OT: Are you concerned about Mac Jones?

Success

7 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

I am asking so please don’t take this as an attack.. my question is can he still be fooled by the better D’s in the league? I know P Mannin and Brady for like the last 10 years they can have off games but rarely are fooled by a D. Has Allen elevated there yet? 

As for Jones I see a long career for him as long as he keeps the quick release and reads going, and improving.  That’s the one way he is very Brady like is the fast release. (No he isn’t Brady or as good as Brady but has that trait)

Allen has grown leaps and bounds in dissecting coverage... Teams used to throw complex funky sub packages at him... Amoeba looks with roaming lineman and backers to confuse him 

It worked for the first 1.5 years of his career... Now he dissects it and beats its ... Now where Allen struggles is where Brady and Manning and all the greats struggle 

When he's not getting protected and his receivers can't separate... He has no problem reading and dissecting complex zone defenses now 

Sometimes like Rogers he will hold the ball for longer shots and pass up an open receiver... But that's not because he's confused... It's because he's willing to take a sack or hold the ball for the right read that he wants sometimes

24 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

PFF has Mac Jones graded as the #1 QB in the NFL against zone coverage at 91.3 overall.

To say this should be a major concern against Frazier and McD's defense is an understatement.

I'm utterly mystified how this guy can be so good and the Pats apparently didn't need to wait until the 6th round this time to find another Brady.

I'm utterly mystified on how every year you drool over every team but our own.

51 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

PFF has Mac Jones graded as the #1 QB in the NFL against zone coverage at 91.3 overall.

To say this should be a major concern against Frazier and McD's defense is an understatement.

I'm utterly mystified how this guy can be so good and the Pats apparently didn't need to wait until the 6th round this time to find another Brady.

So forget the hall of fame.. according to you, he is already Tom Brady?  Mac Jones will quarterback his teams to seven Super Bowls in his career?  You’re bypassing the guy being an all pro, winning an MVP or two.. instead of that you are going straight to the greatest of all time?  The hyperbole is as thick as John Carpenter’s The Fog.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

You love PFF so much.  They also said this...

The problem is that this Bills defense is a juggernaut. Pick a stat, any stat, and they probably lead the league in it.

Pass yards allowed per attempt: 5.69 (No. 1)

Explosive pass play rate allowed: 9.2% (No. 1)

Pass TD rate allowed: 1.9% (No. 1)

Pressure rate: 48.9% (No. 3)

Quick pressure rate: 28.2% (No. 1)

Fantasy points per game allowed to QBs: 12.5 (No. 1)

Jones...

Big-time throw rate: 4.6% (No. 17)

Yards per attempt: 7.2 (No. 19)

New England’s status as the league’s fifth-most run-heavy offense in non-garbage time situations reflects the reality that Jones isn’t exactly handling the position’s largest workload but just realize the 2021 NFL Draft’s No. 15 overall pick sure looks the part of the team’s future at quarterback.

It's easy to look good when you are asked to manage a game, have a great o line, a great defense, greatest coaching, Solid TE's, great running game and played nobody.

That is not to say he hasnt played well.  It is also not to say he wont be great in the future.  That is to say... wipe the drool from your chin.

Edited by Scott7975

5 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

"Paper Tigers".  "Paper Champions" isn't a thing, though I suppose it could be.

What exactly are we supposed to be "proving you wrong" about?  Every Championship team needs a good defense, usually a top-10 defense on points that peaks at the end of the season. 

The years the Pats won the Superbowls their D was 7th, 1st, 8th, 2nd, 1st, 6th

A QB also needs a sound OL too.  For years, the Pat's secret weapon was "Coach Scar", long-time OL coach Dante Scarnecchia who had the ability to mold cutout bin scraps and JAGs into a solid OL anchored by a long-time center and LT

First off, yes "Paper Tigers" but you seem like you really want to point out my mistake, so i will be sure to punish myself for the mental error. I am sorry sir, please forgive me?

2nd..i was not addressing you or this whole board. I replied to one poster when i made the "prove me wrong statement" so I am not quite sure why you think you were addressed in that. And to the rest....you are making my point i was trying to make in general about what Jones is limited to compared to other QBs will not be a problem if he truly is a solid QB.. If he truly is a solid QB, as long as they build a good team around him, he can win, he can also win them some games. He doesn't need to have a big arm or be able to run like hell out the pocket. Especially with the way NE runs their system. 

Edited by Ghost_002!

10 hours ago, TBBills said:

No they still have the old mentality of the Patriots being a world beater. You use a lot of sarcasm as if it's a disability for you.

So how does Tyrann Mathieu have that old mentality? I never knew using "sarcasm" means you may have a disability. Seems you know a lot about this, do you wanna talk about it? 

8 hours ago, Success said:

Goalpost move.  You were comparing the accomplishments of Brady and Rogers based on what kind of QB each is.

"If KC didn't have a defense he would not have won a ring?"  I don't even know what that means. What SB-winning QB would that not be applied to?

The thought was mobile/athletic QBs are the future. A pocket passer is a thing of the past and will not be as affective. I beg to differ if you put a team around them. No team is winning if they are relying solely on their QB, cause he can throw and running, etc- Pigging backing off the tweet Tyrann Mathieu put out.  

Edited by Ghost_002!

8 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Just take a moment and appreciate that hes on our board to spread the gospel of Mac Jones because the regulars on the Pats board are too dumb for intelligent discussion.  Let that sink in.

I know right..i mean after all it was a bills fan that made this Mac Jones thread to begin with that you keep coming into as well. I mean what am i thinking talking about a topic that someone else created for people to talk about...wow what a concept. Wait maybe i shouldn't use too much sarcasm. That may show signs of a disability issue. So i was told.

Edited by Ghost_002!

10 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

So how does Tyrann Mathieu have that old mentality? I never knew using "sarcasm" means you may have a disability. Seems you know a lot about this, do you wanna talk about it? 

The thought was mobile/athletic QBs are the future. A pocket passer is a thing of the past and will not be as affective. I beg to differ if you put a team around them. No team is winning if they are relying solely on their QB, cause he can throw and running, etc- Pigging backing off the tweet Tyrann Mathieu put out.  

I mean, I love his game - but who cares what Mathieu says about Mac Jones?

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Success said:

I mean, I love his game - but who cares what Mathieu says about Mac Jones?

You don't have to care, nobody has to care..but i am sure, had we been talking about another bills player that people outside of buffalo doubted and another player happen to be praising him. I am sure his comments would show up in the topic...i mean it's a natural debate and discussion. Talking points, using visuals and other references to make your point. *shrug shoulders*

Edited by Ghost_002!
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

You don't have to care, nobody has to care..but i am sure, had we been talking about another bills player that people outside of buffalo doubted and another player happen to be praising him. I am sure his comments would show up in the topic...i mean it's a nature debate and discussions. Point using visuals and other references to make their point. *shrug shoulders*

Who is "doubting" Mac Jones?  According to Pats fans, he is already as good as Brady and in the HOF with another 6 Lombardi's.  According to ESPN & the rest, the AFC East had one non-Patriots year, and now it's over.

Mac Jones is the most hyped QB I've seen in decades.

Edited by Success
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Ghost_002! said:

You don't have to care, nobody has to care..but i am sure, had we been talking about another bills player that people outside of buffalo doubted and another player happen to be praising him. I am sure his comments would show up in the topic...i mean it's a nature debate and discussions. Point using visuals and other references to make their point. *shrug shoulders*

Yeah that's happened quite a bit with Josh Allen. He was doubted by many and crazy thing is, some still do

1 minute ago, Success said:

Who is "doubting" Mac Jones?  According to Pats fans, he is already as good as Brady and in the HOF with another 6 Lombardi's.  According to ESPN & the rest, the AFC East had one non-Patriots year, and now it's over.

Mac Jones is the most hyped QB I've seen in decades.

^^^^ Again i will ask...so there is not a section of buffalo fans that over hype their players...? ESPN doesn't hype other players and teams in other sports...or you just really really bothered because it's your division rival that has been so successful for 20 plus year and just when you thought it was all over...they maybe coming back after a very short time at the bottom.

3 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Yeah that's happened quite a bit with Josh Allen. He was doubted by many and crazy thing is, some still do

I think Allen has proven his self as an elite QB. Now he has to prove he can when a AFC championship....and SB. But Josh Allen is that dude the way i see it. 

Just now, Ghost_002! said:

^^^^ Again i will ask...so there is not a section of buffalo fans that over hype their players...? ESPN doesn't hype other players and teams in other sports...or you just really really bothered because it's your division rival that has been so successful for 20 plus year and just when you thought it was all over...they maybe coming back after a very short time at the bottom.

Of course that bothers me - if it happens. 

I don't get why Pats fans come here trying to convince Buffalo fans that they're back & Mac is just going to keep it all going.  Is it possible to still be insecure after the success their team has had?

I post on other team's board, but I'm mindful of basic etiquette.  I can be all homer here, and overhyping Bills players - but I just wouldn't do it on a rival's board, or really any other board.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Oh for sure...Lol if you had seen how much T. Taylor got hyped by some you would get a very good laugh. I know I did lol

10 minutes ago, Success said:

Of course that bothers me - if it happens. 

I don't get why Pats fans come here trying to convince Buffalo fans that they're back & Mac is just going to keep it all going.  Is it possible to still be insecure after the success their team has had?

I post on other team's board, but I'm mindful of basic etiquette.  I can be all homer here, and overhyping Bills players - but I just wouldn't do it on a rival's board, or really any other board.

???? i am just gonna speak for myself....where have you seen me screaming "oh the pats are back!, we are coming for the division..rah rah...we have Mac Jones...etc"???? You will never find that because i do not do that here. I have gone out of my way to praise the bills, their players and praise majority of this fan base....i have never brought up the pats success to rub it in anyone's face. If i have brought up their success. It was to make a point during a topical conversation/debate/thread/post.  And again, it's YOUR fellow bills posters who make these threads up that you guys come into and anyone else can come into and talk about. 

Edited by Ghost_002!
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

I am asking so please don’t take this as an attack.. my question is can he still be fooled by the better D’s in the league? I know P Mannin and Brady for like the last 10 years they can have off games but rarely are fooled by a D. Has Allen elevated there yet? 

As for Jones I see a long career for him as long as he keeps the quick release and reads going, and improving.  That’s the one way he is very Brady like is the fast release. (No he isn’t Brady or as good as Brady but has that trait)

He'll be a career backup in three years. He doesn't have what it takes in the new NFL. Dream all you want.

3 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

???? i am just gonna speak for myself....where have you seen me screaming "oh the pats are back!, we are coming for the division..rah rah...we have Mac Jones...etc"???? You will never find that because i do not do that here. I have gone out of my way to praise the bills, their players and praise majority of this fan base....i have never brought up the pats success to rub it in anyone's face. If i have brought up their success. It was to make a point during a topical conversation/debate/thread/post.  And again, it's YOUR fellow bills posters who make these threads up that you guys commenting into and anyone else can come into and talk about. 

here’s a hint. 

stop posting in this silly thread and it will go away 

Connect the dots!!

2 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

here’s a hint. 

stop posting in this silly thread and it will go away 

Connect the dots!!

here's a hint....i am not bother by this thread, I am not bothered being here, I am not bothered by the likes of you or anyone else. You seem more bothered than i do..so I will carry on as a poster here.  

And you seem like you have it together talking about the silly thread going way, but post in the thread to keep it going....

Edited by Ghost_002!
  • Sad 1
  • Dislike 1

???? i am just gonna speak for myself....where have you seen me screaming "oh the pats are back!, we are coming for the division..rah rah...we have Mac Jones...etc"???? You will never find that because i do not do that here. I have gone out of my way to praise the bills, their players and praise majority of this fan base....i have never brought up the pats success to rub it in anyone's face. If i have brought their success was to make a point during topical conversation/debate/thread/post.  And again, it's YOUR fellow bills posters who make these threads up that you guys commenting in for anyone to come in and discuss. 

Fair enough, and if I overreacted, all apologies.  We really only have 2 Pats fans who post here (that I'm aware of), and I appreciate the contributions generally.  Sometimes I see what I'd call humble bragging, but it's actually kind of challenging to be objective when it comes to anything Patriots or Patriots-fan related these days.  20 years is a long time, and most Pats fans that I encounter in real life become like cartoon characters when the conversation moves into anything sports-related.

I have no real reason to doubt what you're saying.  In general, I'm tired of the Patriots, I'm tired of BB, and I'm already tired of the Jones hype. It colors my POV.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Success said:

Fair enough, and if I overreacted, all apologies.  We really only have 2 Pats fans who post here (that I'm aware of), and I appreciate the contributions generally.  Sometimes I see what I'd call humble bragging, but it's actually kind of challenging to be objective when it comes to anything Patriots or Patriots-fan related these days.  20 years is a long time, and most Pats fans that I encounter in real life become like cartoon characters when the conversation moves into anything sports-related.

I have no real reason to doubt what you're saying.  In general, I'm tired of the Patriots, I'm tired of BB, and I'm already tired of the Jones hype. It colors my POV.

Have nothing but the ultimate respect for you! *cheers*

• Thank you (+1) 1

here's a hint....i am not bother by this thread, I am not bothered being here, I am not bothered by the likes of you or anyone else. You seem more bothered than i do..so I will carry on as a poster here.  

And you seem like you have it together talking about the silly thread going way, but post in the thread to keep it going....

please. Just stop

ITS A F-ING BILLS BOARD

you don’t like it ignore it or head back to the Cheatriots forms 

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Success said:

Lol, yeah after the very long, drawn out, continuous, brutal round house kicks in the taint up to anal cavity we received from Brady and Pats for nearly 20 yrs, it's very easy to flip on even the very few decent Pats fans lol

Edited by Sheneneh Jenkins
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Ghost_002! said:

2 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

please. Just stop

ITS A F-ING BILLS BOARD

you don’t like it ignore it or head back to the Cheatriots forms 

ha ha just wow!

Edited by Ghost_002!

3 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

He'll be a career backup in three years. He doesn't have what it takes in the new NFL. Dream all you want.

Yawn.. another baseless claim not made with any sort of facts.. I’ll do it to Allen will be done in 2 years after he gets hurt running and not sliding. ( No I don’t mean it.. but it’s almost as stupid as his claim.

42 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Yawn.. another baseless claim not made with any sort of facts.. I’ll do it to Allen will be done in 2 years after he gets hurt running and not sliding. ( No I don’t mean it.. but it’s almost as stupid as his claim.

Tua would be the same player maybe even better on that patriot****** team 

57 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

He looks like a pretty good game manager to me when you have a defense like the patriots sometimes it’s enough

Not against us because of our defense but still pretty good

11 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Actually, I dont know if Tua would be better than Mac or not but I definitely think he would do really well on the Pats.

Put Mac Jones on that Dolphins team behind that OL and those two clueless OC’s and they would be looking to replace him next year , someone please tell me I’m wrong  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.