Bills restructure Jordan Poyer, create 2.6 mill in cap space

YoloinOhio

3 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

The elevated players got a one week minimum game check last year for being called up.

They get a minimum of 3 weeks if called up from the PS.

All that bookkeeping is done using the Dead Money section on Spotrac.

Practice squad contracts do not include guaranteed salaries, bonuses or incentives. They are entirely about the weekly check.

That said, if a player is promoted to the active roster for game day, they will receive a prorated cut of the minimum annual salary for a player with his number of accrued seasons. 

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-practice-squad-salaries-rules-2021/1wt851t0mlm9c1amafmqrx6dll

I’m glad they get something if they are elevated, but don’t see how it would affect the cap since it only counts the top 51.

2 hours ago, BillsCuse said:

What happened with the cap space that was created when Diggs restructured?  I thought that created almost 8 mil, but now we only have 4 mil after Poyer?  Did Allen's extension take up more space this year?

I think they did use some of the cap space this year for Allen’s new deal, but then reduced some of Allen’s hit next year. Then when the TV money comes in 2023 Allen’s cap hit really goes up.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m glad they get something if they are elevated, but don’t see how it would affect the cap since it only counts the top 51.

The top 51 expired Thursday.  Too many people forget the cap includes all players getting paid during the season.

The season cap rules are the ones that matter.  

• Like (+1) 1

DT seems the most likely.  The likelihood that Star (1) holds up after opting-out last year is suspect; and/or (2) plays like he did previously is also suspect.  Hoping on Harry is also just Hope, and he is also injury-prone.   With an 18 game season, if they have their eye on a DT, the time to move is now.  

If there isn't a DT they like now, then I agree, just emergency money, but Bean may see a DT "potential emergency" and "potential replacement" now.  

5 hours ago, Just Joshin' said:

Fashion consultant.

Babushka fashions LTD

OK I'll play along with the Etrz rumors, lets say it were to happen:

Aren't salaries guaranteed for vets if they are on the roster week 1?  So if the Eagles were to trade Ertz to Buffalo, would we then have to honor his existing contract??

And if the Eagles were to cut him after Sunday, wouldn't he then be due his full salary from them?