Calling my shot. Two NFL records broken by Bills players this year.

Draconator

26 minutes ago, Draconator said:

Just a gut feeling. 

Tyler Bass will break Adam Vinatieri's record of 44 straight field goals.

Josh Allen will break Norm Van Brocklin's record of most passing yards in a game (554). 

He would need over 70 attempts in a game.

29 minutes ago, Draconator said:

Just a gut feeling. 

Josh Allen will break Norm Van Brocklin's record of most passing yards in a game (554). 

That’s it, you just put the kibosh on Bass-o-Matic. The first rule of kicking streak club is you don’t talk about kicking streak club.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

He would need over 70 attempts in a game.

Van Brocklin had 41 attempts. The most was Jarred Goff (68) 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_500-yard_passing_games_in_the_National_Football_League

6 minutes ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

That’s it, you just put the kibosh on Bass-o-Matic. The first rule of kicking streak club is you don’t talk about kicking streak club.

Just one mention wouldn't jinx him. And once he gets close, more will be talking about it. 

How many has Bass made in a row as of now?  I think it's highly unlikely, since McDermott trusts him to attempt some really long kicks, and he kicks in the Buffalo winds.  Still, he's an amazing kicker, so there's a chance.

Not sure Allen breaks that record, but I do expect him to have a couple of 450ish yard games this year.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Draconator said:

Just a gut feeling. 

That’d be fun to watch. It’d be cool if Josh does that tomorrow against the Dolphins.

Go Bills!

Edited by BillsFan619
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I highly doubt either of those will happen for the Bills, or any other team, for that matter. Bass particularly is at a disadvantage kicking in an outdoor stadium. And the outdoor stadium he kicks in is one of the worst for kickers in the NFL because of the swirling winds and the amount of snow it gets annually.

Allen is a threat with his legs, which takes away from his passing yards somewhat.

1 hour ago, MJS said:

I highly doubt either of those will happen for the Bills, or any other team, for that matter. Bass particularly is at a disadvantage kicking in an outdoor stadium. And the outdoor stadium he kicks in is one of the worst for kickers in the NFL because of the swirling winds and the amount of snow it gets annually.

Allen is a threat with his legs, which takes away from his passing yards somewhat.

Man…. Debbie Downer 

7336E307-6D02-4D31-AC39-7DD6F2859A7D.webp

• Haha (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Draconator said:

Amazing that the passing record has stood for 60 years.  Someone will break that record soon.  Why not Josh and the Bills. 

Looked at the box score for that game, what a  but-kicking by the Rams.   NY was totally overmatched.  They returned a punt and a fumble for TDs and still lost by 40.   

LA Rams outgained NY Yanks 735 yds - 168 yds overall, and in net passing 541 - 8!

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/195109280ram.htm#all_team_stats

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Draconator said:

Just a gut feeling. 

Bold predictions. 

Very bold.  But wrong.

I'll be less bold but more correct:

Josh won't break Van Brocklin's record but will throw for over 400 yards at least once this season.

Dak won't break Van Brocklin's record either.  Not this season.  Not ever.  

Bass won't break Vinatieri's record.  Not this season.  Not ever.  

Sean McDermott will take sole possession of second place on the list of most playoffs wins by a Bills head coach.  

• Disagree 1

24 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

Bold predictions. 

Very bold.  But wrong.

I'll be less bold but more correct:

Josh won't break Van Brocklin's record but will throw for over 400 yards at least once this season.

Dak won't break Van Brocklin's record either.  Not this season.  Not ever.  

Bass won't break Vinatieri's record.  Not this season.  Not ever.  

Sean McDermott will take sole possession of second place on the list of most playoffs wins by a Bills head coach.  

What makes you think you would be more correct? 

- Experience?

- Do you have Tarot cards?

- A crystal ball?

- Did that street walker on 19th and Main whisper in your ear those predictions?

PS: Records are made to be broken. Why not Josh and Bass?

5 hours ago, Draconator said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_500-yard_passing_games_in_the_National_Football_League

Just one mention wouldn't jinx him. And once he gets close, more will be talking about it. 

lol....i guess you don't know the power of jinx......it is like a voo doo doll on steroids.

8 hours ago, Draconator said:

1 hour ago, Captain Caveman said:

not if he can start hitting on the deep ball

Does anyone know what Tyler's streak is currently at?

Josh has 10 career games with over 40 attempts.  Only 4 resulted in over 300 yards.  Only 2 of those were over 350.

Had 51 in the AFCC game.  271 yards.

Who is he going to put up 560 on?  SUNY Albany?

3 hours ago, Draconator said:

What makes you think you would be more correct? 

- Experience?

- Do you have Tarot cards?

- A crystal ball?

- Did that street walker on 19th and Main whisper in your ear those predictions?

PS: Records are made to be broken. Why not Josh and Bass?

A mysterious woman with long, unkempt white hair living in a candle-filled cave on Soeraksan in the Taebaek Mountains of Korea whispered this in my ear back in 1988 and I've never forgotten her strange prognostication.  

And if that weren't enough, my predictions are just statistically more probable than saying that Bills players will break not one - but two - long standing NFL records.  

Edited by hondo in seattle

43 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Josh has 10 career games with over 40 attempts.  Only 4 resulted in over 300 yards.  Only 2 of those were over 350.

Had 51 in the AFCC game.  271 yards.

Who is he going to put up 560 on?  SUNY Albany?

I’m not saying it’s likely, but I think the way the league is going someone will break that record, and based on the second half of last year it wouldn’t surprise me greatly if it were JA. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Bass's streak is currently at 7, not including preseason. 

12 if you include preseason.

Graham Gano currently has the longest streak, I think, at 33.

His streak is at 18 consecutive made going back to last season.