  If the offense is playing like last year and the targets dont come, id be worried, but i dont envision that so moot point

• Like (+1) 1